Fascinating power struggle - much better than fiction.
16 responses | 0 likes
Started by cfdr - Oct. 27, 2018, 9:07 a.m.

For those who are fascinated by what goes on "behind the curtain" - real life now beats fiction hands down.

This is an article, with numerous links to back up material, that goes into why Mueller was appointed and why the president is powerless to do anything about the on-going coverup.

https://tinyurl.com/ycdnjdgr

Robert Mueller was carefully selected by James Baker and Andrew McCabe, and hired by Rod Rosenstein therein, specifically to cover for the DOJ and FBI activity that preceded the firing of James Comey.  From the corrupt small group perspective Mueller’s role had two essential aspects:

♦(1) Create an investigation – Just by creating the investigation it is then used as a shield by any corrupt FBI/DOJ official who would find himself/herself under downstream congressional investigation.  Former officials being deposed/questioned by IG Horowitz or Congress could then say they are unable to answer those questions due to the ongoing special counsel investigation.  In this way Mueller provides cover.

♦(2)  Use the investigation to keep any and all inquiry focused away from the corrupt DOJ and FBI activity that took place in 2016, 2016, 2017.  Keep the media narrative looking somewhere, anywhere, other than directly at the epicenter of the issues.

In both of these objectives the Mueller special counsel has been stunningly effective.  From the White House position, the special counsel has been frustratingly effective in their protection of a false narrative around ‘muh Russia’.

Where are we now?

So long as the Mueller probe exists, the prior corrupt FBI and DOJ conduct remains hidden.  One of the more important intentions of the probe is to do exactly that.  This Mueller outcome also protects DAG Rosenstein from sunlight upon his involvement in creating the probe under false pretense.

This also explains why the extent of Andrew McCabe’s legal issues have been stretched-out and obfuscated.  The DOJ decision-maker on McCabe is not Jeff Sessions; he is recused.  The decision-maker is DAG Rosenstein.  So long as McCabe is protected, Rosenstein is also safe from scrutiny. It’s a vicious circle.

The possible end-game?

However, President Trump ultimately controls the validity of the IG report, If it doesn’t contain clear evidence of the abuse that fingers McCabe and the usurpers the declassification documents will.  DAG Rosenstein is likely hopeful he can navigate long enough to see the IG report identify McCabe as the central suspect in the operation.  Then Rosenstein will have a fall-guy for his duplicity in the scheme; he will say he too was conned by Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe and possibly James Baker.

And, as for what I've been saying all along,

For Team Clinton, Andrew McCabe is the fall-guy; who he might also possibly take down in is a matter of prior relationship building and DC horsetrading. To understand the difference between Team Clinton and Team Obama – SEE HERE

Nothing likely touches Team Obama (Lynch, Comey, Rice, etc.)

Note that "nothing touches Team Obama" because of these political DC games, and NOT because the Obama administration was free from massive corruption.

Fascinating stuff.  But, you have to keep the approach to "Get the popcorn, the circus is in town."

Comments
By mojo - Oct. 27, 2018, 9:51 a.m.
Like Reply

One question, what is the alleged misconduct by the DOJ & FBI that they want to cover up?

By cfdr - Oct. 27, 2018, 12:10 p.m.
Like Reply

You spend as much time on the net as you do and you do not know this??

Mojo, you need to occasionally get out of the echo chamber you live in!

Note to others reading this - here is the problem today.  There are huge numbers of people who don't know - and don't even want to know - what has happened in Washington DC during the last few years.  They are in full-blown "pick a side and fight" mode.  This might just be the biggest scandal ever in Washington DC - if, indeed, it ever does see the light of day.

Mojo, I'm not even going to begin to answer your question, as, by now, I know that it isn't even an honest question.  If you really wanted to know, just read.

Or, as I've said, wait for Sy Hersh's book.  He is not known for being a right wing journalist.

By mojo - Oct. 27, 2018, 8:34 p.m.
Like Reply

Ah-ha! Just as I suspected, you aren't able to answer that simple question, because there wasn't any actual wrong doing by the DOJ or the FBI, they were just doing their jobs, doing what we pay them to do.

By cfdr - Oct. 27, 2018, 10:47 p.m.
Like Reply

Mojo, is this a picture of you and your mom??

By carlberky - Oct. 28, 2018, 7:22 a.m.
Like Reply

"This is an article, with numerous links to back up material, that goes into why Mueller was appointed and why the president is powerless to do anything about the on-going coverup."

cfdr, I read your reference post and all the links and I found nothing but conjecture and opinion.

If I overlook some facts, correct me, but please don't answer with more opinion or ridicule.. 

By cfdr - Oct. 28, 2018, 9:06 p.m.
Like Reply

If I have answered posts from you in the past, Carl, with what seemed to be ridicule, I do apologize.  I have a very strong belief that present movements are hastening the demise of this country, and I do react aggressively at times.  But, again, I respect your opinions, and I do not wish to appear to be disrespectful.

