Truth isn't Truth
14 responses | 0 likes
Started by frey_1999 - Aug. 19, 2018, 8:18 p.m.

You simply can not make this stuff up -----  This administration lies so much that they now have to try to tell the Public that the real truth is not the fact based truth but instead it is what they tell you the truth is.

this is in spite of what the real facts are.

and some will keep drinking the kool-aid

Comments
By pj - Aug. 19, 2018, 9:49 p.m.
Like Reply

It amazes me that is seems so many, what I think of as "normally" honest hard-nosed down-to-earth farmers, have been so taken in by an obnoxious phony New Yorker, who proves himself time after time to be an inveterate liar. 

By cfdr - Aug. 19, 2018, 10:34 p.m.
Like Reply

Ha!  And, what amazes me is that someone I consider to be an intelligent educated person has TDS *so bad* that he cannot see the unusual abilities the president has - in spite of the obvious personal flaws we all see in him.

TDS, I've come to realize, is a serious condition.  It really does blind people to any good qualities the person in question has.  Personally, I've had my fill of the rotten, incompetent, corrupt politicians.  I've had my fill of the government employees who feel they "own" DC.  I've had my fill of the lobbyists who feel they "own" the country.  I like to see the establishment politicians quitting in droves because their cash flows have been disrupted.  I like to see countries that have, for decades, taken advantage of the US now squeal when the president says that trade must be more fair.  I like to finally see a president who, at the very least, appears to be working toward more quality jobs here in the US.  I enjoyed seeing a candidate steal a political party from corrupt establishment types - and then steal enough of the working middle class  - to get elected - when no one said it was possible.

I could go on, but I know that I am talking at someone who has a severe case of TDS - and all this typing is merely for my own benefit.  I said, when Trump announced that he was running for president, that he was a "pusher."  If you can't see that this is the case, I can only surmise that you have never had the opportunity to work in a world where you were able to observe what a "pusher" could accomplish.  I did, and it was an education.

But, again, I know that I'm speaking to some one with severe TDS  .  .  .

(VBG)

By cfdr - Aug. 19, 2018, 10:36 p.m.
Like Reply

"This administration lies so much that they now have to try to tell the Public that the real truth is not the fact based truth but instead it is what they tell you the truth is."

frey, if you don't understand what a "perjury trap" is - and how that pertains to "truth isn't truth" - you need to do a bit of reading.  Your ignorance is showing here.

By mojo - Aug. 20, 2018, 9:34 a.m.
Like Reply

Don't worry Donald, prison isn't prison.

By frey_1999 - Aug. 20, 2018, 11:01 a.m.
Like Reply

The reason a perjury trap phrase is totally political and is an attempt by the president and his people to circumvent the law. 

If the president were to sit down with Mueller for an interview any question the president is not comfortable to answer he can take the 5th on, and If he's have as smart as you think he is it won't be a problem but as anybody who pays attention to him knows hes not that smart and will lie to try and make himself look smart. Still that all in all will not get him into a perjury trap what will get him into a perjury charge is the fact that he has to lie because without the lies the trail back to the trump organization laundering money for the Russians will become clear.

And that is what has him in this pickle in the first place. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/no-trumps-interview-with-mueller-wouldnt-be-a-perjury-trap/2018/01/25/cbe60e8c-01db-11e8-9d31-d72cf78dbeee_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.067913dceff0

By cfdr - Aug. 20, 2018, 1:36 p.m.
Like Reply

Frey, read something else besides that now worthless paper. Watch the interview with Rudy. That worthless paper doesn’t want you to understand what a perjury trap might be in this case. 

If all you see is what the MSM wants you to see, you never will understand what really is going on. 

Read both sides. Then it’s clear who is not reporting on the real news. 

Or, Seymour Hersh is writing a book about what he calls the biggest missed story of all times - or words to that effect. You might just wait for that. 

By cliff-e - Aug. 20, 2018, 8:30 p.m.
Like Reply

If one tells the truth...there should be know concern of perjury. Trump is terrified of what Mueller knows so he plays the stall and stonewall game.

By cfdr - Aug. 20, 2018, 10:05 p.m.
Like Reply

Cliff  -  please read about this before you post - ok?  Read something other than what the MSM wants you to think.

Get out of the echo chamber once in awhile.

In this case - what if Trump gives an answer, thinking it is THE truth, and his lawyer gives a different answer, also thinking it is THE Truth?  Who decides what THE truth is?

You know the answer to that one, don't you?

With the volumes and volumes of information already supplied to Mueller from Trump, why do you suppose Mueller wants an interview?  Can it be more obvious??

By mcfarm - Aug. 20, 2018, 10:41 p.m.
Like Reply

you guys obviously have no idea how a perjury trap happens....threaten a witness or his family and he turns into a composer in the witness stand

By cliff-e - Aug. 21, 2018, 7:02 a.m.
Like Reply

If Trump and his lawyers aren't talking/listening to each other and in agreement about what is to be said...they need to part company. Trump is simply stalling and stonewalling.

By mcfarm - Aug. 21, 2018, 7:08 a.m.
Like Reply

it is not trump and his lawyers. it is the other witnesses under pressure

By carlberky - Aug. 22, 2018, 1:09 p.m.
Like Reply

" Oh what a tamgled web we weave when first we practice to deceive. "

If and when he appears for an interview, he won't take the 5th. That's for those who have something to hide. No, He will fall back on the old  reliable " I don't remember. " or  " Sorry, I just don't recall. "

Some people may believe him. After all, he quite often contradicts something he said yesterday.

By mojo - Aug. 23, 2018, 9:54 a.m.
Like Reply

By frey_1999 - Aug. 23, 2018, 11:24 p.m.
Like Reply

your FOS mcfarm    trap happens when you can not tell the truth.

In a perjury hearing you will not be found guilty if you simply make a mistake or misspeak on the facts.

in order to commit perjury you have to be proven to have know the facts and lied about them.

which is what trump will have to do in order to try to hide the fact that he and his company were laundering money for the Russian Mafia