There is a lot happening
0 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Feb. 28, 2020, 9:57 a.m.

Just a quick glance at head lines on Zero Hedge for today. A lot I starting to happen and a lot is just MHO

Two auto plants shut down

Now cars haven't exactly been flying off the production line into sales rooms and actual sales so that may not upset the apple cart that much except for the sycological fear factor

One auto show cancelled

A few virus cases  showing up in the southern Hemisphere. We don't know if they are few and far between or the testing of the virus is next  to non available

Stk market crash

What are the ramifications?? Fear factor which translates into sell sell

Hong Kong giving every permanent citizen actual cash in their hand.. Golly that is a new approach, other than farmers who have had this cash give away for some time. [Sorry mcfarm I know how you feel] but when you think about it, for ever, the money printers have stuffed money into the banking system with the idea they would lend the money to you and me. Well if we really needed the money, at a low, low int rate amortized over a number of yrs. the bank decided the risk was too great.. So the banks decided to buy bonds which had a far lessor degree of risk. [It doesn't happen quit that way but in the end the end result is the same] The gov't didn't argue with banks buying treasury bonds because the forever wars had to be financed some how. So lets see what happens in Hong Kong. My bets is the money will either be used to pay debt, or is hoarded, depending on the individual situation. The americian farmer is a good example as Trump has been stuffing money into farmers bank accts. Most  pay debts or save for a rainy day. A few spend it on trucks but not very many. This has led to hoarding grain in farm bins that would normally be sold for cash flow. Most of the grain sold is the poor quality that won't keep when warm weather comes, and we have a lot of poor quality so the market is well supplied. Plus corn exports stink

China town is deserted as people don't want to eat in chinese resturants or go shopping in china town. Another fear factor showing it's ugly head.

We are just starting to see the beginning of the fear factor which will mean even less use for oil, as people start to think about huddling down in their homes and communities

What we don't need is a large out break of confirmed virus cases and then we find out we are totally unprepared with hospital beds, doctors, nurses, protective equipment such as masks, gowns, gloves etc for our front line care givers. If it comes to the elderly being sent home as their chances of survival as less than a relatively healthy person, then the ---- really hits the fan. We are already dealing with the common flue, we don't need another strain of facilities on our health care infastructure. Doctor offices are already reporting being over whelmed with flue symptoms in their offices, and trying to decide which needs further testing.

There is no way we have enough ICU beds for the number of expected cases of confirmed, if we follow other countries experience. Even just ordinary hospital bed space could be over whelmed. Can't kick aunt Bessy out of her bed with a broken hip so somebody with a sore throat and runny nose can be tested and monitored.

And wait until you go to have your prescription filled and are told that drug is not available. Will drugs be hoarded if possible. For sure off the self drugs for colds, flue etc will be stripped bare

I know I am probably adding to the fear factor but I doubt many in america read MF compared to the total population so I am just sayin

We are headed for an R or D

I hope a mild R 

Comments
No replies yet. Be the first!