New Zealand shooting....random thoughts...
0 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - March 18, 2019, 2:39 p.m.

For the last few days, the HUGE news that permeated our airwaves and internet space, was the Mosque shooting in New Zealand.   NZ, once a far-away place, is now just as close as the other side of your town.

We watched and agonized with the people in NZ. The pictures of all the victims have now been posted, and seeing the photos of these victims, including women and children, make this event even more horrific.

The Australian shooter posted a weird and contradictory “manifesto”, which makes it quite unclear where he is coming from.

Strangely, very few media sites mention the fact that there were at least three shooters involved, as the now “forbidden” video showed.

As my thoughts about this event wondered off, I couldn’t help but focus on the number of dead. There were 49 immediate victims (no doubt, this number will go up as some of the injured succumb to their wounds).

“49” is not some random number.  This same number"49"coincidentally popped up in the  year 2017, on Palm Sunday, when Muslim Extremists attacked several Christian churches in Egypt and killed 49 church-goers.

This incident was mentioned briefly on our MSM, but did not get nearly the coverage of the NZ shooting…well, Egypt is a far-away country (isn’t it?)… and Christians (and Jews) in the M.E. are being targeted and killed regularly. Nothing to see here.

And 4 weeks later, another attack took place in Egypt that killed more than a dozen Christians on a bus, soon to be followed by more church attacks with more fatalities. 

Sorry ‘bout my ramblings… didn’t mean to take away from the suffering of the NZ families.

Comments
No replies yet. Be the first!