Another gun incident near Trump!
13 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Sept. 15, 2024, 3:15 p.m.

Trump campaign says former president is safe following possible gunshots in his vicinity

The former president was on the golf course and was immediately rushed to safety on Sunday, his campaign said in a statement. It is still unconfirmed if shots were fired.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-campaign-says-former-president-safe-possible-gunshots-vicinity-rcna171206

Comments
By metmike - Sept. 15, 2024, 6:18 p.m.
Like Reply

FBI says it’s investigating ‘what appears to be an attempted assassination’ of Trump in Florida  

https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/15/politics/donald-trump-safe-shots/index.html

By WxFollower - Sept. 15, 2024, 6:27 p.m.
Like Reply

Regarding attempted assassination attempts of current or former Presidents, Gerald Ford actually also had two but much closer together (only 17 days vs 2 months). And that was it even though it was a scary situation for Ford and our country just after these two attempts so close together. Hopefully, that will be it for attempts on Trump, too:

https://www.cbsnews.com/detroit/news/gerald-ford-faced-2-assassination-attempts-17-days-apart/

By WxFollower - Sept. 15, 2024, 7:09 p.m.
Like Reply

The shooter has been identified as Ryan Wesley Routh.

There was some speculation on CNN just now that Trump’s implied opposition to continuing support for Ukraine (based partially on his not saying he’d support Ukraine at the debate) if he were to win could have been a motive. They said on CNN that the shooter claimed he fought in Ukraine and recruited others to go there to fight. The shooter apparently had his hair dyed with Ukraine colors:

https://twitter.com/KlonnyPin_Gosch/status/1835446432205025528?

By WxFollower - Sept. 15, 2024, 7:30 p.m.
Like Reply

The shooter was a supporter of Haley and Vivek, not a Dem, per this:

https://twitter.com/ArmandDoma/status/1835439111924334744?

By metmike - Sept. 15, 2024, 8:42 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks very much, Larry!

From 11 months ago:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Extremely tumultous year+ coming up           

By metmike - Oct. 30, 2023, 7:17 p.m.            

1. Israel/Palestine/Gaza                               

2. Ukraine war

3. Potential Government shut downs

4. House speaker

5. Biden Impeachment/Cognitive Decline

6. Trump Indictments

7. UAW strike

8. Southern Border Crisis

9. Fake Climate Crisis actions destroying our energy delivery system, environments and future economy

10. Battle with inflation and damage done by high interest rates

Not in order of significance.

+++++++++++++++++

4. New speaker elected:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/99397/#99986

7. UAW strike over:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/99093/#100155

2 down, 8 to go!

That's assuming there are no new items to add to the list )-:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

9-15-24 update: We resolved several on the list above.

#s, 1, 2 8, 9 and possibly 10 remain(with a recession coming?).

Are there any new ones to add??? What do you think??

#1 and #2 were REALLY bad but are now MUCH worse!

By metmike - Sept. 15, 2024, 10:03 p.m.
Like Reply

It actually makes more sense for Rs to be outraged at Trump for wrecking their party.

Let's be clear that violence and especially trying to kill somebody is NEVER acceptable except in self defense. 

Trump has been the gift that keeps on giving to Ds. 

He's helped the D party more than any R in history and even helped much more than most Ds have helped the D party.

It's true. He may be hated by many Ds with TDS but they would have to admit that Trump gave them the presidency in 2020 and is about to hand over another victory to them in less than 2 months.

I've said many times that Trump is the only R that Harris can beat. Trump didn't do anything to beat  cognitively damaged Biden......Biden would have lost to metmike that night (-:

In the last debate, Harris didn't beat Trump from what she said.........which really was not especially impressive, though she handled herself well. She used the most powerful D weapon in the room. Trump's mouth. 

Trump has also caused permanent damage to the mentality of over half of his party that think the Ds cheated in 2020 and retarded stuff, like Nancy Pelosi refused to call the National Guard on Jan. 6th which caused the Insurrection.

There are actually dozens of  insane lies that Trump uses at all his rallys to get cheers.

He claimed that immigrants are eating peoples pets in Springfield, OH during a key presidential debate with 10s of millions of people watching, when he had a golden opportunity to hold Harris accountable for the worst southern border crisis in our history by a wide margin. 

Instead, he turned it into a right wing conspiracy theory joke and hall of shame quote that people 50 years from now will laugh at. BLOWING a chance to capitalize on something every other R would have nailed her for. 

Yes, Rs should be the most upset with Trump.

Those in his cult, will always see him as something different than who he really is.

