HYPERBOLE, OR NOT? TRUMP & THE FBI
8 responses | 0 likes
Started by 12345 - July 20, 2024, 10:47 a.m.

THIS HAS GOTTEN ALMOST 3M VIEWS IN 18 HOURS.  I HAVEN'T WATCHED IT, YET...BUT, I WILL THE SECOND I POST THE LINK.   

FBI Connected DIRECTLY to Donald Trump Assassination Attempt in NEW Report!! .... 31 MINUTES

EDIT @ 11:20 AM: I APOLOGIZE FOR THE FOUL LANGUAGE USE, BUT... I HADN'T WATCHED IT.  THIS IS GUT WRENCHING BECAUSE; TO ME... IT IS SOOOOOO BELIEVABLE.

Comments
By metmike - July 20, 2024, 11:32 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks very much, Jean!

I can with almost 100% certainty, state that this guy is a loud mouthed moron twisting facts to manufacture complete bs.

Using a huge event like this for his self serving agenda. 

Congratulations 2.8 million viewers! You just wasted 30 minutes of your life getting dumber if you believe any of this retarded stuff!

This is similar to the Ray Epps worked undercover for the government bs conspiracy theory. He incited the Insurrection to frame Trump. 100% of the evidence proves that this is a huge lie. A Mt. Everest amount of evidence proves this to be WRONG.  

But no matter. Tucker, Fox and the far right want to believe the manufactured lies because it plays into their denial of Donald Trump being 100% responsible for the Insurrection.............because he was trying to overturn the 100%, proven legit. results of the 2020 election that he lost.

People that believe this..................WANTED to believe it before they watched it.

It's complete nonsense!

Read the comments, which are over 12,000. They are almost all people that WANTED TO BELIEVE IN THIS GALACTICALLY ABSURD CONSPIRACY THEORY!

If you want to believe, this guy sounds extremely convincing. 

People like this charismatic charlatan are what's most wrong with the internet. Nefarious people with an agenda to try to use events and their over amplified,  outsized impact on people with shisst video's like this.

Making the world a dumber, more divisive, hate filled place for their self serving agenda.

By metmike - July 20, 2024, 11:49 a.m.
Like Reply

Jean,

No need to apologize for anything about this video.

I'm extremely grateful to you for posting it!

Not just because I personally want to see as much of this that i can to understand what's out there but because I want the opportunity to comment about it using an objective mind.

Almost ever comment under that video represents a captured  mind that goes to echo chambers for their information. This is a problem in our world today.

This is an ANTI echo chamber.  We do best here when BUSTING conspiracy theories.......from BOTH sides.

That can only happen when the conspiracy theory is presented first. 

Whether it comes from me, you or somebody else does not matter.

Thank you!

By metmike - July 20, 2024, 1:14 p.m.
Like Reply

It's up to 3 millions views and 13,000 comments now!

How many of those people will actually apply critical thinking and use authentic facts to discern the truth?

Instead, how many WANT TO BELIEVE............and instead of scrutinizing a wild, conspiracy theory that makes no sense based on facts.........will BELIEVE IT?

I get the backdrop to this that makes it supposedly, plausible.

The justice department used the corrupt 2.5 year Mueller investigation and the 3, complete nonsense trials in NY to get rid of Trump...............so this is just another example of them doing it to take him out. 

NO IT WASN'T!

Just like the FBI didn't plant Ray Epps in the crowd to incite the Insurrection riot to frame Trump.

Ray Epps, like almost everybody else in the crowd, was a far right, Donald Trump supporter that believed Trumps lies about the 2020 election and the need to overturn the election. Ironically, the far right DISinformation guru's used Ray Epps for their conspiracy theories! 

In this case, they are doing something similar.

A lady behind Trump, a likely strong supporter of Donald Trump is now being singled out as being in on the plot because she pulled out her phone camera to shoot video, instead of reacting like most of the other people.

This is donkey dung disinformation. 

By 12345 - July 20, 2024, 2:12 p.m.
Like Reply

LOL  GEEESH, MIKE.

I'M GLAD YOU JOINED THE CROWD & WASTED 30 MINUTES OF YOUR TIME.    

I THINK / BELIEVE YOU'VE WASTED MORE THAN 30 MINUTES, BUT.... WITH ME NOT KNOWING HOW LONG IT TOOK YOU TO POST YOUR "ANTI-ECHO CHAMBER" THOUGHTS & BELIEFS...YOU CAN REST ASSURED THAT TIME SPENT WAS A WASTE OF TIME, TO ME BECAUSE I DIDN'T READ 'EM ALL. HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA

KINDA LIKE: THERE WAS NO CROWD ... THE SKY WAS BLUE ... AND, THE FLAG WAVED. MOST FOLKS BELIEVED / BELIEVE THAT IS AS AN AUTHENTIC FACTUAL PICTURE....UNTIL...THEY DIDN'T.

