Covid-19
5 responses | 0 likes
Started by mikempt - Nov. 14, 2023, 9:40 a.m.

Well I finally came down with Covid-19, let me tell you,its no joke!

Comments
Re: Covid-19
1 like
By 7475 - Nov. 14, 2023, 9:53 a.m.
Like Reply

Well Mike ,sounds like you are on the other side of it now.

I'm trying to decide if I should boost this year. Youre one of a very few Im aware of who have vocalized so strongly.

Have you been vax'd or boosted at all?

Unless cases and severity ramp up ,my doc is leaving it to the patient to decide to boost or not.

Keep us posted on the lingering effects and keep that smoke outa your lungs untill youre back to the ole MTP we all know.

John

By metmike - Nov. 14, 2023, 4:49 p.m.
Like Reply

I'm sorry to read that you have COVID, Mike.

That might be why you're on your computer and not working )-:

I hope you recover quickly. I got my 4th COVID vaccination last month. I also had COVID in August 2022. An extremely mild case that was gone in a week but then a relapse a week after that which featured my mouth covered in painful sores for a week but nothing else.

I'll be around 300 students in 5 schools the next 5 months so it really makes sense for me, at almost 68 years old  to get the vaccination.

The NYT has the best comprehensive COVID stats that I know of. They are normally pay walled but have been providing these updates to the public for free, updated daily. 

Track Covid-19 in the U.S.

Re: Covid-19
0 likes
By WxFollower - Nov. 15, 2023, 12:23 a.m.
Like Reply

Same here and also for my bro! This is 2nd time for both of us. It started as a mild soar throat Sun night that improved Mon AM. So, I thought it was nothing. But suddenly I had a fever spike Mon evening. I took an at-home test but it was not clearcut. When fever spiked almost to 102 (pulse up with fever) and started dry coughing some, I went to ER and their test showed me +. I’ve been taking Tylenol for fever. I’ve had increased dry cough and sneezing but still decent appetite when fever drops with Tylenol. I wasn’t given an antiviral.

Meanwhile, my bro had been sick all last week with soar throat, nausea, exhaustion, low grade fever, and diarrhea, but tested neg for COVID at home and even Fri night in ER! However, on Tue he tested +! So, he likely had false negatives. Thus I was around him as recently as Sun and likely got it from him. Same way I got it in early 2021. Good news is that bro’s soar throat/nausea improved Mon. 

By metmike - Nov. 15, 2023, 1:16 a.m.
Like Reply

Glad your bro is getting better, Larry. I know that he's at high risk because of his health.

Hopefully the both of you will soon be well!

By WxFollower - Nov. 15, 2023, 2:12 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks, Mike!