Organic Food
0 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Jan. 30, 2020, 4:34 a.m.

Just something a bit different I saw the other day

We are currently vacationing outside our native Canada

I went to the local food market to buy a jug of milk

All I wanted was 2%. you know the blue top

Well guess what I found

Organic this, Healthy this, Lactose that [what ever that means] every label you could think of that caught the eye

But could I find plain old 2 % homo

Way down at the end was a few jugs of 2%

And to top it off

The fancy stuff had a healthy premium in price

Must be somebody willing to pay the price. I suppose a quart isn't such a big deal in price as most were in quarts

And to my surprise I could not find any governing body that spelled out a guarantee of what you paid for

Nutrient value, calories yes, but what was organic Really organic. Where did the feed ingredients come from?? I dunno

Beats me

I guess if the label says it is good for you, people will pay the price

Reminds me

Tela marketing must find some body gullible

Or else they would be out of biz

But they get more numerous. Even got my cell phone # and that is given to family members only. Except you know when you want an account they ask for this info. So, somebody buys the info, and away we go.

What people will believe confounds me daily

Good things we were staying only long enough for 1 jug of milk. I have to have my breakfast glass of milk, being from the farm and all.

Just some thing I decided  to rant about, beside politics on the forum

Duh. We do have a time differential so it isn't the middle of the nite here. Late yes

And can you belive it. The bottled water I buy costs more than gas for the rental car. At home my water is free except for well up keep, electricity, when the well needs repairs which is seldom. Last time was so long ago I forget when. And to think that well provides water to spray over 7000 acres-maybe over 10 some yrs, of crop as well as household. Can't believe I am buying water, by the oz. and can't find plain old 2 % milk

Comments
No replies yet. Be the first!