'NUFF SAID.  IF YOU WANNA CONTINUE TALKING TO YOURSELF IN THIS THREAD...HAVE AT IT.  I'VE NOT GOT TIME TO WASTE ON IT.

By metmike - July 21, 2024, 12:16 a.m.
Like Reply

The video below now has 3,500,000 views and 15,000 comments. Most of them making statements that tell us that they actually believe all this.

FBI Connected DIRECTLY to Donald Trump Assassination Attempt in NEW Report!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5MDzmxJquQ

By metmike - July 21, 2024, 9:58 a.m.
Like Reply

Conspiracy theories spread wildly after the first assassination attempt on a US president in the social media age    

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/15/media/social-media-assassination-conspiracy-theories/index.html

Consequences for inaction   

The reasons people share conspiracy theories are varied. Some do so in a cynical attempt to undermine or attack people who do not share their political point of view. Others get in on the act for social media clout – viral posts can translate into dollars for some online influencers.       

Social media companies including Meta, YouTube, TikTok and X didn’t respond to requests for comment.       

The enormous temptation to share false claims is being actively rewarded by platforms such as X, formerly Twitter, where owner Elon Musk has made multiple interlocking decisions around account verification, payments to creators, and whom to allow on the platform that have facilitated a noisier and less trustworthy information ecosystem, misinformation researchers have long said.       

Musk partook in the proliferation of misleading material, sharing a post Sunday that claimed mainstream media outlets were peddling “pure propaganda” about the shooting.    

As evidence of supposedly biased coverage, Musk cherry-picked some of the earliest press reports about the incident, which referred to “loud noises” and “popping noises” at the rally. Those were carefully worded initial bulletins that were later updated to reflect that a “shooting” had indeed taken place.    

But the Trump shooting and its aftermath may be an even bigger indictment of Meta’s decision this year to stop promoting news, politics and social issues in its curated content feeds. At the time, the move was seen as potentially helpful for preventing users from going down algorithmically recommended rabbit holes, but it also triggered predictions that the policy could pose problems during an election year.       

Saturday’s shooting has vividly illustrated the consequences of that decision, as users expressed frustration that mentions of the incident could not immediately be found on Threads, in direct contrast to X where conspiratorial thinking was flowing freely. The Verge reported Saturday that Meta did appear to be surfacing news reports about the shooting in Facebook search results, and that it inconsistently showed conspiracy-related content at the top of its trending topic on Threads for the incident. Following the publication of this article, The Verge updated its story to reflect that none of the top five posts in Thread’s trending topic for the shooting contained conspiratorial content, which was confirmed to CNN by a Meta spokesperson.    

Meta’s move to stop amplifying news in user feeds may be the right one for shareholders as executives have come to view moderating that type of content as an unsustainable business cost, said Laura Edelson, an assistant professor of computer science at Northeastern University and the co-director of Cybersecurity for Democracy, a research group focused on digital misinformation. But it may have come at the cost of society writ large.       

“What this leads to is, on Threads, there’s just not very much of either authoritative news or non-authoritative news compared to other platforms because of the nature of the algorithm,” Edelson said. “And then people just switch over to other platforms where they can get stuff, and so like on Twitter, there’s a bunch of crazy conspiracy theories getting actively recommended by the Twitter algorithm.”    

TikTok is also currently a major vector for misinformation about the shooting, Edelson added, because the app’s algorithm promotes content “about the things that people are asking about, even if they do it in a really irresponsible way.”  

Meta’s decision to pull back from promoting credible news content in feeds, along with the constant press of unverified and misleading claims on other social media platforms and the comparatively slow drip of confirmed reporting from major news outlets, all appear to have combined to create the perfect conditions for a misinformation maelstrom.    

The situation calls for more rigorous regulation of social media, Edelson said, but it also offers a lesson for mainstream journalists: Don’t just report what we do know, but also report the outstanding unanswered questions so that the public won’t fill in the gaps with junk information.    

News outlets “should be running stories about, ‘Here are the questions people have, and here’s how we’re trying to find out about them.’ …. Maybe people don’t like to read those stories, but if you don’t write those stories, then what people will do is they will just scroll down one more video to someone who’s going to speculate about how this guy was probably, like, fed information by the FBI.”    

By 12345 - July 21, 2024, 12:46 p.m.
Like Reply

MIKE SAID: "Conspiracy theories spread wildly after the first assassination attempt on a US president in the social media age "  

ACTUALLY, IT'S THE 2ND 

By metmike - July 21, 2024, 12:56 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks, jean!

I guess the author who picked that title should have know better!

Maybe alot of people don't count the one with Bush in 2005?

Timeline: Assassination attempts against US presidents, candidates

Four US presidents and one candidate have been assassinated since the founding of the US.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/7/14/timeline-assassination-attempts-against-us-presidents-candidates