JD Vance defends Trump
17 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Aug. 29, 2024, 12:51 a.m.

JD Vance defends Trump after cemetery incident, says Harris 'can go to hell'

https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/28/politics/video/vance-harris-cemetery-incident-trump-ebof-digvid

JD Vance tells Kamala Harris to ‘go to hell’ after her campaign takes aim at Trump over Arlington incident

https://nypost.com/2024/08/28/us-news/jd-vance-tells-kamala-harris-to-go-to-hell-after-her-campaign-takes-aim-at-trump-over-arlington-incident/

+++++++++++++

I can't blame him for being ticked off at people twisting Donald Trump's honoring our brave, deceased soldiers ...............into a headline story about him disrespecting the military again.........like this below:

Veterans Condemn Trump’s Arlington National Cemetery Campaign Stunt

The former president’s campaign staff was accused of verbally and physically abusing staff at the cemetery

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/veterans-trump-arlington-national-cemetery-campaign-stunt-1235090368/

++++++++++++++++++

Talk about hypocrisy by the media/Ds?

They're bashing Trump for using Arlington National Cemetery as a publicity opportunity but THEY never reported on the significance of the event for the families of the soldiers that died.

Instead, THEY found it to be much more newsworthy to find Ds that are veterans that will trash Trump and it is THEY who dishonor the dead soldiers by using an event that Trump attended in their honor, while Trumps adversaries attack Trump there..........ignoring the actual reason for the event,  to honor the soldiers who's lives were lost in Afghanistan!!!! 

They used dead soldiers and the event TO ATTACK TRUMP instead of doing a tribute to the soldiers.

Comments
By mcfarm - Aug. 29, 2024, 6:53 a.m.
Like Reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jPk_5LRKFw  Had many questions about JD Vance when he was chosen. That guy has been impressive. This is an example of how he handles rude, juvenile, pup reporters from CNN with class, common sense, not falling to the CNN level by an inch. So far Vance has been strong. But compared to 2 of the most radical, lunitics ever to run for high office Barney Fife would look like RR.

By metmike - Aug. 29, 2024, 1:01 p.m.
Like Reply

I think that Vance earned the right to respond this way with his time as a Marine.

It’s despicable to me for the MSM to use Ds that are for Harris that condemn everything about Trump…..that also happen to be veterans ….in order to frame this event as a violation and disrespecting veterans.
Regardless of Trump using it politically, he was, at the same time elevating the value of soldiers that died in service for our country.

its hard to bash that agenda!!

By metmike - Aug. 29, 2024, 7:52 p.m.
Like Reply

ABC Nightly News spent their first 8 minutes on this tonight, their lead story.

We can now find 100+ articles about this from our so called journalists with most of the discussion (if not all of it) centered on using the event politically. 

Most to trash Trump for using it politically........which he absolutely did.

But then they've ramped it up to another level of pathetic political garbage that dishonors these soldiers and their families.

This is what we should all be focusing on!

Congressional medal to honor SoCal service members who died in 2021 Kabul attack

https://abc7.com/post/socal-service-members-died-2021-kabul-attack-receive-congressional-gold-medal/15233269/

13 Souls Memorial Run in Simi Valley honors servicemembers killed in 2021 Kabul airport attack

https://abc7.com/post/13-souls-memorial-run-simi-valley-honors-servicemembers-killed-2021-kabul-airport-attack/15230741/

3 SoCal Marines remembered by family, friends 1 year after Kabul bombing

https://abc7.com/kareem-nikoui-marines-remembrance-kabul-bombing/12172063/

+++++++++++++++++

Description of the history/events going back 2+ decades. Pulling out quickly was an incredibly tiny piece of long lived, huge puzzle that featured another horrible foreign policy disaster for the US and NATO.

2020–2021 U.S. troop withdrawal from Afghanistan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020%E2%80%932021_U.S._troop_withdrawal_from_Afghanistan

By metmike - Aug. 29, 2024, 8:02 p.m.
Like Reply

Human and Budgetary Costs to Date of the U.S. War in Afghanistan, 2001-2022

+++++++++++++++++

Those 13 deaths were extremely tragic and a horrible way to end the war but look at the stats for the previous 20 years above!

My objective is NOT to minimize their deaths but instead to look at the big picture.

By metmike - Aug. 30, 2024, 7:51 a.m.
Like Reply

Arlington incident shows media falling into same old Trump derangement syndrome

Opinion by Post Editorial Board

https://nypost.com/2024/08/29/opinion/arlington-incident-shows-media-falling-into-same-old-trump-derangement-syndrome/

+++++++++++

There are plenty of things for the media to go after Trump for but they also pick really dumb stuff too that shows they lack authentic discernment and are guided by TDS.

And the justice department being weaponized to target Trump with numerous manufactured crimes......when he committed a real bad one after the 2020 election.

