Woodward’s new book hit the Trump like a bomb
9 responses | 0 likes
Started by mojo - Sept. 5, 2018, 8:35 a.m.

On Tuesday, leaks from veteran journalist Bob Woodward’s expose of the Trump presidency titled “Fear: Trump in the White House,” began to emerge.

They paint a troubling picture, to put it lightly. According to excerpts, top aides hid information from the president and expressed outrage at his lack of expertise.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/09/bob-woodwards-new-book-just-hit-trump-white-house-like-bomb-5-shocking-excerpts/

https://www.thedailybeast.com/speed-read-the-most-explosive-revelations-from-bob-woodwards-new-book-inside-trumps-white-house?ref=scroll

Comments
By silverspiker - Sept. 5, 2018, 9:13 a.m.
Like Reply

Defamation and libel by anonymous sources ???

YEP

By mcfarm - Sept. 5, 2018, 9:48 a.m.
Like Reply

sure is funny to get the real story the day after. All the people in the room are 180 degrees opposite of the "anonymous sources"

By wglassfo - Sept. 5, 2018, 10:39 a.m.
Like Reply

Does the person in Timbucktoo or?? think Woodward wrote a book of fiction

Doesn't matter what the White House folks say

It's what the majority of people believe

By metmike - Sept. 5, 2018, 12:25 p.m.
Like Reply

More very entertaining journalism from rawstory. 

Here's one from Woodward that got almost no coverage:

Bob Woodward calls Trump dossier ‘garbage’

https://nypost.com/2017/01/15/bob-woodward-calls-trump-dossier-garbage/

"Woodward also said that “Trump’s point of view” was being “under-reported,” noting that outgoing White House counsel Neil Eggleston could have given the briefing to incoming counsel Don McGahn.

“So Trump’s right to be upset about that,” Woodward said. “And I think if you look at the real chronology and the nature of the battle here, those intelligence chiefs who were the best we’ve had, who were terrific and have done great work, made a mistake here. And when people make mistakes, they should apologize.”

By metmike - Sept. 5, 2018, 1:23 p.m.
Like Reply

mojo,

I deleted your other post from earlier on this same topic......... because it was the same topic.

In the future, if you have a specific topic, like this one about Woodward's new book about Trump and find another link about it after you've already started a thread on that topic, please just reply under the initial post on that topic with the new information.

Don't start a new thread because its another source about the same thing.

By wglassfo - Sept. 5, 2018, 4:30 p.m.
Like Reply

"anonymous sources" 

Woodward and Bernstein wrote several articles about the infamous break in and continued using "anonymous sources" the most famous being "deep throat"

Deep throat was not revealed until several yrs later,  after Nixon had resigned

You all know why sources are anonymous

It happens every day

What a feeble attempt to defend a liar for a president

The presidential liar part is public knowledge, and not "anonymous sources"

By mcfarm - Sept. 5, 2018, 6:28 p.m.
Like Reply

Woodward has been caught on the wrong side of using anonymous sources more than once...had his ass handed to him pretty good but always manages to be welcomed back by the likes of "I was there at the civil war Brian Williams and company"   Wayne for the umpteenth time the people have had it with politicians, the deep swam, the main stream media. Trump told us what he would do as President. He has in reality done more faster than anybody could of guessed....We will keep him as long as he preforms....what he tweets is a side show

By metmike - Sept. 5, 2018, 7:33 p.m.
Like Reply

mojo,

I asked you earlier to not start new threads about the exact same thing that you started a new thread on just hours earlier, just because you have a new link about it.

I deleted the 2nd thread on the same thing and asked that you please put new links about the same thing (on the same day) in the same thread.

So you have added that additional  link in your first post of this thread which is fine but now, just 20 minutes after my post to you, have added the same exact link a 2nd time in this same thread from today.  

For the 2nd time today, I will remove a post of yours,(the 2nd exact link, immediately following the first one) while allowing your expression of the idea to remain. 

I am tolerant of every view on everything here as long as you don't attack or offend another poster and can maintain a modest degree of control when spewing hate filled messages directed at anybody outside of the forum. 

Control continues to be your problem.

I have only had to delete a few  of your posts in the last 3 months when you got out of control and if you had not brought attention to yourself earlier, probably would not have noticed the above facts.

But 2 deletions in 1 day is enough to serve as your first formal warning. I am very busy trying to nurture an environment that features quality posts here, while still allowing everything else. 

You can continue to be in the everything else category but I need you.........as in require you to follow my basic requirements.  

Thanks in advance

By frey_1999 - Sept. 5, 2018, 8:59 p.m.
Like Reply

Name when woodward has been "caught on the wrong side of sources"

nothing in the woodward book is shocking its been confirmed time and again

latest was the oped in the NYT

Trump is a bafone at best and selling this country out for personal gain most likely