Those in his party that see him for who he is, like Liz Cheney or many others( that got shunned for seeing the truth and having ethical standards) should be much more outraged than any others in either party.

Yes, Donald Trump is to blame for all of it.  He couldn't have done it without the unconditional support of tens of millions of minds that he captured of course and some of those minds are my friends that got suckered to believe in him........just like sincere environmentalists have been convinced that our greening planet is suffering a climate crisis because a beneficial gas is increasing.

Or that getting most of Ukraines army killed/disabled or deserted and their country obliterated so that NATO can weaken Russia and expand into Ukraine, while enriching our diabolical military-industrial-political-media complex, is absurdly "supporting Ukraine".

Convincing sounding manufactured realities have defined up as down and down as up in order to benefit the self serving interests of the elites and gatekeepers.

Trump is supposed to be fighting against them, but guess what?

He used their very effective brainwashing strategies to capture minds for HIS EXTREMELY SELF SERVING INTERESTS!

HE TELLS PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR!

He makes up incredulous stuff thats laughible to the majority who will be voting in November..........which is why he will lose. But the majority of his party that really want those things to be true are vulnerable because of his charisma and are willing to overlook everything else.

A lot of his stuff has a grain of truth or more to it.

But he takes every truth and embellishes/exaggerates  to the point of it no longer being recognizable as the truth.

If the true stat is about 100,000 people, he will insist its millions of people. All of his policies were easily the greatest in the history of our country. All of Biden's policies have been the worst in history by a mile., 

His avid supporters love it. Everybody else cringes, including people like me that  want to see reasons to vote for him but he keeps giving me/us MORE reasons to not vote for him.

Another long screed by metmike but it explains why a mentally deranged  R would have the mentality to assassinate a fellow R.

Very, very wrong way for them to express their outrage at the person who is wrecking their party.

After Harris got anointed, I've been telling my family that the only way that the Rs will win is if somebody other than Trump runs against her.

No matter the fact that Trump brings out the worst in most people that he impacts and likely caused some of his supporters here to be upset with my views, he won/earned the nomination fair and square and nobody, other than a person like Hitler deserves to be assassinated.

Speaking of which, the D comparisons of Trump to Hitler are ludicrous. 

We know dang well what Hitler did. 6,000,000 Jews were killed in addition to some other incredibly diabolical acts and damage.

If Trump was president, its very likely that over 700,000 lives 750,000 casualties would have been saved in the Ukraine war as well as countless other benefits to the world from NOT having this horrific war because of Biden/NATO's impact.  Trump getting elected is our best chance to avoid a nuclear war with Russia.

This is rock solid truth!

Its stuff like that which makes me WANT TO vote for Trump. I really do want to vote Trump but its impossible  to overlook his off the charts downside in so many realms that would be a disaster for our country.

By cutworm - Sept. 15, 2024, 11:30 p.m.
Like Reply

If Trump was president, its very likely that over 700,000 lives would have been saved in the Ukraine war as well as countless other benefits to the world from NOT having this horrific war because of Biden/NATO's impact.  Trump getting elected is our best chance to avoid a nuclear war with Russia.

So what devastating thing adds up to more than 700,000 lives. Let's add that getting us out of that war might be the only thing that keeps war away from the continental US?

By metmike - Sept. 16, 2024, 12:40 a.m.
Like Reply

That’s a wild guess, Larry.

I’d been using 500,000 for the last year+ for fatalities AND permanently disabled soldiers from both sides based on what were some reliable source statements at the end of last Summer That I posted.

it occurred to me this month, after reading about the widespread desertions in ukraines army that those soldiers vanishing from the army are the same loss to the army as the other reasons ….which have also continued to pile up during the last year From both sides.

when back in the office on monday, I’ll put it all together for you and revise the number up or down based on what seems justified.

one huge problem is that Ukraine has been lying so blatantly about everything, especially  their given, extremely low death count that I can’t use anything they or Zelenskyy says.

they do this intentionally as part of the propaganda to trick people into thinking Ukraine is doing much better than they really are so we think they can still win even though they lost a long time ago.

if they knew the truth about Ukraine getting decimated with no chance to win and that they got so decimated because of our support and weapons forced them to fight and die for another year, while LOSING MORE AND MORE GROUND …..those people would be upset.

And they would never go along with sending tens of billions more if all it meant was extending the war as long as possible to kill as many Russians as possible…….while almost as many Ukrainians die at the same time.

people would be furious that we did worse than just flush 200 billion of our money down the toilet.

we used it to needlessly kill and disable over half a million soldiers. Each with numerous  family members. much of eastern Ukraine will need rebuilding.
supply side caused global energy and food inflation, especially the first year. Uniting our enemies. On the verge of nuclear war ………to get what?

