Oil
0 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - April 19, 2020, 5:12 p.m.

I have struggled with the price of oil question

Do we let our shale operators go BK and buy foreign oil

That would mean we have a lot of oil in storage, which we could use in yrs ahead when the price goes up, which it will. Oil has always gone up. Why not use  a foreign resource when it is for sale at below COP. Let them sell us oil at below COP if they are silly enough to subsidize our economy. Our oil isn't perishable and it isn't going any place or being wasted. Just good sense to let our oil stay put.

Now as a farmer I would like to use domestic oil at 50 plus a barrel and resume ethonal production which could make NA completely independant from the whims of foreign dictators and their desire to BK a segment of our economy. Sub 20 oil will not only BK a lot of oil drillers but also a lot of our farmers.

How that would shake out is any bodies guess

Or we could be independant and save a huge industry from BK and money spent on stimulas before eventually going BK no matter how much money is pumped into a failing segment of our economy

Maybe we should just stop producing oil and corn and apply for a cheque for 1000/week and sit on our back porch, doing nothing like a lot of other people are doing

I am going to guess nobody has an answer thus nobody will reply to this post

Comments
No replies yet. Be the first!