It's not smart to pick fights with the FBI
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by mojo - Feb. 4, 2018, 8:33 a.m.

Presidents don't win fights with the FBI. Donald Trump apparently wants to learn this lesson the hard way.

Most presidents have had the sense not to bully the FBI by defaming its leaders and — ridiculously — painting its agents as leftist political hacks. Most members of Congress have also understood how unwise it would be to pull such stunts. But Trump and his hapless henchmen on Capitol Hill, led by Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), have chosen the wrong enemy. History strongly suggests they will be sorry.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/opinions/messing-with-the-fbi-trump-doesnt-know-history/2018/02/01/53f94f62-0788-11e8-94e8-e8b8600ade23_story.html

Comments
By mcfarm - Feb. 4, 2018, 9:44 a.m.
Like Reply

just how many times do you and yours have to schooled on this. Who has oversight? Who screwed this investigation up, the FBI. Who then started the fight. Good thing there is oversight

By TimNew - Feb. 4, 2018, 9:55 a.m.
Like Reply

It seems the fuel that drives the leftist mindset is wishful thinking.

They wish Trump would be charged, impeached.

They wish they could provide great healthcare to everyone for free.

They wish they could make education affordable.

They wish that gun laws would eliminate gun violence..

And on and on.  And they seem to think that wishing makes it so...  This, in spite of all the evidence that the harder they wish, the further they get from their objectives.

By cfdr - Feb. 4, 2018, 11:20 a.m.
Like Reply

I think you're right.  It's pretty much what I've said for a very long time - but I've referred to it as moralistic thinking and analytical thinking.  So, should it be a surprise that roughly half of the people think that way?  Or, does this make perfect sense when we consider how everything seems to be designed?

Good and evil need each other.

In markets, bull markets sow the seeds for bear markets, which then sow the seeds for bull markets.

Rational adult thinking people, from how the system is designed, imply the need for snowflakes.

By cfdr - Feb. 4, 2018, 9:50 a.m.
Like Reply

Here I have to say that mojo could very well be correct.  It is obviously foolish to pick a fight with the FBI - even more with what is called the Deep State which includes that FBI.  I'm also reminded of the saying that you should never argue with someone who buys ink by the barrel.

Donald Trump, however, has this obsession with something called the "rule of law" - and it might indeed be his downfall.