Americans would be screaming for an end to the war and no longer support it.

so they must cover all that up, especially about their losses/deaths.

By metmike - Sept. 16, 2024, 12:57 p.m.
Like Reply

I'll start by posting some of the many claims of deaths/injuries the past year+. As you can see the spread is EXTREME, just like the spread between the truth and propaganda is similarly wide.

NY Times:

Ukraine War Casualties Near Half a Million, U.S. Officials Say

Aug 18, 2023 

++++++++++++++

Ukraine war: Zelensky says 31,000 troops killed since Russia's full-scale invasion

25 February 2024

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-68397525

++++++++++++++++

What are the Russian death toll and other losses in Ukraine?

https://war.ukraine.ua/faq/what-are-the-russian-death-toll-and-other-losses-in-ukraine/

+++++++++++

Newsweek:

How Many People Have Died in Russia-Ukraine War?

Jan 31, 2024

https://www.newsweek.com/how-many-dead-russia-ukraine-war-update-troops-civilians-1864034

Estimates of those killed in the conflict have been hard to substantiate, with neither side publishing tallies of their losses. U.S. officials said in August 2023, that Ukraine and Russia's total deaths and injuries had neared 500,000.

In August 2023, unnamed U.S. officials shared estimates of Ukrainians killed or wounded with reporters at The New York Times. Caveating that figures were hard to estimate, they said Ukrainian figures were close to 70,000 dead and 100,000 to 120,000 wounded.

Civilian Casualties

There are more reliable figures on civilian deaths and injuries.

As of January 23, 2024, the United Nations Human Rights Monitoring Mission in Ukraine has recorded 29,330 civilian casualties in Ukraine, consisting of 10,191 killed and 19,139 injured since Russia's invasion on February 24, 2022.

++++++++++++++++++

This is a trench based war of attrition in many ways. Putin's strategy from the beginning that would always prevail in the end was to eliminate Ukraine's troops over time, while replacing his, because Russia had a massive advantage with hundreds of thousands more troops and soldiers to replace his causalities. Ukraine, as expected ran out of replacements a long time ago, 

I actually teach this strategy to ALL my students in chess. Once you have an advantage in material, try to trade pieces with your opponent because they will run out of pieces first and then, you can finish them off. In the opening and middle game, an advantage of 2 pieces is not significant because your opponent still has enough material to muster a major attack to get check mate. In the end game, it's an insurmountable advantage that always leads to victory. 

This is one of the successful strategies that Putin used to win this war a long time ago, despite the propaganda still pretending that Ukraine has enough army left to win.  THEY DON'T!

Only NATO increasing support, including help with fighting on the ground, WITH A NEW WAR OF NATO VS RUSSIA ATTACKING INSIDE RUSSIA WITH LONG RANGE MISSILES   can keep this going!(and head closer to nuclear war)

It's always been NATO vs Russia but at least they were killing off Ukraine's troops and decimating Ukraine up until recently.........and that war was lost.

+++++++++++

More to come

By metmike - Sept. 16, 2024, 2:44 p.m.
Like Reply

metmike: In 2022, I did a statistical analysis of the military from both sides that I can't find at the moment. It basically confirmed that Ukraine would eventually lose a war of attrition WITH CERTAINTY because of the math with Russia's military having 3 times the soldiers and Ukraine's army would be killed off to the point of the disadvantage making it impossible for them to win or even defend Ukraine from the war of attrition. I can't find it right now but will use this information below from over a year ago, with the same point.

“Ukraine War Causalities Near Half a Million, U.S. Officials Say”
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/18/us/politics/ukraine-russia-war-
casualties.html

https://www.congress.gov/118/meeting/house/116768/documents/HHRG-118-ZS00-20240130-SD002.pdf
Troop Deaths and Injuries in Ukraine War Near 500,000,
U.S. Officials Say
Ukraine and Russia have lost a staggering number of troops as Kyiv’s counteroffensive
drags on. 

