VP debate
21 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Sept. 30, 2024, 2:10 p.m.

Any opinions about how this will go?

I have the complete opposite opinion of how I thought the previous debate, between Trump and Harris would go ...Trump shooting himself in the foot and debating poorly(which did happen).

After being REALLY wrong about the Trump/Biden decade, not expecting how BAD that Biden would do. 

Unmuted microphones Trump vs Harris DEBATE            

35 responses |          

Started by metmike - Aug. 28, 2024, 12:49 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/107014/

++++++++++++

Opinion: At tomorrow’s debate, please — just answer the question

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/4903497-candidates-duck-questions-debate/

Comments
Re: VP debate
0 likes
By metmike - Oct. 1, 2024, 9:04 p.m.
Like Reply

I predict that Vance crushes Walz!!!!

By metmike - Oct. 1, 2024, 10:30 p.m.
Like Reply

I actually love both these guys and both of them are so much better than their running mates.

These guys are both great communicators and debaters.

On most issues, Vance is doing much better(in my opinion) but it’s often because he’s a world class debater.
HOWEVER, on the 2020 election and insurrection, WALTZ JUST OWNED HIM!!!

Asked point blank who won in 2020, he refused to answer and went on to talk about democrats, the future and censorship. This is a good topic but not  the right one. 

If somebody asks me if it rained in Evansville last Saturday and instead, I  tell them about the hurricane flooding in North Carolina, I  answered  the wrong question.

With Vance on the 2020 election it’s  totally intentional.

Trumps continuing to insist that the election was stolen from him in 2020, by itself is enough to make the difference in his likely loss next month. Vance is always in a tough spot on this topic, because of Trumps galactically fatal position on losing the 2020 election because of cheating.

I suspect they waited until the end to ask this one.

just like Waltz has an impossible task to defend  the Harris southern border position. 

anyways, this was a wonderful debate by 2 very respectful people and effective communicators that came off looking really good.

both of them represent the best of our politicians.

If only they were at the top of the ticket. I’ve always liked waltz and see him as being honest and sincere, while being a bit suspicious about Vance’s honestly but impressed by his incredible ability as an informed communicator.

What do you guys think?

By metmike - Oct. 2, 2024, 1:38 a.m.
Like Reply

Just remembered.

No Ukraine questions?

that HAD to be intentional because they spent hours with numerous people deciding what questions to ask.

rhe only thing that makes sense is they didn’t want to give Vance a chance to contradict the propaganda/lies Of the MSM.

They have clearly been censoring the truth about Ukraine the past 2.5 years and it’s an extremely important topic.

weve dished out 200 billion. Close to 1 million casualties. potential nuclear war, Zelensky in our country all of last week.………..but no questions about it???

Vance has been outspoken with Views that contradict the MSM brainwash.

ironically,  Vance mentioned the censorship problem that we have in this country and NBC censored the topic of Ukraine in the debate to keep people from hearing    Vance’s   telling the truth!,

WOW!

By joj - Oct. 2, 2024, 7:50 a.m.
Like Reply

I forgot what civil debates were before the Trump era of mean spirited unhinged food fights.

That looked almost as civil as an Obama/Romney debate.

Vance is the more polished debater.  No question about that.  Walz, though nervous at times, comes across as a down to earth every man guy.

Although the Ukraine question, and Trump's subservience to Putin, didn't come up (it should have), the moderators clobbered Walz with the Iran question right out of the box.  Can't really debate prep for 200 missiles that were fired the day of the debate.

Remember the red wave in 2022 that didn't happen?  I think women's turnout will get Harris over the finish line.

But in my view (biased), one candidate showed loyalty to Trump and the other showed loyalty to the constitution.  

By mcfarm - Oct. 2, 2024, 9:29 a.m.
Like Reply

Guys what are you saying or do you like just fooling your self? JOJ it has known for months this election will be settled on males not females. MM, where to start? So you really like Walz he is very honest you say. Well much like Harris neither one of them even can be honest on where and how they grew up surrounded by what values. Walz cannot even be honest about basic things like carrying a weapon in war or how he cheated the system left his unit and retired.  How about this? If you were in Tinaman Square watching people get executed don't you think that would be burned into your memory. Don't you think if you were governor of a state and watched its largest city get looted and burned and ordered the authorities to stand down you just might remember that? Oh hell yes this is one honest guy. Known an every day gun owning coach, well except that he filed to ever achieve a elementary coaching certificate. So just where do the lies stop and the truth ever come out about both these progressive crazy frauds? I guess if we depend on the media we are screwed.

