Seems talk of lockdown is everywhere
0 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - March 16, 2020, 12:07 p.m.

The administration keeps saying everything is on the table

Which meeans IMHO they have no idea what to do from one day to the next

However, they need to be careful about how many can be in one place, if work place is shut down etc

I also read the lock down could be for 8 weeks

I am past the point of argueing the merits of any decision made by anybody or what anybody thinks

It is what it is and things will happen that we can't control [past and future]

Well: Planting season has started in the southern states and moving north

We have started in 4 weeks, [ground temps and moisture suitable for planting] some times gives us an early start

Apr 25 is go time and we can usually find some where to start planting

We have a just in time spring planting system worked out on our farm

Out Fert is delivered daily

Our seed hasn't even arrived

We order chemical delivery in totes or jugs as needed

Our fuel tanks get filled when needed, at least once a week, during spring planting

Now the ave. age of the americian farmer is 60-61 some where  close [just a guess]

Most have said if they can climb on the seat, they will plant no matter how sick

What if these people have to go to the supplier for inputs as most suppliers have people constantly coming and going - will they do their neighbours a favour if the supplier has to shut down

We had best hope the Ag Secutary doesn't get caught up in the lock down mode and realizes spring planting is as important as stocking shelves and drug supplies when all options are on the table

We also need to be careful that our local supplier does not have anybody come down sick and the supplier is forced to close the doors

The mood in Washington and various state govenors is vastly different today than Friday

I don't know if this is good or bad, but it is what it is

Until you know the check is in the mail box one person said I have to go to work or we don't eat. 

Millions of people will be in the same situation

Comments
No replies yet. Be the first!