Unmuted microphones Trump vs Harris DEBATE
34 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Aug. 28, 2024, 12:49 p.m.

How Unmuted Debate Microphones Could Hurt Donald Trump

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-harris-debate-unmuted-mics-abc-september-1945362

++++++++++++++++++++++

There isn't even a question about whether unmuted microphones will hurt Trump badly because of his personality almost 100% of the time in a speaking situation when he's not on a teleprompter.

The debatable factor is the degree to which it will hurt Trump. Bad? Really Bad? Or even devastating?

The undisciplined way that Trump  communicates with is his Kryptonite.

Frequent lack  of focus, constant rambling, personal attacks, lies, bragging at the expense of making solid points.

A muted mic, that limits him to X amount of time:

1. Forces him to focus on the question/topic before he runs out of limited time before they cut him off.

2. Is especially beneficial because it stops him from using his microphone, when its NOT his turn to talk over the debate moderators and his opponent when its her turn. Stops him from being an excessive bully. Stops the worst of Donald Trump which is how he  blatantly disrespects other people. When its his turn, he can say anything that he wants........while she listens.  When its her turn, if he's FORCED TO listen because of being muted, it makes him appear to be more respectful than the real Donald Trump is!!!!!!

Comments
By metmike - Aug. 29, 2024, 8:06 p.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - Sept. 10, 2024, 2:04 p.m.
Like Reply

Any opinions on how the debate will go BEFORE it happens?

Before the last debate,I predicted that Biden would do better than what the Rs were expecting.

This ended up being like a weather forecast for a partly sunny day……….and the worst blizzard in history hit (-:

i can’t do any worse this time but feel even stronger that Harris will not just do better than what the Rs anticipate, that she will win, possibly crush Trump.

Not because Harris Is a great debater or speaker, like Obama was but because Trump, that already had marginal debating skills is becoming more and more delusional, with rambling screeds loaded with absurd, obvious embellishment and frequent, blatant lies….along with offensive, uncalled for personal attacks.

This DEFINES HIM more and more of the time. I continue to insist that this is part of his advancing mental illness.
Instead of being treated for it by professionals to get better, he goes to rallies with many thousands of people that literally cheer for him to be this way and to positively feed his mental illness.

His mental illness causes him to seek this out……which makes it worse and worse and worse.

At his rallies, he uses the exact same fatally flawed BS that I described above to get the biggest cheering.

Ive listened several times and its like he’s on a different planet with thousands Of captured minds in a cult that go bananas when he says some of his most retarded things that they all wish was true…….and embrace as THEIR TRUTH.

It’s like going to a movie theatre to watch a science fiction movie……….but having the entire audience convinced it was a documentary of the real world.

Seriously, that is exactly my impression!

That works great with those people and at Fox News And it’s what drives him Because of his mental illness but on this debate stage, with his majority audience NOT BEING MAGA, communicating This way will destroy him.

im sure that the most anticipated question for many people tonight will be “will you accept the results of this election if you lose?”

by itself, his continuing position and actions after losing in 2020 has cost him many millions of votes….…from his own party.

despite all the other negative  stuff going on, if Trump loses, it’s mainly because of what he did after the last election and insanely uses at every rally to get cheers!

By metmike - Sept. 10, 2024, 3:47 p.m.
Like Reply

After Trump was almost assassinated, he had an opportunity to-learn something. Become more humble. Less divisive.

instead, he did the opposite.

according to him, God saved him because God supports him and doesn’t want him to change.

he’s twisted it into a justification of doubling down on all the bad  things about him. I’m finding it more and more impossible to justify voting for this mentally deranged person for president.

By metmike - Sept. 10, 2024, 11:26 p.m.
Like Reply

Comments on the debate?

I got to watch it with my politics loving best friend and son in law.

On the drive home from his house, I got to hear NPR tell us listeners about how Harris crushed Trump. 

No surprise there on the expected spinning, which is no doubt happening everywhere. 

Trump actually did better than I thought he would based on my previous comments.

Not great but one could tell that he intentionally was following some directions based on advice beforehand.

One was to limit his facial expressions which was in stark contrast to previous debates.

He also completely avoided looking to his left towards Harris during the entire debate. That one was very odd and must have been a tactic that they thought would create an impression. 

Not sure if completely avoiding eye contact or even looking at your opponent even 1 time is the best impression. 

Ironically, it was Harris making all the faces that Trump usually does. I think that she attacked him at least as much as he did her, actually.  He did avoid some of the more personal attacks that I've heard him make.

With regards to what they said.  It was another BBBB debate. A Boatload of Big BS from Both sides.

Regardless, Harris had better BS messaging than Trump's and overall won the debate (in my opinion) as expected but not a crushing blow. Harris, as expected, showed that she's a decent debater, which many on the right claimed was impossible. 

Other thoughts are welcome!

I was very disappointed in the moderators not asking Trump if he would accept the results of the 2024 election if he lost but he had already shot himself in the foot several times on the topic of the 2020 election loss and Insurrection.

Once again, claiming that it was Nancy Pelosi's fault because she stopped the National Guard from being there.

And that he played no role in it, telling his people to be peaceful. And the 100,000 people that came there did so without any influence from him. 

