canadian tariff news for wayne
5 responses | 0 likes
Started by mcfarm - Aug. 30, 2018, 10:29 a.m.
Comments
By wglassfo - Aug. 30, 2018, 9:01 p.m.
Like Reply

I am surprised Trump does not ask  Canada to adopt USA health care system

By mcfarm - Aug. 30, 2018, 9:54 p.m.
Like Reply

lots of good things down here...cut your strings

By wglassfo - Aug. 31, 2018, 1:37 a.m.
Like Reply

I almost  lived in your country for most of 10 yrs

Slept in the bunk, ate greasy truck stop food.

Crossed border at least twice a week but actual time was longer in the USA

Pa. around Lancaster  was pretty at night with candles in windows, but Lordy, some of those hills on 315 [I think if I remember the road, my poor old Mack would only go 35 mile up hill and your brakes were on fire down hill to Harrissburg.  Don't ever drive 212 in a truck. Day time, look around, couldn't find a field bigger than 10 acres and barn yards full of rocks. Always a stop sign at the bottom of a long hill. Good food. home cooked

Hwy 81 up toward Water Town N.Y state, was filled with snow packed pot holes that did not disappear till spring thaw. I drove for 45 minutes up in the hills of Connecticut to find a old mine, to haul bags of some thing out. Not a word of a lie. Nothing over 20 miles an hr. on this dusty goat trail.  In N.Y state, [can't remember the road #] you could take a short cut for 30 miles, saved over 50 miles the long way, but road was so curvy, it was painful. Had a red car behind me, wanted to pass, so I pulled over on the one place that had any shoulder. Zoom, he went by. 5 miles up the road he was parked with the state trooper lights flashing,  ticket book in hand. That was only good thing happened that day

Illinios south of Chicago with country restarants was good food, local families came in, made me home sick but folks not so friendly to talk with. Stuck to their own kind. Good crops every where.

Texas is full of guns, under the dash board, behind the seat, in a carry holster.

Can't get used to the idea of folks floating around in a grave yard if it floods in New Orleans. Hope the ashes of people cremated, stay in their little cubby hole. Any chance it gets mixed with the drinking water. I suppose if you thirsty enough.

Saw Lake ponutrain [sp] Fairly sure, when I saw it, that was a disaster waiting to happen. Boy O boy, do they have some huge barges on the Mississippi, and looks like a tiny, little ole barge running the show.

Oh yes. That causeway going to that Norfolk naval base. Didn't ever want to break down on that piece of road. Took springs from a town close to home to a truck assembly plant close to there.

Drove part way around on the D.C belt way. You wanted to have that part of the journey behind you by 4 A:M or it was a zoo of vechicles, by sun up.

Going up hwy 39 past Chicago off of 1-80 was good scenery, but that toll road in Chicago. 6 toll booths at $1.25 each one. And about a thousand low, over head bridges in Chicago.

South IA , too dang many hills. In fact most of IA is hills growing crops.

!-90 was full of plowed up hills used for crops. Soil erosion was terrible

N and south Dakota did not have one straight row in the whole field. Always a pot hole or saline spot or some thing to drive around. Drive in circles all day, out in the fields.

Nebraska looked like a lot of work making it rain from centre pivots

Kansas should have been left to the buffalo

Missouri and the Delta, folks talk funny

Texas and the delta in cotton country had old tractors paint faded, cotton stuck every where. Probably cause the hired help didn't give a dang about keeping machinery looking good, but some of those old Deere tractors had 1000's of hrs. 4440's and 806 was the common tractor to haul cotton with.

Florida offers best chance of farming. One spot, good black land cost 3500/acre and grew two crops/yr.. Potatoes and field corn on one farm. Sold corn to one of your Bk dairy farms

Straw berries, melons and stuff I never heard about, grown in Florida. Only problem was all the cows were skinny as a rail, and every pond of water had a gator.

Western part off the country grows too many rattlers and cactus for my taste. Should have left that land to the Indians

Lake Mead is going dry. Heck to pay when Vegas runs out of water. A shame to have to build a multi million bridge over top of the dam to keep terrorists from blowing up the dam on the old road.. Used to be a  picture post card spot but too many tourists today

Grand Canyon and Mount Rushmore is what it is. Great pictures to remember, but not goona live there.

One is up in the air and one is a hole in the ground.

California, except for the high maintance, beach, eye candy is, well, California. City has to hire street pooper scoopers. Total cost/employee is 187,000/yr. 5 people in hazmat suits with garbage bags, wheel barrow, two  shovels and one person with a clip board.  Did see a high pressure water hose. Need a road map to find your way to the beach.  A million won't buy you a shack to live in. Only in California

Travelled old route 66 for long parts. Did meet an old guy on 66, who collected glass bottles. Visited with him for a couple hrs. Good old guy.

New York city. Just about every street sign was missing. Ask directions and nobody ever been more than 5 blocks from the spot they stood on.

Need some body riding shot gun in the passenger seat around N Jersey plus they also talk funny. On ramps to the Jersey turn pike is a death trap, plus any where 200 miles or closer to New York city is too close for any sane person..

No idea why early settlers wanted to pick up and move west from Illinios.  Just gets worse the farther west you go.

Evan saw Alaska, but not from a truck wind shield. Ran into Mater the tow truck. Guy said was a 1951 int'l harvester L-170 boom truck. Had parts of Dodge and chevy parts, complete with rope tow hook. Old guy said only one true Mater the tow truck. 

So: You see mcfarm, I know a bit about your country.

Even had biscuits and grits, but the grits only once

I will say I like your sweet tea and biscuits better than our Canadian brand.

Warning. Don't buy Canadian sweet tea

Can't say I found much of anything better than home no matter where home may be.

By mcfarm - Aug. 31, 2018, 6:37 a.m.
Like Reply

great read...thanks wayne

By 7475 - Aug. 31, 2018, 8:03 a.m.
Like Reply

Loved that Wayne.

But listen,give the grits a second try-I had to - I treat myself every time I head south.

John