Post(S) of the week-mcfarm/joj shared
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Aug. 8, 2024, 10:07 p.m.

We're elevating Joj's response below to an equal, very worthy recognition.

Re: Re: Re: Who will Harris pick as VP?          

By mcfarm - Aug. 7, 2024, 9:37 p.m.                                                             

This is just PERFECT!   “WHO AM I VOTING FOR - AND WHY?!!”

That moment when someone says, "I can't believe you would vote for Trump.”

I simply reply, “I'm not voting for Trump.”

I'm voting for the First Amendment and freedom of speech.

I'm voting for the Second Amendment and my right to defend my life and my family.

I'm voting for the next Supreme Court Justice(s) to protect the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

I’m voting for the continued growth of my retirement and reducing inflation.

I’m voting for a return of our troops from foreign countries and the end to America’s involvement in foreign conflicts.

I'm voting for the Electoral College and for the Republic in which we live.

I'm voting for the Police to be respected once again and to ensure Law & Order. I am tired of all the criminals having a revolving door and being put back in the street. 

I’m voting for the continued appointment of Federal Judges who respect the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

I’m voting for keeping our jobs to remain in America and not be outsourced all over the world - to China, Mexico and other foreign countries. I want USA made. 

I’m voting for secure borders and have legal immigration. I can’t believe we have actually have flown 380,000 illegal immigrants into our country.                                

I am voting for doing away with all of the freebies given to all of the illegals and not looking after the needs of the American citizens. 

I'm voting for the Military & the Veterans who fought for this Country to give the American people their freedoms.

I'm voting for the unborn babies that have a right to live.

I’m voting for peace progress in the Middle East.

I’m voting to fight against human/child trafficking.

I'm voting for Freedom of Religion.

I'm voting for the right to speak my opinion and not be censored. I am voting for the return of teaching math, history, and science instead of indoctrination of our children and pronouns. 

I'm not just voting for one person, I'm voting for the future of my Country.

I'm voting for my children and my grandchildren to ensure their freedoms and their future.

What are you voting for? Trump/Vance2024         

Comments
By joj - Aug. 9, 2024, 7:53 a.m.
Like Reply

You're voting for a lifelong criminal.

You're voting for a businessman who has declared bankruptcy multiple times.

You're voting for a serial rapist.

You're voting for a liar.

You're voting for a narcissist. 

You're voting for a treasonous wanna-be dictator who refused to follow in our republic's 220-year tradition of peaceful transfer of power.

You're voting for a man who has pledged to pardon all the insurrectionists on Jan 6 including those guilty of beating cops.

You're voting for a former president who froze when it was time for leadership during the pandemic costing the lives of more than 200,000 Americans.

You're voting for a former president who added 6 trillion to the US debt.

You're voting for a man who declared the press is the enemy of the people (plagiarized from Hitler).

You're voting for a man who demands loyalty to him rather than the Constitution.

You're voting for a man that all the former generals who served under him have said that his reelection would be dangerous to the country.

You are voting for a man who his own former Secretary of State Tillerson called a moron.

You're voting for a moron.

You're voting for a man with dementia.

You're voting for a man who watched Fox News 6 hours a day when he was president (and they referred to it as "executive time").

You're voting for the worst president in the history of our country.

I AM NOT !!!!!

By metmike - Aug. 9, 2024, 11:01 a.m.
Like Reply

joj,

Most of what you stated is spot on.

As you can see, I have Trump views, independent of yours that line up closely on numerous points.

And my views also line up very closely with many of mcfarms points.

Trump  7-26-24                                     

Started by metmike - July 26, 2024, 11:34 p.m

.            https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/106215/

Seems almost impossible that you 2 guys are so far apart politically and I agree pretty strongly with both of you on points you're so far apart on.

That's because Donald Trump is a man of extreme contradictions.

He offers/represents policies for Americans on the right that they yearn for. He is sincere in his representing this. We can bank on him following thru with most of it, consistent with his behavior while in office previously for 4 years.

At the same time, he is the most despicable human being to ever run for president, based on how he treats other people. Disrespecting people is not just something he does, it DEFINES WHO HE IS!