By joj - Sept. 10, 2024, 11:48 p.m.
Like Reply

The mics were not completely muted.  Trump got 5 minutes more time than Harris because he always had to get the last word, and they left his mic on for those barbs.  Not fair, but effective on Trump's part.

Listening to that lying, criminal carnival barking, moron made me ill.  But I'm biased.  (No Mike, I don't hate him)

The important question is what independent persuadable voters think.

By WxFollower - Sept. 10, 2024, 11:59 p.m.
Like Reply

Some brief obs:

- I thought both did better than my expectations

- I noted that Harris went over to Trump to shake hands and that she looked at Trump often whereas he (almost) never looked over at her.

- I think Trump came out weak regarding the 2020 election denial because of the story that recently got out that claimed he admitted he lost. He didn’t claim that was false but instead claimed he was being sarcastic (which was refuted by ABC), a very weak defense.

- I do think ABC though accurate may have overreached in Harris’ favor BUT that’s because the moderators were correcting Trump’s whopper lies like the illegal immigrants eating pets in Ohio (OMG) or wherever that was. Was that fair? What do y’all think? I’m sure the GOP will emphasize ABC moderators going too far from their perspective.

- PredicitIt fwiw says Harris won:

By WxFollower - Sept. 11, 2024, 12:04 a.m.
Like Reply

So far I’ve seen only MSNBC’s commentary afterward. Of course they’re very biased against Trump. One thing that bothered me about them was them talking about Trump coming across as being an almost 80 year old old man and talking negatively about that. Where was that negative talk from them when Biden was the presumed nominee? It was hard to find it.

By metmike - Sept. 11, 2024, 12:05 a.m.
Like Reply

Taylor Swift endorses Kamala Harris

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/kamala-harris-donald-trump-presidential-debate-september-10-2024

In that regard, she has been outspoken in the past in regard to politics

+++++++++++

News like this making the headlines is one of the many things that makes politics in our country so bad.

Like Taylor Swift or any actor/performer is like one of us. They are mainly a bunch of rich, arrogant, self serving hypocrites with a tremendously outweighed, unearned and undeserved  impact on people's opinions.

Taylor Swift claims she can offset the immense carbon footprint of her private jet but the only way for high-flying celebrities and the superrich to reduce their climate impact is to fly less and choose more sustainable forms of transport.

https://carbonmarketwatch.org/2024/02/13/taylor-swift-and-the-top-polluters-department/

Swift retribution

Taylor Swift is receiving a lot of heat for the planet-heating emissions of her private jet.  Not only is Swift topping the charts but also comes first in the list of celebrities with the highest Co2 emissions from flying, according to an initiative tracking celebrities flying privately. Her private jet usage amounted to an estimated 8,300 tonnes of carbon emissions in 2022 – that’s about 1,800 times the average human’s annual emissions, or 576 times that of the average American and about 1,000 times that of the average European.

++++++++++++++

But because she is popular as a singer, it means that we should listen to her views on climate change and on the US presidential election.

By WxFollower - Sept. 11, 2024, 12:13 a.m.
Like Reply

I thought Harris did very well overall. However, I thought she came out weakest with regard to her being vehemently anti-fracking in 2019 and defending her 180 degree change. OTOH, 2023 was a record crude production year for any country, which reduces that worry.

I also thought she still came out weak on the border issue with her being border czar and the border being a disaster under Biden. That’s her weakest issue. But she did recover somewhat by bringing up that Trump told congressional Republicans to block the bipartisan border bill so he’d have that issue to run on.

She did well on turning the tariffs issue against Trump by saying that it would act as a sales tax on Americans. She called it a Trump sales tax or something similar as I recall…very well done, especially in this period of high prices due to inflation.

By metmike - Sept. 11, 2024, 12:45 a.m.
Like Reply

thanks, Larry!

Agree on the Trump tariffs being bad news because they stifle free global trading markets.

Looks like your betting site strongly believes that Harris won the debate!

Harris went up around 4c and Trump down 3c right after the debate.

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/7456/Who-will-win-the-2024-US-presidential-election

By metmike - Sept. 11, 2024, 1:17 a.m.
Like Reply

When Trump went on and on about Viktor Orban praising him, it was his lowest moment for me.

There are several dozen other, probably better countries and  at least 100+  better people for him to use as a "character witness" 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktor_Orb%C3%A1n

Viktor Mihály Orbán[1] (Hungarian: [ˈviktor ˈorbaːn] ; born 31 May 1963) is a Hungarian lawyer and politician who has been Prime Minister of Hungary since 2010, previously holding the office from 1998 to 2002. He has led the Fidesz political party since 1993, with a break between 2000 and 2003.

By metmike - Sept. 11, 2024, 1:32 a.m.
Like Reply

I almost forgot about several other REALLY  crazy things that Trump said, including that they are eating the dogs in Springfield, IL.

And that a big part of the anti abortion crowds position is that its ok to murder the baby after it comes out.

