Hong Kong
0 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Nov. 16, 2019, 11:13 a.m.

Most of us think Hong Kong is a world away, and of  no consequence to our daily lives

But is it??

President XI has said his top priority is the rule of Law in Hong Kong including stopping unlawful protester actions etc. which so far hasn't happened

PLA isn't supposed to act in Hong Cong without Hong Kong gov't asking for assistance

Well: PLA spent about I hr cleaning up debris aroundd their barracks and other places. Not much but the gov't did not ask for their clean up assistance. Wil they appear the next time in riot gear, with over whelming force, weather they be asked or not. They already tested the water once by not being asked

Now one other point of interest

Hong Kong is on the verge of deep recession and financial problems. Many have pulled deposits out of banks [billions] , houses have dropped in value drastically and many out side investors say they will not invest in Hong kong untill stability is seen.so what happens if their is a run on Hong Kong bank deposits

You say "so what"

Well the USA congress is passing a bill to support the demonstrators in Hong Kong as I understand it or at least congress is not in any way pleasing XI

Will Trump sign this bill into law or risk not signing it

This goes deeper than just Hong Kong and a bill working it;s way through congress

If XI feels that congress or the USA is not in his corner then the trade war signing of Phase 1 becomes much more difficult, if not impossible

I think Xi has said there is a connection between USA actions and his willingness to sign Phase 1

The USA needs a signing and then on to depeer issues but if there is no agreement at the very beginning then what happens

Both sides have something to gain or lose but we have to agree that China is a power house that can not be ignored. Their exports are growing and will continue to be sold all over the world. Just look at Wall Mart-- biggest profits ever. So where do you think people the world over, will spend their money and where does it go. You can bet china will not let their economy suffer, because of major BK of zombie Co.s, although GDP did slip below 6%

The out come of this trade war will likely decide if we have a world recession or not

Nobody wins in a recession and thus Hong Kong has a very large part in world affairs

I know it may be hard to think this way, but there you have it

JMHO

Comments
No replies yet. Be the first!