By metmike - Aug. 31, 2024, 4:55 p.m.
Like Reply

Why I Left the Service: Military Intel Officer Josephine Guilbeau on Ukraine, Gaza, and US Decline

Josephine Guilbeau discusses her decision to leave the military, exaposing the misguided U.S. strategies in Ukraine and Gaza and the broader implications for global stability.

https://www.mintpressnews.com/why-i-left-the-service-military-intel-officer-josephine-guilbeau/288141/

At this point, we have a clear understanding of the fundamental mechanism behind U.S. foreign policy: the use of hard power, including the threat or actual deployment of military intervention and economic sanctions, to contain and isolate perceived rival powers such as Russia, China, and, to a lesser extent, Iran and the Axis of Resistance. For those familiar with the disinformation operations of Western legacy media and intelligence agencies, it is increasingly evident that U.S. hard power is experiencing unprecedented decline.

The sheer inertia behind the United States Empire will ensure a measure of global dominance for the foreseeable future, but we have passed the event horizon, and its decline is inevitable. From a military perspective, this decline was accelerated by the ironically named “Global War on Terror,” during which the United States engaged in two high-visibility “contingency operations” in Iraq and Afghanistan, along with multiple low-visibility covert actions in Libya, Somalia, Syria, and Yemen—all under pretenses that were, at best, highly questionable and, at worst, outright criminal.

Everyone except the military-industrial complex lost in the “War on Terror.” Top defense firms spent $1 billion on lobbying during the Afghan War and saw a $2 trillion return. The war shifted America’s war-fighting industrial base from one focused on high-intensity conflicts—requiring the rapid mass production of equipment, vehicles, and munitions—to one centered on specialized research and development contracts for weapons that will likely remain theoretical deterrents. After all, the real money lies in the latter focus.

The “War on Terror” is also widely credited as a significant factor behind the ongoing and worsening recruiting crisis in the U.S. military. According to the Modern War Institute at West Point, the “ghost of the GWOT” continues to haunt the U.S. military, serving as a cautionary tale of misguided and violent foreign policy.

“These are the long-term consequences of the choice to send our forces overseas absent clear, articulate, and realistic objectives against which to align resources and hard power, to a war that was unwinnable but spent lives in the endeavor anyway,” the institute stated.

The United States continues to repeat its failed foreign policy, doubling down on hawkish and bellicose stances in the proxy war in Ukraine, the genocide in Gaza, and the militarization against China. This systemic cascade failure will only further isolate younger generations from military service and alienate existing, experienced service members. Despite its aggressive foreign policy, the United States is unprepared—both in terms of industry and manpower—to fight a peer-to-peer war.

++++++++++++

metmike: Exactly!

By mcfarm - Sept. 1, 2024, 7:16 a.m.
Like Reply

yes another great reason to vote Trump. Just think of the messes we would have avoided had Americans thought about that last election as they pulled the hammer with emotions and not common sense.

By metmike - Sept. 4, 2024, 8:12 a.m.
Like Reply

Unbelievably, Harris and the MSM continue to use this issue for political exploitation of the event…….over and over and over, while accusing Trump of  doing what THEY are doing!!

PLEASE!

Either recognize the brave soldiers that lost their lives serving their country or shut the heck up about this over sensationalized incident.

By mcfarm - Sept. 4, 2024, 12:27 p.m.
Like Reply

ohhhh there is quite another option the Biden/ Harris all media team the you keep conveniently omitting because of your hate trump more than you love the country attitude MM.

How about Biden and Harris could of honored those soldiers and families by doing the impossible ,,,,,,accepting the invitation so graciously offered by those families just as Trump graciously and gladly did. He does indeed care about our military and honors his goal of keeping out of harms way when ever possible. Now tell me about how Biden and Harris care again.

By metmike - Sept. 4, 2024, 12:35 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks, mcfarm,

Your assumption is that Trump was not also using this for his political agenda, that also honored our fallen soldiers.

He hand picked this event because of Biden's failures, so that he could use it against Biden. .....POLITICALLY and exactly as you use it here, like with this last post. 

This has turned it into a D vs R skirmish once again..........AT THE EXPENSE OF THE BRAVE SOLDIERS THAT DIED, WHILE PITTING THE DS IN THE MILITARY(Trump haters) AGAINST THE RS IN THE MILITARY(Trump supporters).

The media is exploiting this event for their self serving agenda. Fox, more than anyone the past 3 years about the event that caused these tragic deaths to our brave soldiers giving their lives, serving their country. 

By mcfarm - Sept. 4, 2024, 6:03 p.m.
Like Reply

not assuming anything MM. He was invited he went. Need I remind you just where our administration was. Biden was on the damn beach again. And Harris was in her DC mansion just 10 fricking minutes down the road from the ceremony. Again why were they not there. How can you possibly criticize a former President for accepting an invitation or support a setting President refusing the same invitation. You can assume all the reasons in your own head including you know exactly why Trump went. Well guess what, Trump is the only one who really knows and I hope in his heart he did it for the right reason.

By metmike - Sept. 5, 2024, 8:09 a.m.
Like Reply

"Well guess what, Trump is the only one who really knows and I hope in his heart he did it for the right reason."

Right, mcfarm.

We know that Trump is a very unselfish guy that only thinks of others and puts them and his country before his own personal agenda...............and I just saw a pig fly by my window. It had a red MAGA hat on    

He is the only one that really knows?