By metmike - Sept. 11, 2024, 5:51 a.m.
Like Reply

Climate change was a disaster for Trump with  the moderators pinning the label of denier on Trump by claiming that he thinks it’s a hoax.

his response was to not even respond about climate. He could have said 100 things, including that china emits almost double our emissions and they continue to increase With CO2 well mixed in the global atmosphere.
or that the planet is greening up and thanks to the best weather and CO2 in human history for most life, we are also seeing record food on the planet for most creatures.

photosynthesis is how that food,is made. CO2 is the key BENEFICIAL GAS used to make that food.  Every increase of 5 ppm of CO2, has increased food by 1%. Now up to +130 ppm or +26% more food just from more atmospheric  fertilizer and a booming biosphere.

Harris lied about it being an existential threatand sounded smart and like she was doing something  to help with their fake inflation reduction act. NO, NO, NO!

However,  almost everything the Ds have done on climate is for political agenda and crony capitalism with the dishonest media activists  and their sensationalizing  and cherry picking, misinterpretations to generate ratings and the sincere but misinformed environmentalists being led down the wrong anti cheap and reliable energy path.

If I was giving a grade on this, they both get an F.

her for continuing to perpetrate a climate crisis hoax with impunity and him for the total inability to challenge her in any way, shape or form.

Did his advisors actually steer him into not challenging the climate crisis??

instead he went into a rant about solar farms in deserts taking up so much space……while saying he’s for solar energy.

This caused Trump to be obliterated on a topic he could have owned her on.

OK, in analyzing the individual topics, Trump did not do better than I thought he would but he did especially, do bad, not because of  an extreme offensive temperament that I suspected would bite him the most but instead  it was his lack of  being able to capitalize on all the elements that he should have when he had advantages and to defend on with a substantive authentic position.when attacked.

By metmike - Sept. 11, 2024, 6:36 a.m.
Like Reply

On Ukraine, the moderators and Harris made Trump look bad for having the best/RIGHT  position for the human beings(brave soldiers with families that miss them dearly.......FOREVER after they get killed for NATO)  sent out on suicide missions for NATO and the BEST position to give people in Ukraine the peace they want so badly.

Trump tried to wrongly  pin it on Harris when it was clearly, all Bidens fault.

Harris claimed that Putin was coming for Europe if we don’t stop him here. This is retarded propaganda with a near 0 chance. Putin just wants to keep NATO OUT OF UKRAINE AND NATO WANTS TO EXPAND INTO UKRAINE AND UKRAINE JUST WANTS PEACE!

moderators repeatedly asked Trump if he wanted Ukraine to win or not To bait him into looking bad.

Ukraine lost the war over a year ago. The moderators, Harris and the rest of the MSM and government are just using lies to make us think Ukraine will still win if we just keep fighting.

supporting Ukraine means getting their army killed off and country destroyed, while LOSING THEIR DEMOCRACY TO A NATO PUPPET  NOW DICTATOR THAT HAS CANCELED ELEDTIONS BECAUSE HE WOULD LOSE IN A LANDSLIDE!

And the upside for Ukraine?

NATO expands into Ukraine if NATO wins the war, using Ukrainians to fight the NATO WAR.

Ukraine has always wanted peace and NATO,HARRIS /BIDEN AND BETRAYER PUPPET are giving them the complete opposite.

Trump should have owned Harris on this topic but was unable to  communicate  his position effectively and let the mods and Harris make him look like a pro Putin cheerleader……while perpetrating all the lies preventing Ukraine from getting the peace their people so badly want.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/106160/

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/106160/#107261

Very sad segment of the debate.

By metmike - Sept. 11, 2024, 7:19 a.m.
Like Reply

On Israel, Harris continued with the false narrative about Israel defending itself the past 11 months,  to appeal to the vast majority of interests in the US controlled by the CORRUPT Millitary-Industrial-Political-Media complex that uses legal bribing to buy and pay for politicians, along with the very powerful Jewish coalitions.

While at the same time, repeating the complete joke narrative used by Biden since last year, that Israel needs to exercise restraint to protect civilians and to end the war in Gaza.............while he ships tens of thousands of huge bombs to Israel for them to completely obliterate the entire country with their despicable genocide by every legit definition.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/106237/#106741

THE REAL PEOPLE CONTROLLING OUR CORRUPT US POLICIES:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/106237/#106929

By joj - Sept. 11, 2024, 8:04 a.m.
Like Reply

Regarding the bias of the moderators.  The context of the deluge of lies by Trump did result in 2 or 3 fact-check comments.  Such as "Immigrants are eating animals".  But they didn't correct him on substantive lies like crime by immigrants is out of control.  Crime is near 50-year lows and undocumented immigrants are less likely than US citizens to commit crimes.

But even when they did ask Harris a tough question like "Why are you putting forward a border plan now after 3 1/2 years?"  Trump missed his opportunity to hammer her.  Why?  Because Harris was ready to distract him.  She gave some weak answer but then baited Trump with the narrative that" people should go to one of his rallies.  You'll see people leaving out of boredom."  He took the bait and instead of hammering her on the border, he went on a rant about crowd sizes and her rallies having nobody there.  It was like the Roadrunner cartoon where the Roadrunner draws a picture of a tunnel on a brick wall and the coyote runs smack into the wall.  I had to chuckle.

By metmike - Sept. 11, 2024, 8:17 a.m.
Like Reply

That's another great point, joj!