The officials cautioned that casualty figures remained difficult to estimate because Moscow
is believed to routinely undercount its war dead and injured, and Kyiv does not disclose
official figures. But they said the slaughter intensified this year in eastern Ukraine and has
continued at a steady clip as a nearly three-month-old counteroffensive drags on.
Russia’s military casualties, the officials said, are approaching 300,000. The number
includes as many as 120,000 deaths and 170,000 to 180,000 injured troops. The
Russian numbers dwarf the Ukrainian figures, which the officials put at close to 70,000
killed and 100,000 to 120,000 wounded.
But Russians outnumber Ukrainians on the battlefield almost three to one, and Russia has
a larger population from which to replenish its ranks.
Ukraine has around 500,000 troops, including active-duty, reserve and paramilitary
troops, according to analysts. By contrast, Russia has almost triple that number, with
1,330,000 active-duty, reserve and paramilitary troops
— most of the latter from the
Wagner Group.
The Biden administration’s last public estimate of casualties came in November-2022, when Gen.
Mark A. Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said that more than 100,000
troops on each side had been killed or wounded since the war began in February 2022. At
the time, officials said privately that the numbers were closer to 120,000 killed and
wounded.
But that number soared in the winter and spring, as the two countries turned the eastern
city of Bakhmut into a killing field. Hundreds of troops were killed or injured a day for
many weeks, U.S. officials said. The Russians took heavy casualties, but so too did the
Ukrainians as they tried to hold every inch of ground before losing the city in May.
The opening weeks of Kyiv’s counteroffensive this summer were particularly difficult for
Ukraine. In the early phase, Western-trained Ukrainian troops struggled to employ
“combined arms maneuvers” — a method of fighting in which infantry, armor and artillery
are used together in synchronized attacks.
Ukrainian troops initially tried to break through dug-in Russian lines with
mechanized combined arms formations. Equipped with advanced
American weapons, the Ukrainians nonetheless became bogged down in
dense Russian minefields under constant fire from artillery and
helicopter gunships.
In the first two weeks of the counteroffensive, as much as 20 percent of the
weaponry Ukraine sent to the battlefield was damaged or destroyed, according to U.S. and
European officials. The losses included some of the formidable Western fighting machines
— tanks and armored personnel carriers — that the Ukrainians were counting on to beat
back the Russians.
More significantly, thousands of troops were killed or wounded, officials said.
A senior U.S. official acknowledged the high number of Ukrainian casualties but said
combined arms is “very, very hard
.” 

++++++++++++

I looked at the many dozens of threads and what was over 1,000 posts for my statistical analysis of the war of attrition, inevitable loss by Ukraine post a couple of years ago.

It appears that somebody broke into the forum and deleted it. That sounds nuts but the same thing happened with certainty to a CO2 sequestering thread. The moderator is also being blocked on our longest Ukraine war thread.

Again, this is not my imagination and why I say that gatekeepers 1,000 times more powerful than me with an objective of silencing me can easily make MarketForum go away.  I don't follow or imagine conspiracy theories.........I bust them using facts.

This is NOT likely to happen but if it does..........you'll know why. 

Re: Re:  Who speaks the truth? NOT NATO!            

By metmike - March 27, 2024, 12:25 p.m.                        

Even better, here's a compilation of the truth, told in every way, shape and form (and often repeated) which contradicts the propaganda pushed by the powerful elites:

By metmike - Sept. 16, 2024, 4:50 p.m.
Like Reply

Larry,

As you can see, the estimates are all over the place and some are not realistic based on the propaganda sources.

I did, however want to make an adjustment in the verbiage to be consistent with most of my other posts on this and the actual intent.

I seriously think that this number could be low but there's way too much uncertainty. This is just a guess because most of the sources that know the real numbers are lying to us. 

You bringing this up is much appreciated, so that I can elaborate and try to be as accurate as possible for readers.

If Trump was president, its very likely that over 700,000 lives 750,000 casualties would have been saved in the Ukraine war as well as countless other benefits to the world from NOT having this horrific war because of Biden/NATO's impact.  Trump getting elected is our best chance to avoid a nuclear war with Russia.

An additional guess to break down the one above,  is that Ukraine has suffered AT LEAST 300,000 casualties that includes civilians and Russians are at least 450,000 casualties. 

Regardless of how accurate those numbers really are, the actual number is A HUGE NUMBER OF PEOPLE by EVERYBODY'S STANDARDS! It really didn't need to happen. Every single day is just adding to the grim total/statistics and making it worse and worse. Only 1 thing will stop it. Peace.

Before obtaining peace, you need 2 parties that WANT peace. We know with 1 million % confidence that Ukrainians want peace and deserve peace. 

It's high time that we recognize what these human beings  really want and stop sending their brave soldiers (from both sides) on suicide missions for the NATO/Zelensky/US/Putin agenda!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualty_(person)

A casualty (/ˈkæʒjʊəlti/), as a term in military usage, is a person in military service, combatant or non-combatant, who becomes unavailable for duty due to any of several circumstances, including death, injury, illness, missing, capture or desertion.