Sometimes we can get some very solid clues about why people do and say things they do. 

Like a pattern of behavior that goes back for many years. Or the manner in which they communicate to other people almost all the time.

By mcfarm - Sept. 5, 2024, 10 a.m.
Like Reply

So Trump has never does one tiny thing to help others? Do not be such hater to say such an awful and untrue thing about another human. I can in one second prove that to be false. What other President or any other elected pol, served in elected office and turned down the salary and then had it donated......I will wait for you to retract. This one act served possibly thousands of Americans.

By the way your research and answer on the oil reserve deserved kudos. Lots of work done and one of the most compelling and complete responses ever

By metmike - Sept. 5, 2024, 1:19 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks very much, mcfarm!

You are mischaracterizing me to create a "strawman" argument which means you are assigning a belief that I don't have to me so that you can attack it.

I never said "So Trump has never does one tiny thing to help others?"

I would never say or type that because it's completely false. My support for Trump actually comes from a strong belief that his policies and agenda are MUCH BETTER for Americans than Biden/HARRIS, which is the opposite of the extreme position you falsely portray me as having.

But that's not what we're talking about here.

The topic is about why Trump went to this event, what transpired and how everybody is reacting to it. 

+++++++++++

On your comment about this thread:

Biden is a good commodity trader.            

8 responses |               

Started by joj - Sept. 4, 2024, 5:32 p.m.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/107174/

+++++++++++++

thanks very much. While spending a great deal of time posting on that using all the records, I questioned my sanity for justifying spending so much time on it.

But then, as an energy trader that actually knows the truth(better than the average person in this case) and being devoted to speaking out against DISinformation, propaganda and injustice FROM BOTH SIDES (my main reason to be here) I can't help but do it.

People in today's world go mostly to places that align with their biased  politics and tell them what they want to be true........echo chambers.

With this being an ANTI echo chamber, I'm constantly ticking off both sides half the time by fact checking the lies they believe in. 

That is the ANTI recipe for attracting and keeping people coming to this site. So good for everybody that still comes to get messages they sometimes love, while almost as often get messages they hate and/or reject. 

By mcfarm - Sept. 5, 2024, 2:03 p.m.
Like Reply

"We know that Trump is a very unselfish guy that only thinks of others and puts them and his country before his own personal agenda...............and I just saw a pig fly by my window"   MM

I would have to say your sentence quoted above is so very similar to what I said. Pigs do not fly which means Trump never does anything for someone else which is so very untrue     jmho

By metmike - Sept. 5, 2024, 6:24 p.m.
Like Reply

"We know that Trump is a very unselfish guy that only thinks of others and puts them and his country before his own personal agenda...............and I just saw a pig fly by my window"   MM

1. Let me help you out here, mcfarm and call you out on being argumentative for the sake of arguing. Note the operative word, only thinks of others to make the comparison to pigs flying. 

You continue to mischaracterize this as me stating that he NEVER thinks of others to create a position I clarified clearly is NOT my position. 

ONLY means ALL THE TIME.  Trump does not think of others ALL THE TIME.

But that should not even matter after my last response to you. When I made it crystal, CRYSTAL clear what I meant and how I feel.

2. Do you know why EVERYBODY should know what I really meant after that last post of mine? Because anybody that understands English and had an open mindset with basic comprehension could not misinterpret the exact message. 

But instead, you ignored that and continued the strawman argument, attacking a position I don't have to sustain an argument. 

Re: Re:  JD Vance defends Trump            

By metmike - Sept. 5, 2024, 1:19 p.m.            

Thanks very much, mcfarm!

You are mischaracterizing me to create a "strawman" argument which means you are assigning a belief that I don't have to me so that you can attack it.

I never said "So Trump has never does one tiny thing to help others?"

I would never say or type that because it's completely false. My support for Trump actually comes from a strong belief that his policies and agenda are MUCH BETTER for Americans than Biden/HARRIS, which is the opposite of the extreme position you falsely portray me as having.

But that's not what we're talking about here.

The topic is about why Trump went to this event, what transpired and how everybody is reacting to it.

+++++++++++++++++

I'm singling this out with EVEN MORE EXTREME clarity for a reason.

To show  why people have problems communicating. They don't listen to what the other person is stating.........even after the other person does everything possible to get them to listen!

People typically will ignore other people in an argument and only look for reasons to defend what THEY THINK THEY KNOW.

But that's NOT what was happening here.

When I actually AGREED WITH YOU on supporting Trump for having an agenda to help Americans, you couldn't comprehend that because you had decided that this was an argument between us...........instead of seeing the other person agreeing with you. 

By metmike - Sept. 5, 2024, 8:56 p.m.
Like Reply

We already have a Cold Civil War going on politically in this country because of the huge divide on things people DISAGREE on.

At the very least, we should be recognizing times when we sometimes AGREE with each other.

Even joj and mcfarm sometimes agree with each other!!

Posts/thread of the week mcfarm/joj shared-2nd straight week.            

Started by metmike - Aug. 15, 2024, 3:46 p.m. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/106658/