Trump's galactically retarded  insistence that crime is down in the country's sending their criminals here, which is causing our crime rates to go up.

He stated several nonsense stats about this that destroyed his credibility.........on an issue that he should have completely owned Harris on.

His position this year that he will somehow remove many millions of illegal immigrants has a slightly  better chance of happening than Harris using the inflation reduction act to fix our fake climate crisis.

But that's like comparing the chance of the earth being hit by a giant asteroid in our lifetime, to the earth being FROZEN  FROM THE sun turning into a dead star by exhausting all of its nuclear fuel in our lifetime   

I also noticed, like you did when she randomly brought up his rallies to bait him and he took the bait like the mouse going after a piece of cheese in a trap or the ants we get rid of with the sweet tasting but toxic  liquid TERRO!

Trump the human vermin being exterminated from his chances to win the presidency again?

I think that’s 95% likely.

By metmike - Sept. 11, 2024, 1:20 p.m.
Like Reply

I've NOT been specifically critiquing Harris as much as Trump in this thread but this is mostly because of Trump's "off the rails" comments on several issues and the fact that, seriously this guy should never be president because he's so delusional. When Harris lies, she does it with the stealth of a good snake oil selling politician and uses false narratives and propaganda of good politicians. Trump draws his evidence from the land of make believe which is so farcical that its often humerous. My son in law had to suffer thru me constantly commenting about both sides bs-ing but also saw me break out into laughter several times too after Trump comments.

My favorite that caused laughter for a minute was "Run Spot Run!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMnImRkFad8

I really think any other R could have crushed Harris. And the moderators were clearly biased. Trump did a horrible job confronting Harris on the several issues he has an advantage on but the moderators could have challenged her and decided not too. 

Like from the very first question. She was asked about the economy the past 3.5 years and she completely ignored the mod question and went into a clearly memorized spiel with promises of what she IS GOING TO DO. At least Trump stated several times "why didn't she do it the last 3.5 years and why isn't she doing it now?

But the biased mods let her completely slide on her complete failure to answer that issue and others.

I watch ABC Nightly news with David Muir very frequently because my favorite local station is ABC(the one that I was chief meteorologist on for 11 years-because they have the best meteorologist in the country, Wayne Hart-who replace me exactly 33 years ago this month). 

The ABC national network news/reporters are crystal clearly biased to the left and very much against Trump............and it seemed obvious to me last night because they pressed Trump on issues that he deserved to be pressed on (confronted him on stupid stuff-like people eating pets in Springfield IL) but they almost always gave Harris a free pass, making it more like a Harris+ABC moderators vs Trump debate. 

Most of this article is pay walled:

Who Won the Trump-Harris Debate?

Members of the Journal’s editorial board weigh in on Tuesday night’s clash between the two 2024 candidates.

https://www.wsj.com/opinion/who-won-the-trump-harris-debate-26c07c33?mod=WTRN_pos1&cx_testId=3&cx_testVariant=cx_160&cx_artPos=0

Kim Strassel

Viewers hoping this debate would be the moment Kamala Harris finally had to answer for a dismal Biden-Harris record were sorely disappointed. Ms. Harris deftly changed the subject on nearly every direct question she was asked, and neither the moderators nor Donald Trump pressed her on the omissions.

The first question of the night was on the top issue of the economy, and the central problem of President Biden’s inflation. Ms. Harris skated away from it to wax on about her “opportunity economy.” Asked to explain why the administration maintained Donald Trump’s tariffs on China (given her criticism of tariffs now), she pivoted to semiconductor manufacturing. Asked if she supported any restrictions on abortion, even in later pregnancy, she said only that she supports Roe v. Wade. Asked about Mr. Biden’s border chaos, she pretended the first three years of it never happened to meditate on a bill that failed to pass this year.

Queried about recent policy reversals, she promised to address several, then tackled only one by dodging her 2019 support for a fracking ban and pivoting to a story about her upbringing and her support for Social Security. Did she bear any responsibility for the horrific Afghanistan withdrawal? Ms. Harris ignored the question and said she agreed with Mr. Biden’

By metmike - Sept. 11, 2024, 3:22 p.m.
Like Reply

joj,

Sorry that I missed your first comment last night. We are on the same page when it comes to Trump's fatal flaws.

They are probably the worst of any politician in our history (somebody like Margie Green gives him a run for the money but only because she molds herself in his image).

Trump  7-26-24            

23 responses |          

Started by metmike - July 26, 2024, 11:34 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/106215/

++++++++++++

Trump has done a couple of orders of magnitude more damage to the R party than any person in history.

He's hurt his own party much more than any D or anything that Harris said last night. 

Trump's mouth is HIS biggest enemy and the biggest enemy of the R party.

So the Rs adoring and elevating him, while discarding all the other legit contenders that could have crushed Harris last night.....is the ENTIRE fault of the R party. This has always been inevitable after Biden dropped out. It also shows us how incredibly BAD that Biden was. Trump actually crushed Biden in the previous debate because Biden is so obviously, cognitively compromised.