In civilian usage, a casualty is a person who is killed, wounded or incapacitated by some event; the term is usually used to describe multiple deaths and injuries due to violent incidents or disasters. It is sometimes misunderstood to mean "fatalities", but non-fatal injuries are also casualties.

By metmike - Sept. 18, 2024, 10:04 p.m.
Like Reply

Democrats Must Stop Their Violent Rhetoric | Opinion

https://www.newsweek.com/democrats-must-stop-their-violent-rhetoric-opinion-1955671

++++++++++

I bash Trump all the time for legit reasons but would still vote for him over Harris.

The insane political rhetoric from both sides and lies about wars and the fake climate are abusing the wonderful, greatly advanced communication technology that we have today.

Powerful information gatekeepers are exploiting it in nefarious and even potentially catastrophic and diabolical ways for their self serving agendas.

People can't even tell what the truth is anymore because its been replaced with manufactured realities telling people what they want to hear and filling their heads with propaganda and lies.

People have hundreds of choices on what sources to use every day.

Guess which ones they go to?

Yep, the ones that tell them what they wish were true and that line up with whatever they already think they know.....with NO FACT CHECKING! Fact checking would require hours to get to the authentic truth.

People are too busy for that or not analytically inclined enough or would rather live in a convenient bubble.  So they pick a handful or so of sources that line up with their personal ideologies, that includes echo chambers of like minded people and let those sources reinforce all the things they think they know already.

Discarding everything that contradicts it........... SOMETIMES, INCLUDING THE TRUTH  which they are unable to recognize because THEIR SOURCES tell them that truth is a lie.

And it keeps getting worse!

The most ironic thing is that in many cases, each side accuses the other side of doing........exactly what they are doing!

Here's a perfect example. We've been told for years about Russia being an evil country and their government brainwashing the poor zombie people with propaganda and lies with the US being the beacon of democracy that includes truth and enlightenment.

The democracy part is true at the voting polls but Americans are hit with more lies and propaganda than almost any country in the world. We are controlled by the Military-Industrial-Political-Media complex...........regardless of who we vote in office.

Because they are bought and paid for by that complex and a host of other powerful interests/coalitions that use legal bribing with lobby money and other benefits to politicians that make it extremely lucrative to support and pass legislation for self serving interests that are often NOT serving Americans best.  

DOJ-more Russia election interference             

13 responses |        

Started by metmike - Sept. 5, 2024, 9:20 p.m.   

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/107217/

What Does George Orwell’s ‘1984’ Mean in 2024?

Now 75 years old, the dystopian novel still rings alarm bells about totalitarian rule

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/what-does-george-orwells-1984-mean-in-2024-180984468/

++++++++++++

The media in this country is the worst of all because most of our news comes from them.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Welcome to Springfield, OH            

By metmike - Sept. 18, 2024, 1:23 p.m.            

++++++++++++++++

They are about to get us all killed in a nuclear war. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/106160/#107509

By metmike - Sept. 18, 2024, 10:23 p.m.
Like Reply

This is exactly what I refer to:

‘1984’ in 2024? Trump Is What George Orwell Warned Us About

https://flagpole.com/news/street-scribe/2024/04/03/1984-in-2024-trump-is-what-george-orwell-warned-us-about/

++++++++++

Both sides are using George Orwell's  1984 as an example of how the OTHER SIDE is a threat in 2024.

While the reality is that THEY ARE EXPLOITING/USING THE EXACT BRAINWASHING PRINCIPLES  that they accuse the other side of using on their tunnel visioned targets. 

Both sides are doing it!!!

Each side is doing it, while convincing THEIR brainwashed people that only the other side is doing it!

And the targets/victims of both sides NEVER fact check their propaganda because they pick their biased sources because they WANT TO BELIEVE THEM.  

So it's a version of 1984 but with 2 sides competing with each other to brainwash their political side using propaganda and lies.

And in some cases, like the war in Ukraine and the fake climate crisis, trying to reach out for more universal support from both sides using propaganda that appeals to everybody like "we are destroying the planet, only supporting our cause will save it"

or "Ukraine is a democracy being invaded by a ruthless dictator and if we don't stop him right now, Europe will be his next target"

Convincing sounding, righteous causes .......but they are total, as in 100.00%  BS!

1. We are having a climate OPTIMUM for most life on this greening planet that has featured the best weather/climate for most life since humans have existed. 

2. The war never needed to happen and can end quickly if NATO agrees to NOT expand into Ukraine. Ukraine is Putin's ONLY target. 

Why are we being told the complete opposite by our government and media????

Answer: For their self serving agendas AND THEY NEED TO CONTROL US TO ACCOMPLISH THAT!