I feel strongly, along with the powerful evidence that the Mueller investigation and NY cases/situations were weaponizations of the justice system used politically against him....

joj and I disagree on those elements but agree strongly on almost all the rest.

Donald Trump brings out the worst in everybody, including opponents who will do ANYTHING to stop him.

When you go around shissting on everybody that you disagree with and making enemies, don't be surprised  if those enemies come back at you with extreme tactics.

Those that are on his side end up, constantly trying to excuse/justify his behavior and to lower their ethical standards in order to make shisssting on people an OK thing to do..........if it accomplishes a political objective that is even more important than treating other human beings with respect.

I actually get this (to some extent) because Trump isn't exactly running against a bunch of saints. He's running against other politicians. Guys like Joe Biden that used Ukraine to self enrich his family to the tune of millions, when he was VP, then, single handedly played the most important role(on our side-Putin on the other side was MOST responsible) to intentionally use over half a million brave soldiers as his political pawns(both sides-Russians are human beings too)......sending them on death sentences so that he could have his NATO war, using Ukraine to weaken Putin/Russia.

With ZERO consequences to Biden for this diabolical behavior and getting to keep the millions in his families bank accounts.

So don't be fooled by the other side's moral high ground.

However, at least Biden, Harris and most others know the right way to treat people in public, especially people that are adversaries,  where they set examples for other Americans and their children. 

We are Americans.

United we stand, divided we fall???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_we_stand,_divided_we_fall

"United we stand, divided we fall" is a phrase used in many different kinds of mottos, most often to inspire unity and collaboration. Its core concept lies in the collectivist notion that if individual members of a certain group with binding ideals – such as a union, coalition, confederation or alliance – work on their own instead of as a team, they are each doomed to fail and will all be defeated. The phrase is also often referred to with only the words "United we stand".

Historical origin

United States propaganda poster from World War II
The Seal of Kentucky, featuring the motto

The phrase has been attributed to the ancient Greek storyteller Aesop, both directly in his fable "The Four Oxen and the Lion"[1] and indirectly in "The Bundle of Sticks"

By WxFollower - Aug. 10, 2024, 4:29 p.m.
Like Reply

Congrats to 2 winners!! These are great honors.

Not that it matters much, but for clarification, wasn’t mc showing he was quoting someone?

This is just PERFECT!   “WHO AM I VOTING FOR - AND WHY?!!”

——————————————-

Regarding mc’s quote, I agree with the points addressing illegal immigration/freebies to illegals and law/order/loss of respect for cops overall. I also feel the libs have gone too far with trans’ issues, especially trans F competing against cis F and to lesser extent children undergoing procedures. Also, BA issues dicey.

But none of that even comes close to convincing me to vote for the always divisive Trump for reasons joj gave, which I’m largely in agreement with.

Back to mc’s quote:

-Freedom of speech excludes threats. Where is Harris wrong?

-2nd amend: Does that apply to assault weapons? What’s wrong with background checks?  Where is Harris wrong?

-Protecting the same Const that Trump didn’t give a sheet about on 1/6/21?

-How is Harris anti-vet/military?

-How is GOP going to help more with M.E. peace prospects?

-How is GOP going to be better for F of religion when many GOP want U.S. to be declared Christian nation?

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/09/21/most-republicans-support-declaring-the-united-states-a-christian-nation-00057736 

-How is GOP better for right to not be censured when FL GOP folks banned so many books?

I agree with most of joj’s points except:

Regarding COVID, Trump did save lives with Op. Warp Speed.

Trump not “lifelong” criminal. 

Trump a “moron”? I think that’s debatable as he’s quite cunning in some ways. But he says really stupid things at times (ex. bleach for COVID).

Trump dementia? His brain’s aging (babbles a lot) but not yet close to Biden’s level imho.

Trump THE worst? That’s debatable although I feel he’s worst of last 90+ years.

By metmike - Aug. 11, 2024, 11:22 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks much, Larry!

My latest thoughts:

more on the vp pick                                                  

By metmike - Aug. 11, 2024, 10:33 a.m.