Without that first debate, incredibly the Ds would still likely be running Biden and continuing to try to hide his condition..........blaming it on R conspiracy theories and R cherry picking and still insisting that Biden is the sharpest guy in the room.......which included Harris blatantly lying to us about him.                                 

By metmike - Sept. 11, 2024, 3:27 p.m.
Like Reply

This is the entire debate:

WATCH: Full Harris and Trump debate — PBS News simulcast of ABC’s 2024 Presidential Debate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VZ25hBNgJQ

By metmike - Sept. 11, 2024, 7:06 p.m.
Like Reply

As usual, I watched the ABC nightly news tonight.
lots of boasting and patting themselves on the back.

Doing a long recap that was more of a hit piece on Trump that made Harris look good.

Comments from Trump, like about  pets being eaten in Springfield were his own fault of course. Just that comment from Trump, by itself lost him the debate And will live forever in the hall of shame sound bite archives fro presidential debates.

but they showed the worst of Trump and the best of Harris which is exactly what I expected from them.

And they did a story on Taylor Swift endorsing Harris after watching the ABC debate………proud of the fact that their station could play a significant role in helping to get Harris elected.

I don’t think a person like Trump should be president based on facts provided but everybody Here is encouraged to give personal opinions because this is a public forum.

Commentators at Fox in the evening are openly declared commentators for 1 side,  not objective journalists. We know this.

ABC NEWS on the other hand, along with similar sources are supposed to be objective, professional journalists that treat both sides the same….despite their personal bias.

By metmike - Sept. 11, 2024, 8:47 p.m.
Like Reply

I thought the CNN moderators from the previous debate did a terrific job in every way.

Jake Tapper of CNN is a very solid, mostly objective journalist. 

By cutworm - Sept. 11, 2024, 11:20 p.m.
Like Reply

mm 'When Trump went on and on about Viktor Orban praising him, it was his lowest moment for me.'

I know that you don't like the interviewer, but you should listen to what Viktor Orban has to say, before you wright him off.

The Viktor Orban Interview (tuckercarlson.com)

By metmike - Sept. 12, 2024, 9:03 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks, cutworm!

I'm very familiar with this leader and his views about Trump and the world. 

And also the far rights love for him, which contradicts how  almost everybody BUT the far right feel about him.

I feel the warnings about Trump being a threat to democracy are alarmist and not valid (the other side weaponizing the justice system is a BIGGER threat).

However, Trump picking out this strong man, dictator type world leader as his most important character witness in this key debate was exactly the WORST THING that he could have done.

Again, I appreciate the positive aspect, as viewed by the far right but it's NOT ME, IT'S the people watching the debate that matter.

Trump, pulling out his far right attracting character witness in a national debate to sway non far right voters that will determine the outcome of this election was the complete OPPOSITE tactic he should be using. 

It's a 100% losing strategy. In fact, I would have thought it to be very smart for Harris to use it against Trump. Instead, Trump used it against Trump, once again proving that Donald Trump is his own worst enemy!

I get that you like this leader and are not seeing it this way but NON Trump supporters, including those that MIGHT vote for him see it the other way.

Trump's complete inability to see this and instead be focused on using tactics that inflate his ego vs demonstrate his superior agenda for Americans means that he can't even represent himself in a way that helps himself in a venue like this.........where it counts.

If he couldn't do it on Tuesday, with many weeks to prepare and with the stakes at the highest level ever, (in fact he failed miserably at it), then he can NEVER DO IT.  And the REAL Trump on Tuesday was actually extremely suppressed compared to the REAL Trump that we see at his rallies.

Harris was right when she brought this up about his insane rallies.

Listening to what Trump says at his rallies is a thing to behold. He is a deranged lunatic, saying incredulous, impossible things and lies to get roaring cheers. Making hateful personal attacks to get cheers.

The average person gets the shist scared out of them to think of a person like this leading the United States to represent ALL citizens.

His rallies are pure, far right MAGA stuff that demeans anybody who disagrees but inflates his ego, saying things his far right crowds adore him for saying because its what they want to hear and wish was true. If you're not far right, they are extremely offensive.

Trump cannot win this election with just far right votes.

Using a far right world leader as his main character witness means that he is completely unable to comprehend that!

I would be shocked  if his advisors told him to use this guy and if they did...........he's got fatally flawed thinking advisors. 

By metmike - Sept. 12, 2024, 3:39 p.m.
Like Reply

MAGA Pastor Claims Kamala Harris Deployed 'Witchcraft' in Trump Debate

https://www.newsweek.com/maga-pastor-claims-kamala-harris-deployed-witchcraft-trump-debate-1952902

++++++++++

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witchcraft

Witchcraft, as most commonly understood in both historical and present-day communities, is the use of alleged supernatural powers of magic. A witch is a practitioner of witchcraft. Traditionally, "witchcraft" means the use of magic or supernatural powers to inflict harm or misfortune on others, and this remains the most common and widespread meaning.[1] According to Encyclopedia Britannica, "Witchcraft thus defined exists more in the imagination of contemporaries than in any objective reality. Yet this stereotype has a long history and has constituted for many cultures a viable explanation of evil in the world".[2] The belief in witchcraft has been found in a great number of societies worldwide.

++++++++++++++

Do you believe in spells or witchcraft?  