0 likes
By WxFollower - Oct. 2, 2024, 11:10 a.m.
Like Reply

I admired the civility.

VP debate
0 likes
By metmike - Oct. 2, 2024, 11:16 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks very much for the sincere comments!

Walz and Vance Delivered the Debate Americans Wish Their Running Mates Had

https://www.newsweek.com/walz-vance-delivered-debate-america-wish-their-running-mates-had-1962369

Vance shows polish, Walz hits him on Jan. 6 in notably civil VP debate

https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2024/1002/vp-debate-vance-walz

Tim Walz Gets Bigger Polling Boost Than JD Vance After VP Debate

https://www.newsweek.com/tim-walz-jd-vance-debate-polling-boost-1962380

Minnesota Governor Tim Walz saw a significant bump in polling after Tuesday night's vice presidential debate in New York, surpassing Ohio Senator JD Vance in postdebate momentum.

The showdown saw the two candidates largely focus on differences, with Vance repeatedly hitting Vice President Kamala Harris on border security, while Walz lambasted former President Donald Trump on abortion rights. Newsweek has contacted the Vance and Walz campaigns for comment via email.

A flash poll conducted by CNN and SSRS after the debate among 574 registered voters who watched the showdown found that 51 percent of respondents said that Vance came out on top, compared to 49 percent who said the same of Walz. The margin of error was +/- 5.3 points.

However, despite Vance's win, the CNN/SSRS poll also shows that Walz saw a bigger rise in his favorability ratings after the debate than Vance.

According to the poll, the Minnesota governor saw a 23-point boost in his favorability ratings, going up from +14 to +37. Meanwhile, Vance saw a 19-point boost in his favorability ratings, going up from -22 to -3.

+++++++++++++

This is almost entirely based on the MSM's tactic to spin and portray Vance as an evil, dishonest guy because he's Trump's running mate and Waltz as an honest guy, supporting the media's "darling" and  pick for president, Kamala Harris.  

0 likes
By metmike - Oct. 2, 2024, 5:10 p.m.
Like Reply

For those that think the debate was close, here's an example of Waltz being completely  owned by Vance from the get go. You all know my position on this so its NOT based on my position or who I agree with. 

The moderator even jumps in to take Waltz's side, attacking Trump and confronting Vance.........who decimated her and Waltz!

Walz stumbles on first question at VP debate, confuses Israel and Iran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFxOA4KGiks

By metmike - Oct. 2, 2024, 9:40 p.m.
Like Reply

This is exactly why CBS intentionally did not ask a question about Ukraine last night. To censor JD Vance from giving his opinion in front of tens of millions of Americans that they don't want to be enlightened with the truth:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/107607/#107809

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/107607/#107810

By metmike - Oct. 2, 2024, 10:50 p.m.
Like Reply

Harris has been losing a bit of steam lately/Trump some tiny gains but I think she is still in the drivers seat:

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/7456/Who-will-win-the-2024-US-presidential-election

I feel extremely strongly that Vance won the debate last night. However, according to the (extremely biased) MSM, Waltz got the bigger bump but I'm skeptical of that.

Waltz did well most of the time.  Likeable and respectful. However, his focus was to attack Trump more than it was to sell people on Harris. 

Actually, that's a great strategy. Trump has numerous things to attack him on and Harris doesn't have much  to brag about. 

By mcfarm - Oct. 4, 2024, 6:18 a.m.
Like Reply

not that many give a crap about the farmers or what they think of the debate but here is what we think. JD Vance is the neighbor who is so efficient he is already done and offers to come help others to finish harvest. Walz is the neighbor who laughs at that silly notion, calls your land lord, offers him 50 more dollars/a, steals the ground and then says well just couldn't help it, just business ya know.

By metmike - Oct. 4, 2024, 7:53 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks, mcfarm,

It was nice of you to consult with the more than 3 million producers in our country to get their consensus(-:

im thinking that democrat, mcfarmer from Iowa has a completely different point of view.

However, polls do show the vast majority of farmers are republicans and most of them are for Trump……despite Trumps view on imposing tariffs, which is NOT good for exports.
And you go to farmer sites and read most of their views.

Your views do matter, mcfarm!
That’s why we have the NTR(not trade related) forum…..to get views like yours. 

I listen to NPR on the radio and watch Fox News on tv  as well as  many other sources, because for me trying to understand why people think the way they do is extraordinarily fascinating.
Even when we are  convinced a position is wrong, it’s important to first know all the  authentic (and bogus)facts that support the other sides views to dial that into objective discernment.

