Electoral college
5 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Sept. 25, 2018, 2:20 a.m.

Do you think the electoral college should be abolished???

Comments
By TimNew - Sept. 25, 2018, 3:33 a.m.
Like Reply

No.

By carlberky - Sept. 25, 2018, 6:23 a.m.
Like Reply

It's hard to put politics aside, since there are more Dems then Pubs, but I prefer majority rules. The Founding Fathers didn't trust us common folk.   

By mcfarm - Sept. 25, 2018, 7:03 a.m.
Like Reply

the founding fathers saved us from mob rule......trust had nothing to do with it

By TimNew - Sept. 25, 2018, 8 a.m.
Like Reply

Actually,  the founders had little faith in the masses as a voting block and said things to that effect in many ways on many occasions, and I don't think anyone can mount a compelling argument against them on this. Certainly not me.

That's why we have all the checks and balances and the electoral college. They were trying to protect us from ourselves.  It's why the US Federal system has been the most successful experiment in government in the history of the world.

Darn shame we didn't take better care of it, and it may already be too late to fix it. Not that "We the people" could not fix it in one or two election cycles. We're too ignorant and apathetic to undertake the chore.

By mcfarm - Sept. 25, 2018, 10:24 a.m.
Like Reply

wonder about that Tim. It rained last nite so I was home to watch some news. Seems many more people are really teed about the Kavannaugh mess. America's core English law principles are being attacked and when you get idiot lib senators, not to mention people who maintain they are lawyers, actually stating on national tv that judge kavannaugh has no presumption of innocence and must also prove his very innocence, well the libs have just stepped into it big tie with middle Amercia