Victor Davis Hanson on the state of universitys
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by mcfarm - Aug. 13, 2024, 12:59 p.m.

God what a mess progressives have made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RJzXwwDQO0

Comments
By metmike - Aug. 13, 2024, 1:13 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks, mcfarm!

Victor is the best at expressing this idea!

By joj - Aug. 15, 2024, 9:44 a.m.
Like Reply

I agree with most of his points.  Mark the day when mcfarm and I agree on something.

The statistic (if true), about 2/3 of the perfect SAT scores being rejected from Stanford is staggering.  I'm in favor of modest affirmative action but that is ridiculous.

The cost of college is out of control.  Debt forgiveness adds to the spiraling cost.

My only. counterpoint is the following:

If I were a 20-something looking for a break I wouldn't have much patience for the hypocrisy of the baby boomer generation sanctimoniously wagging their collective finger at me about debt, given that this is the generation largely responsible for 30 trillion in debt and growing.

By metmike - Aug. 15, 2024, 1:40 p.m.
Like Reply

Mark the date:
August 15, 2024……..the day that mcfarm and joj agreed on key points related to universities in our country during this current age.

For sure a thread of the week, which will get recognized when back in the office.

Now……..if we can just  work on the 99 other things both sides strongly disagree on and spread it around, maybe we can end the current COLD civil war in the United States.

OK, maybe we might be lucky to find another agreeable item like this between now and election time.