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1272243/belief-in-spells-or-witchcraft-in-the-united-states/         

About two in ten Americans believe in spells or witchcraft. According to a survey conducted in 2021, 21 percent of respondents from than United States said that they believed in spells or witchcraft. Women are more likely to believe in spells or witchcraft.

++++++++++++++++++++++

I actually know several people that believe strongly in this, so people that don't believe in it might be UNDER appreciating the tens of millions that  really do.        

More manufacturing of realities by people that explain, for them why things happened in a way that supports delusional believe systems that they WANT TO BELIEVE IN instead of acknowledging the stone cold truth.........Donald Trump lost the debate, fair and square with many dozens of opportunities to make his cases that he squandered most of the time against an OK but NOT great debater.

Instead, counter-productively using it to say things like: immigrants are eating our pets and other countries are intentionally unloading their criminals into the US.

By metmike - Sept. 12, 2024, 4:30 p.m.
Like Reply

Trump says he won’t do another debate with Harris

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4876997-trump-rejects-debate-harris/

A CNN rapid poll found 63 percent of debate watchers said Harris won Tuesday’s debate, compared to 37 percent who said Trump won. Multiple polls released Thursday showed Harris widening her lead over Trump nationally.

++++++++++++++

Most in CNN flash poll say Harris outperformed Trump in debate

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4873686-most-say-kamala-harris-outperformed-donald-trump-debate-cnn-poll/

CNN’s flash poll, conducted by SSRS, found that 63 percent of registered voters said the vice president performed better on the debate stage. About 37 percent said the same about Trump.  

Roughly 96 percent of Harris supporters said their candidate came out on top postdebate, a larger c

contingent than the 69 percent of Trump backers who said the GOP nominee was the winner, according to the survey.

+++++++++++++

Harris widens lead over Trump in postdebate poll

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4876880-harris-widens-lead-over-trump-in-post-debate-poll/

Vice President Harrishas widened her lead over former President Trumpin a survey conducted after they clashed at their Tuesday debate.

The Morning Consult poll found Harris leading by 5 points after the high-stakes ABC debate, ticking up from the 3- and 4-point leads she held in the same survey before the event in Philadelphia.

If the election were held today, 50 percent of respondents said they would cast their ballot for Harris, up from 49 percent who were polled before the debate.

Trump, on the other hand, lost support. Ahead of the debate, 46 percent of respondents said they would cast their ballot for the former president if the election were held today. After Tuesday’s debate, that decreased to 45 percent.

A majority of Harris’s support comes from Democrats, but she leads Trump among independent voters with 46 percent support to his 40 percent, the survey found.

By metmike - Sept. 12, 2024, 4:56 p.m.
Like Reply

Here's the last 90 days.

1. We can see what happened to Biden after the  June 27th  debate debacle. MUCH Higher volume betting after that.

2.  Note the Harris surge after she was anointed by the Ds, following the Biden resignation on July 21st.  EXTREMELY high volume betting immediately following that until the betting numbers reflected what the market felt was more reasonable.

3. The Harris enthusiasm peaked during the DNC convention in mid-August with a slight, very temporary bump up in betting volume......which had gradually been decreasing since the monster spike higher in late July.

4. Trump was slowly eroding Harris's higher numbers since the DNC convention. Almost pulling even before this last debate. 

5. Debate #2, September 10, 2024.  Harris gets a big lift of at least several cents, Trump drops by around the same amount. Another modest jump higher in betting volume but nothing close to the June/July spikes up. 

6. We should note that the election is coming up in less than 2 months. Things happening NOW count MUCH more than things that happened months ago. Based on everything, I would guess there's a 95% chance for Harris to win!

7. What can Trump do to change this outcome? It's likely too late. He squandered every opportunity, including the assassination attempt that he twisted and used to suggest God saved him to justify all the galactically offensive personality flaws turning off the non MAGA people. Donald Trumps mouth is his own worst enemy. Donald Trump's mouth was more responsible for his debate loss than other factors (biased moderators) that favored Harris. 

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/7456/Who-will-win-the-2024-US-presidential-election

https://days.to/until/election-day-in-us

By metmike - Sept. 12, 2024, 7:19 p.m.
Like Reply

Let's make an adjustment to the last comment.

If NATO/Biden and Ukrainian traitor Zelensky provoke Russia into a nuclear war, then all bets are off. Ukraine clearly lost this war a long time ago by almost every objective standard but NATO won't give up on expanding into Ukraine.

The moderators at the debate successfully made Trump look bad on this issue BECAUSE HE IS THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS IT EXACTLY RIGHT!

How absurd to keep asking Trump if he wants Ukraine to win the war to make him look bad and push the never ending war propaganda onto the debate stage. ......when the truth is that Ukraine lost the war a long time ago.

In 31 months of this never ending war, name 1 really smart thing that Zelensky has done for his troops and people? Not the 300 smart things the MSM claimed that he did but HERE, AFTER THE FACT,  on September 12, 2024 when we know the consequences of those actions/words........name 1 really smart thing?