By mcfarm - Oct. 4, 2024, 10:20 p.m.
Like Reply

rare is the farmer who could not recognize slime MM. And that is all Walz all the time. Even when he and lovely wife were relishing in the smoke  and looting of the city he was supposed to be protecting.

By metmike - Oct. 5, 2024, 7:07 a.m.
Like Reply

This will make you happy, mcfarm!  Sure looks like widespread fraud taking place in MN under Walz's governorship. 

As fraud scandals erupt in Minnesota on Gov. Tim Walz’s watch, accountability is in short supply

https://www.cnn.com/2024/10/04/politics/walz-audits-fraud-accountability-invs/?dicbo=v2-3ftbwER&hpt=ob_blogfooterold 

+++++++++++++++

This does get dialed into my opinion and causes me to adjust my views of Tim Walz leadership. He is not implicated  as participating in the fraud directly but some of the people who he appointed and the programs/departments they ran THAT HE'S RESPONSIBLE FOR look pretty corrupt.

By mcfarm - Oct. 5, 2024, 8:17 a.m.
Like Reply

and just why would that make me happy. To see the good people of Minn. elect such a fraud and then be surprised when he is deep into fraud. His entire life, just like Harris, has been a fraud and now on the edge of the possibillty these two communists walking into the WH we are surprised?  Amazing what the good libs will do with the MSM leading, lying and blocking for them.

And now comes Harris's most feminine protector. All the media in such glow with this new age feminine who has always respected women and lifted them. Well its seems there is very good reporting that he in fact slapped his then girl friend in thaface and laughed about it in Paris.Then just to add to this great protectors real history he seems to have gotten a baby sitter type knocked up, paid her off and forced her to sign a do not comment. Wow what a guy that protects women. all the time, all his life.

By metmike - Oct. 5, 2024, 9:07 a.m.
Like Reply

This is what mcfarm is pointing to:

Kamala Harris’ Husband Doug Emhoff Faces Bombshell Allegations He Assaulted an Ex-Girlfriend Over Suspected Flirting

https://atlantablackstar.com/2024/10/02/kamala-harris-husband-accused-of-slapping-a-woman-for-flirting-cannes/

+++++++++++++

No comment, other than to question why this would be such a huge deal for people that elevate Donald Trump, the person with the worst character traits, running for president in history.

By mcfarm - Oct. 5, 2024, 10:13 a.m.
Like Reply

you just don't get it? Really? Can you say hypocrisy? Say it out loud and re read my explanation of the HYPOCRASY when it comes to a supposed women protecting predator. I just knew someone would try that false equivalency crap with Trump. Everybody in this world who is not living in a cave knows exactly what Trump's

personal life has been. And I know of not a single person who declares Trump has been and always will be a feminist.

VP debat
0 likes
By metmike - Oct. 5, 2024, 12:48 p.m.
Like Reply

"you just don't get it? Really? Can you say hypocrisy? Say it out loud and re read my explanation of the HYPOCRASY"

+++++++++++++++

Thanks, mcfarm!

Hypocrisy, HYPOCRISY, HYPOCRISY, HYPOCRISY.....HYPOCRISY!

It's becoming more and more and more clear to me!

Now my mind is focusing like a laser on an image..................

Talk of divine intervention as Trump speaks at Florida summit for the religious right
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article290351344.html

How Trump redefined shameless hypocrisy — and made it politically indispensable

if there is one recognizable element of Trumpism, it is collective, weaponized hypocrisy

Here's the catch — and it explains why some of us see the hypocrisy and why those who practice it don't. Farrell and Finnemore's point rests on the premise that hypocrisy depends on being aware of a moral compass and deliberately not using it. But that's the thing about the new hypocrisy: Its moral compass is its hypocrisy.  

Once you recognize that the issue here isn't failing to effectively compare one's actions to an ethical code, but rather, embracing selfish, self-serving, irrational, inconsistent and illogical behavior as an ethical code, then you get why those who practice it can't see it. Inside the Trump hypocrisy bubble, nothing that is done by them can be judged against an external ethics. Therefore, they simply can't possibly be a hypocrite. 

For the Trumpist hypocrite, everyone else who doesn't agree with you is the real hypocrite, but you never are. Sure, it's absolutely batshit logic and an ethical code that lacks anything resembling ethics, but that's how it works.

