Trump on CBS 60 minutes
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Oct. 16, 2018, 6:59 p.m.
Comments
By metmike - Oct. 16, 2018, 7:07 p.m.
Like Reply

In the past, when Trump talked about climate change, it made me cringe because he had no idea what he was talking about(even if he has the exactly right position).

He said some dumb/wrong things that were counterproductive to understanding the truth about climate change.

Not this time. He did ok with his responses. 

Analysis: Trump KO’s ’60 Minutes’ on ‘climate change’ – Trump’s skeptical remarks were ‘scientifically, politically and economically accurate’  

http://www.climatedepot.com/2018/10/14/analysis-trump-kos-60-minutes-on-climate-change-trumps-skeptical-remarks-were-scientifically-politically-and-economically-accurate/?mc_cid=b9bd2fa17f&mc_eid=%5BUNIQID%5D&mc_cid=b9bd2fa17f&mc_eid=b18340ced6

By carlberky - Oct. 16, 2018, 9:24 p.m.
Like Reply

"Trump’s skeptical remarks were ‘scientifically, politically and economically accurate’  "

I wonder if CBS had to submit a list of the questions to be asked before his advisers would agree to the interview.

By metmike - Oct. 16, 2018, 9:34 p.m.
Like Reply

Based on the interview of Lesley Stahl afterwards, it seems pretty clear that the questions were not given to her or known by him beforehand.

I think that her response about him doing the interview to garner support ahead of the elections is exactly right. 

Trump and his wife are doing appearances out the wazoo and this will continue. Look for numerous Trump rallies across the country in the weeks ahead.

By cfdr - Oct. 16, 2018, 9:53 p.m.
Like Reply

Stahl was clearly out to "get" Trump, but he pretty much "owned" her, IMHO.

He makes it look easy by simply telling the truth and not worrying about being PC or getting caught in a lie.  Of course, if he wasn't as smart as he is, that wouldn't work all that well, would it.