I can probably name a really dumb, counterproductive move by  Zelensky for almost every single month of the war. Going back for several months BEFORE the war, when Putin told NATO that he wasn't letting NATO expand into Ukraine and Biden/NATO told Zelensky to CUT OFF negotiations with Russia(break his promise to negotiate peace with Russia to get elected in 2019) and THEY would help Zelensky to DEFEAT RUSSIA. 

Ukraine anxious after Biden’s exit            

By metmike - Sept. 8, 2024, 6:19 p.m.     

++++++++++++++

Pretending that this career, professional actor with tremendous charisma but 0 political training and ZERO military leader experience or training is SUDDENLY OUT OF NOWHERE, now a great military strategist/leader.

One that makes blunder after blunder after blunder and gets over half of his army killed off, disabled or deserted and loses badly with his country having 1 trillion in damages........but is somehow, still a great military leader.

He's a NATO puppet that betrayed his people and promises and continues to regurgitate nothing but ideas that keep making it worse and worse and worse for Ukrainians.

There are several options available on where we go from here:

1. FINALLY negotiate for peace, which means NATO giving up on expanding into Ukraine. NOTHING LESS THAN THAT will bring peace.

2. Keep fighting and adding to the catastrophic losses and pretending with the complete bs that Ukraine can win, to the very last drop of brave Ukrainian soldiers blood(with over half of their army already dead, permanently disabled or deserted). THEY LOST AND THEY LOST BADLY!

3. Start a new war that features NATO ramping up their weapons attacks and NATO trained/led soldiers INSIDE OF RUSSIA.  Recently, the proxy war has featured more and more and more NATO and less of the killed off Ukrainians. Almost all the weapons have been NATO weapons and they have been just using Ukrainians to fight the NATO war against Russia.

Since Zelensky/NATO/BIden got most of the Ukraine army killed off.........They either opt for peace. Get the rest of the Ukraine army killed off or ramp up NATO's support to keep the war going even longer and start WW3 in hopes that this will finally destroy Putin.

This shows how deranged our military-industrial-political-media complex is.

EVEN MORE DERANGED THAN DONALD TRUMP!

++++++++++

Harris even repeated the complete horse manure scare narrative: "If we don't stop Putin here, he's coming for Europe next" when it was her turn to lie about the Ukraine war, after Trump told the more truthful version.

Anyways, our only hope to end this war quickly was a Trump presidency AND PUTIN KNOWS IT.  His decisions the next 2 months could hinge on whether to wait for Trump, so that there can peace(and no NATO in Ukraine) or to see that Harris is headed for victory and assume NATO WILL NEVER GIVE UP ON UKRAINE and act accordingly.

Make no mistake, PUTIN WANTS PEACE BADLY but only if NATO gives up on expanding into Ukraine.  That's what its always been about for him.

And Ukrainians WANT PEACE WITH RUSSIA. NATO won’t give it to them because  NATO  WANTS TO EXPAND INTO UKRAINE, EVEN IF THEY HAVE TO GET UKRAINE DECIMATED.

One might say the same thing about Putin but his objective is to stop NATO FROM ADVANCING EVEN MORE NO MATTER WHAT.

Russia has been embarrassing NATO on the battlefield and with many bad NATO war strategies(you can't know this because the media only tells us about mostly FAKE manufactured Ukraine advantages. They tell us about Russian losses, most of which are real. Russia could try something between now and November that shakes people up enough to realize the DEEP DOO DOO that Biden/Harris got us into with THEIR war on Russia.

Enough for us to finally appreciate that this is Russia and all of a sudden, we could be facing catastrophic losses...........and the only guy that will get us out of it is Donald Trump.

This is a long shot but it's conceivable.

This one issue by itself has the power to determine my vote. 

By cutworm - Sept. 12, 2024, 8:26 p.m.
Like Reply

It's pretty clear choice here if you want the status quo here which is more war then vote for Harris. If you want a chance at ending wars then the choice has to be Trump, who said it would be the first thing he gets done.

By joj - Sept. 13, 2024, 7:25 a.m.
Like Reply

Might be true Cutworm.  Or, Trump might be the modern-day Chamberlain offering Ukraine to Putin as a snack before he goes into Poland.

"The greatest tragedy of the 20th century was the breakup of the Soviet Union."  - Putin

I heard there are hundreds of thousands of Polish Americans in PA.  Anecdotally, I know a young Polish couple in my neighborhood who don't think Putin will invade Poland next.  They KNOW he will.

Ok, Mike, you can now proceed with a rant about how horrible NATO is.

By metmike - Sept. 13, 2024, 11:46 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks joj!  You know me well!

Maybe its my decades of being a chess coach or more likely the mind of somebody that becomes a chess coach that causes me to see things which seem blatantly obvious that completely contradict nonsense false narratives that we get with propaganda.

It's NATO that would want Putin to invade a NATO country like Poland to obliterate him. 

He would NEVER EVER, NEVER EVER invade Europe and NATO countries...... UNLESS NATO attacked Russia inside of Russia, which is apparently what they are doing to PROVOKE him. 

Putin's entire deal is to prevent NATO from advancing into Ukraine to avoid a war with NATO that he knows he can't win. NATO is not obligated to send any troops in with this particular war with Ukraine(and not obligated to send all the other weapons and leadership support that its doing anyway here to beat Russia).

