Ben Carson interview
3 responses | 1 like
Started by cutworm - July 30, 2024, 9:50 p.m.

Everyone should hear what he says about abortion at about 1:28;00 near the end.

Dr. Ben Carson: The Left’s Cringing Worship of Kamala Harris (tuckercarlson.com)

Comments
By metmike - July 31, 2024, 9:45 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks for passing this along, cutworm.

I'm just now listening and Carson makes some extremely valid points. Interestingly, I've been getting ready to make a thread related to how almost everything that we read about in politics and climate science today is just a manufactured reality intended to obtain control of us by the elites. 

This DOES include Tucker,  Fox and Trump..............regardless of the fact that they sometimes hit grand slams, exposing the other side doing this, which this interview is an example of.

By metmike - July 31, 2024, 10:56 a.m.
Like Reply

Ben Carson

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Carson

In complete objectivity, Ben Carson also puts a huge spin on interpretations that are sometimes not completely factual.

I can relate to the neighborhoods of Detroit where he grew up. He grew up on the far Southwest side which is on the opposite side of where the 1967 riots were.

We lived much closer, around 3 miles away from the worst area.

Neither of our neighborhoods were directly impacted.

On the map below, Carson lived closer to River Rouge(along the Rouge River, where all the factories were built to take advantage of barge traffic transportation). This is at the bottom of the map And maybe 10+ miles from the riots.

It was NOT a good neighborhood. We lived in East Dearborn(1/2 block from the Detroit border)  which WAS a decent neighborhood at the time even though it was around 3 miles west of the riots.

Our old neighborhood in East Dearborn is almost entirely Muslim now. All the businesses on the main streets have verbiage identifiers in Arabic with no English. 

West Dearborn, which is off this map to the left is where my parents moved on my Dad's retirement in 1990(in part so that they would not be the last white family in the neighborhood). It's probably a bit less than 50% Muslim today at his last home.

https://projects.lib.wayne.edu/12thstreetdetroit/exhibits/show/july23_aug41967/item/445

By metmike - July 31, 2024, 11:25 a.m.
Like Reply

To expand the story and how it related to personal views.

Growing up, we were indoctrinated in Catholic School at St. Alphonsus, being taught that the Israelite's were God's chosen people and that the Jews of today, are their ancestors.

To some extent, though not as a main theme, it was, at the very least implied that God's chosen people continue to be persecuted in this current age, with evidence of it being what Hitler did in WW2.

Conflicts in the Middle East over religion were assumed to be a continuation of the persecution.

So when the Arabs began pushing out the white families in South Dearborn first, though I never remember an unkind word at school or at home about them, we were left to make our own assumptions, mainly because that side of town featured high crime rates and the ones in our public school (Fordson-I had numerous friends there) were often involved in fights and trouble making.

As a teenager, I was more afraid of them because of the frequent incidents that featured a group of, what we called the "Syrians" picking fights and trying to bully individuals like me. 

As an adult, interacting with other adults in Muslim families in West Dearborn while visiting my parents, I changed my tune to a positive view. 

Dad is in assisted living right now but we still have his house in West Dearborn, which I help to maintain. He is surrounded by neighbors that came from the Middle East and all speak to each other in their native language.

They all seem like very nice people.