Soybeans and Argentina
7 responses | 0 likes
Started by cutworm - Dec. 8, 2023, 1:29 p.m.

This guy's presidency could change the Soybean and meal markets. By cutting inflation such that Argentine farmers do not hold beans as an inflation hedge. 

Javier Gerardo Milei[note 1] (born 22 October 1970) is an Argentine politician, economist, and author who is the president-elect of Argentina. Milei has taught university courses in macroeconomics, economic growth, microeconomics, and mathematics for economists. He has written numerous books and hosted radio programs. Milei's views distinguish him in the Argentine political landscape and have garnered significant public attention and polarizing reactions.

... His views distinguish him in the Argentine political landscape and have garnered significant public attention and polarizing reactions. He has proposed a comprehensive overhaul of the country's fiscal and structural policies. His supports freedom of choice on drug policy, guns, prostitution, same-sex marriage, sexual preference, and gender identity, while opposing abortion and euthanasia. In foreign policy, he advocates for closer relations with the United States, supporting Ukraine in response to Russia's invasion, and distancing Argentina from geopolitical entanglement with China.

...For over 20 years, Milei has been a professor of macroeconomics, economics of growth, microeconomics, and mathematics for economists.[3][14] He specializes in economic growth and has taught several economic subjects in Argentine universities and abroad. He has written more than 50 academic papers.[

Javier Milei - Wikipedia

Comments
By metmike - Dec. 9, 2023, 12:16 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks, cutworm!

By mcfarm - Dec. 12, 2023, 11:42 a.m.
Like Reply

with this weather forecast comes the real prospect of ARGY suspending exports

By metmike - Dec. 12, 2023, 11:49 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks, mcfarm,

The weather forecast is near perfect for Argentina.

By mcfarm - Dec. 12, 2023, 1:22 p.m.
Like Reply

well we will sure see MM. I am for sure not down there but guess what, neither are you. I am not a met but Eric has been the best going for years now, not you. who should I bet on today? Until this guy changes his mind {and he did add some caution in a couple places} I am guessing he is mostly right.

By metmike - Dec. 12, 2023, 3:35 p.m.
Like Reply

mcfarm,

All I did was generously contribute the latest weather forecast. 

No need for it to trigger your always defensive mode when reading something that you think might contradict what you want to believe.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/101013/#101189

By mcfarm - Dec. 12, 2023, 6:09 p.m.
Like Reply

https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1140429&mid=10521578#M10521578  here is another set of eyes. This guy is a trader and market advisor, not a met. He did not worry about turn around Tuesday it appears or the "perfect weather". Maybe those were Eric's maps but he talks about more heat and dry, even with rains near the 21st, lighter than expected.  "What I want to believe"...Well as I have posted before I "believe" a near record crop for SA is coming

By metmike - Dec. 12, 2023, 8:25 p.m.
Like Reply

Weather models continue to show massive rains for Argentina.........exactly what the doctor ordered for dry areas of Argentina.