Putin has already won the war in Ukraine that clear thinking, objective people knew he would win from the get go. You can go back and read hundreds of my posts, going back to 2022 to see how obvious that was and still is.

But only because Ukraine is not part of NATO.

Putin's biggest, impossible for Ukraine to overcome advantage is with the MUCH bigger army. We can see, especially how in the last year, after Zelensky got most of his army killed off/disabled/desertion that Putin is totally dominating now. I stated that this would happen 2 years ago. It was inevitable. Putin knew this but the NATO propaganda misled everybody else to think that Ukraine was going to win.............all we needed to do was send enough weapons.  

Here we are in September 2024, after sending hundreds of billions in weapons, all it did was slow Putin down and cause tremendous losses to his military which was greatly weakened. THIS IS WHAT NATO WANTED!

Screw the brave (now dead) soldiers of Ukraine and their families, THEY WEAKENED RUSSIA which was a huge objective, as well as to ideally get NATO into Ukraine.

Now, they want us to think that a greatly weakened Russia is going to invade Europe?

Let me obliterate that retarded propaganda.

1. They continually try to convince us that Ukraine is going to win against Russia if we just fight long enough.

2. If Ukraine, without NATO troops can win a war with Russia, how in tarnation would Putin ever stand 1 iota of a chance fighting European countries, united and armed with dozens of NATO countries combined fighting power, including their troops??? 

To Putin, ALL those NATO countries are lost forever once they become NATO countries. He's fighting to prevent Ukraine from being one of them.

The one and only exception to that is if NATO attacks Russia inside Russia.......which seems to be NATO's plan in order to  escalate right now. The 180 degree complete opposite of wanting to negotiate for peace.

With this NEW WAR of NATO vs Russia, attacking inside Russia, Putin is no longer just trying to prevent NATO from getting Ukraine anymore. He's  now defending Russia from a direct NATO attack inside Russia!!!

This couldn't be more crystal clear to me!

North Atlantic Treaty Organization

Overview   

https://nato.usmission.gov/about-nato/

Formed in 1949 with the signing of the Washington Treaty, NATO is a security alliance of 30 countries from North America and Europe. NATO’s fundamental goal is to safeguard the Allies’ freedom and security by political and military means. NATO remains the principal security instrument of the transatlantic community and expression of its common democratic values. It is the practical means through which the security of North America and Europe are permanently tied together. NATO enlargement has furthered the U.S. goal of a Europe whole, free, and at peace.

Article 5 of the Washington Treaty — that an attack against one Ally is an attack against all — is at the core of the Alliance, a promise of collective defense.

+++++++++++

SO the question is, how will Russia respond to NATO attacking Russia inside Russia?

Collective defense pact my ars!

By metmike - Sept. 13, 2024, 12:35 p.m.
Like Reply

More here:

Re: Re: Re: Ukraine anxious after Biden’s exit                     

By metmike - Sept. 13, 2024, 12:28 p.m.    
++++++++++++

I keep going back and forth on who (NOT) to vote for this November.

After listening to Trump, I will VERY OFTEN think "no way I can vote for this guy!"

Then Harris will say things and I realize "OMG, NO WAY that I can vote for her!!"      

By 12345 - Sept. 13, 2024, 6:13 p.m.
Like Reply

LOL, MIKE.  

JUST FORGET ABOUT THEIR PERSONALITIES & VOTE ON THEIR RECORDS.  

YA WANT A "FISH OUT OF WATER" THAT WILL PROMISE YOU ANYTHING TO GET SAVED...OR... SOMEONE THAT HAS PROVEN THEMSELVES TO BRING PROSPERITY, PREVIOUSLY?

EEEEEZZZZY PEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZY  

By metmike - Sept. 14, 2024, 5:08 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks much, Jean!

With fact-checks like these, how does truth stand a chance?

by Jonathan Turley, Opinion Contributor - 09/14/24 10:30 AM ET

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/4879842-false-claims-harris-trump-debate/

Crime is down under the Biden-Harris administration.

One of the most notable slap downs by ABC followed Trump commenting that crime rates have drastically risen during the Biden-Harris administration. Muir immediately balked and declared: “As you know, the FBI says overall violent crime is coming down in this country.”

Harris and her allies have been repeating the claim by ABC. But the actual statistics show that Trump was right. The Justice Department’s released survey found that, under the Biden administration, there has been a significant increase in crime. Violent crime was up 37 percent from 2020 to 2023, rape is up 42 percent, robbery is up 63 percent and stranger violence is up 61 percent. Other reports had shown startling increases such as a doubling of carjackings in D.C. in 2023.

++++++++++++++

You can pick your source to get what statistics you want on crime. The FBI is a crappy source for some information just because you never know whether they are doing objective science or using political agenda/bias to come up with their results.

I thought this was a good non FBI, GLOBAL study:

Crime Statistics 2024 – By Location, Country, Demographics, Frequency and Types

https://www.enterpriseappstoday.com/stats/crime-statistics.html

+++++++++++++++++

Trump’s own version of reality continues to confound political actors and observers

https://www.npr.org/2024/09/13/nx-s1-5111649/trump-fact-check-reality