++++++++++++++

metmike: And to be fair........BOTH parties do this:

Harris, Trump and the hypocrisy in US politics    

https://www.gzeromedia.com/quick-take/harris-trump-and-the-hypocrisy-in-us-politics

The Democrats have gone through a similar process. We've heard for a couple of years now from the Democratic leaders, from the elite, from the media how Joe Biden was great and he was the only person that could be the nominee. And everyone needed to get behind him no matter what. And that Kamala Harris would be a disaster and the country wouldn't vote for her. They wouldn't support her. That she couldn't beat Trump, that her popularity ratings were too low. She was unpopular. Her staff turned over too much. The whispering campaign against Kamala Harris was extraordinary not just from Biden insiders but from leadership of the Democratic Party. From Democratic donors, and of course from the media. And now that Biden, under a lot of pressure after that disastrous debate performance and lots of other missteps, showing that he was way too old to run.

Now that Kamala Harris is the nominee, you could not find more loyalty, more engagement, more promotion of how Kamala Harris is a godsend, is the savior of the party, is going to be the next president no matter what. And you know, it's kind of painful to see that we have a group of people that have delegitimized themselves by being willing to say whatever is necessary to get in line behind the leadership. 

Re: VP debat
0 likes
By metmike - Oct. 5, 2024, 12:52 p.m.
Like Reply

Here's one of your favorites (and mine to), mcfarm!

Why the slow collapse of Harris-Walz won't stop before Election Day

It's continued bad news for Harris-Walz from the VP debates to the hurricane disaster response

Victor Davis Hanson       By      Victor Davis Hanson  Fox News 

Published       

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/why-slow-collapse-harris-walz-wont-stop-before-election-day

By mcfarm - Oct. 7, 2024, 6:40 a.m.
Like Reply

Do you want more evidence of what a complete fraud Walz is? You might want to read up on what is own brother has to say about the bum

By metmike - Oct. 7, 2024, 1:32 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks, mcfarm!

You are not helping your own credibility by using the fact that Tim Waltz's brother is an R who disagrees with his D brother on politics. 

Ironically, this reflects much MORE negatively on the integrity of the R people in this story, Jeff Waltz, mcfarm and MOSTLY the far right sources that feed mcfarm this complete rubbish,  than it does the D person in the story, Tim Walz.

The Rs are making personal attacks on the D based ENTIRELY on their political differences. 

Tim Waltz, on the other hand is not attacking his brother for being an R. It's also a NON issue that your bad sources have blown up to enrage far right Rs.......while having ZERO impact on everybody else.

I'm very grateful that you brought this up here, mcfarm so it can be discussed using authentic facts for discernment.

+++++++++++++++

Tim Walz’s brother stands by criticism of his policies but says Facebook ‘wasn’t the right platform’ to express views    

https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/04/politics/jeff-walz-criticism-brother-policies/index.html

Jeff Walz said he regrets sharing his views on Facebook, and explained he made the posts to clarify his views to people in his life who thought he was aligned with Tim Walz politically.        

“It was a post that – that I made because I was getting a lot of feedback from my friends, old acquaintances, thinking that I was feeling the same way that my brother did on the issues, and I was trying to clarify that just to friends,” he told NewsNation. “I used Facebook, which wasn’t the right platform to do that for.”        

Jeff Walz lamented the distance between him and his brother, saying “it’s too bad” they’ve grown apart and expressing hope for the possibility they can “disagree and still be civil brothers.” He added that any “stories” he had to share about Tim Walz wouldn’t reveal anything “hidden” about him.    

“My little brother, when we were younger, we would go on family trips and in a station wagon. And the thing was, nobody wanted to sit with him, because he had car sickness and would always throw up on us,” he said. “That sort of thing. There’s really nothing else hidden behind there. People are assuming something else.”      

Jeff Walz declined to share with NewsNation who he would be voting for in November. But he has a history of supporting Trump dating back to 2016.        

The Facebook comments he posted on Friday occurred underneath a post he originally wrote on March 30, 2023, the same day Trump was indicted by a grand jury in New York as part of the investigation into hush money payments made to adult film actress Stormy Daniels ahead of the 2016 election. Trump was eventually found guilty of 34 counts of falsifying business records.        

“We’ve just become a third world banana republic,” he wrote that day.        

He previously donated $20 to Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign, federal campaign finance records show. And on the day after Election Day in 2022, he appeared to react to stronger than expected performances by Democrats in races across the country except in his home state of Florida, where Gov. Ron DeSantis won reelection by 19 points.    

“Sure glad to live in Florida today!,” he wrote at the time.