How will our future change
0 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - March 14, 2020, 6:33 p.m.

I have been wondering how our future will change, mostly if we become more self sufficient

Will we make more drugs domesticly

Will our manufacturing beome more domestic based

Will our house hold appliances, furniture etc be more domestic

The list goes on

An example

My wife bought me four shirts to replace what she thought was worn out shirts. Well guess what. After putting the 1st shirt on I discovered no breast pocket. You men can appreciate how much we value a breast pocket. So now my wife pays attention to the shirt pockets

Is that just a different place of manufactture or??

Now lets go to higher value

We pay 500,000 for a combine. The combine has features that make crop planning more exact as we can measure yield. We also do an incredible amount more acres with these newer machines

But guess what. The combine wears out at less hrs of useage. And I don't mean parts that can be replaced. I mean sheet metal in the grain bin that wears out so that corn trickles out on the ground. It takes a special kind of welder and skilled welder to repair and even then new leaks appear every yr, so that we replace at less hrs of useage. Reliability is something we have to have and considering the short season some operate these high priced machines, this is a real issue

Will there be a domestic manufacture that decides to compete against the name brands and find buyers for reliability

What about our bearings, belts, hoses etc that break when we want reliability. What do our war machines do when a lack of bearings puts  [say 30% of the fleet] out of operation because of a lack of bearings from a foreign supplier that does not like us

We sell our high quality, raw material food on the world market at low prices, then buy processed food using these same raw material grains, in a processed pkg with suspect quality assurance. My wife is cooking pumpkin pie from a mix of ingredients. Does she know where the ingredients came from. Does she trust I will not get sick from her pies. She has no way of knowing and I will eat her pies

How much is natn'l security and how much is global trade

I know there has to be some comprimize but are some things essential to our natn'l security

I think our politicians in the future might be wise to put forth ideas and platforms that we will decide on the voting ballot

There may be some discussion or not, when the current virus panic dies down, I don't know

If not we could be held hostage some day much worse than a lack of medicine from china

There is a limit to low prices when quality or supply becomes an issue

What happens in the future is a question worthy of some thought IMHO

Comments
No replies yet. Be the first!