I wish I had more time right now, but, even though I'm well past retirement age, I am in the middle of harvest.  So, I would like to come back to this in a few days when I have some time, as I feel it is important.

But, yes, what I posted is mostly opinion.  When the facts are purposely hidden from our view by people in the DOJ and the FBI, we are left with trying to figure out what has really been going on.  Why have the DOJ and the FBI fought their congressional oversight committees month after month - turning into years now?  Why have they refused to produce - to the committees that are responsible for overseeing them - information about things like what was presented to the FISA court to get wiretaps on Carter Page - and the Trump campaign?  Why was Robert Mueller appointed, when, according to texts from Peter Strzok who said that there was no "there" there?  Why has it been impossible for the oversight committee to get information about this?

If we assume that Peter Strzok was echoing what was known at the time, what was the real purpose behind creating Mueller's investigation?  Sure, it's speculation - but if the congressional oversight committees could get the information they have been demanding, we would know the facts, wouldn't we?  Why the reluctance to follow the law?

There is just such a long list here - but I don't have time right now.  

By mojo - Oct. 28, 2018, 9:28 p.m.
Like Reply

cfdr, you need to get out of the echo chamber & read other sources of news besides Fox & Breitbart so you can get the news from a different angle & be better informed than you currently are.

By cfdr - Oct. 31, 2018, 9:20 p.m.
Like Reply

More working to connect the dots.

https://tinyurl.com/yd8tlz3v

CTH dug a little deeper – Mr. Charles Tawil, the guy who reached out to Papadopoulos in Greece; and who ultimately gave Papadopoulos $10,000 in cash; was a previous intelligence asset of the CIA and FBI.

. . .

Who was the FBI Director in 2006?  Why, Robert Mueller of course.

The $10,000 payment to Papadopoulos was almost guaranteed to be a sting operation; a set-up.

Federal agents were waiting for Papadopoulos at the airport upon his arrival and re-entry into the U.S.  If Mr. Papadopoulos had carried that $10k into the U.S. without declaring a U.S. treasury filing, the FBI/DOJ would have nailed him on a treasury violation.

We need more popcorn.  The circus not only gives no indication of leaving town, but the main acts appear yet to come into the ring!

By mojo - Nov. 1, 2018, 10:29 a.m.
Like Reply

When you cut through all the noise & crap, the bottom line is, if Trump was so innocent of all the charges against him he would want to voluntarily sit down with Mueller for a one on one interview to clear his name & get all this behind him. I'm sure you've noticed that he is still refusing to do so. What does that tell you?

By TimNew - Nov. 1, 2018, 10:34 a.m.
Like Reply

Yeah. Caution in the midst of a 2 year witch hunt rife with documented bias.   How stupid does he think we are?

By mojo - Nov. 1, 2018, 1:24 p.m.
Like Reply

It's only a witch hunt when they don't catch any witches. So far, Mueller has caught 32 of them witches.

That's a pretty successful witch hunt.

By TimNew - Nov. 1, 2018, 1:34 p.m.
Like Reply

How many have anything to do with Trump or the campaign?

By mojo - Nov. 1, 2018, 1:37 p.m.
Like Reply

All of them have connections to the Trump campaign.

By TimNew - Nov. 1, 2018, 3:40 p.m.
Like Reply

That's true,  but none of the actual indictments do.

By cfdr - Nov. 1, 2018, 5:22 p.m.
Like Reply

And all the while this part of the circus is going on in ring #1, in ring #2 The Donald has been very busy.

Here is the same person connecting the dots in Trump's dealings with China.

https://tinyurl.com/y9ysj8su

Squeeze #1. President Trump and Treasury Secretary Mnuchin sanctioned Venezuelaand cut off their access to expanded state owned oil revenue. Venezuela needs more money. China and Russia are already leveraged to the gills in Venezuela and hold 49% of Citgo as collateral for loans outstanding.  China and Russia now need to loan more, directly.

However, China cannot engage in economic commerce with Venezuela or they risk losing access to the U.S. banking system.  Therefore all current Chinese aid to Maduro comes in the form of IOUs.  These ongoing loans are likely impossible to be repaid.

Squeeze #2. China’s geopolitical ally, Russia, is already squeezed with losses in energy revenue because of President Trump’s approach toward oil, LNG and coal. Trump, through allies including Saudi Arabia, EU, France (North Africa energy), and domestic production has influenced global energy prices.  Additionally, President Trump is demanding NATO countries, specifically Germany, stop supporting financial dependence on Russia.

Meanwhile, and directly connected, Russia is bleeding out financially in Syria. Iran is the financial reserve, but they too are energy price dependent and President Trump is now putting pressure on Iran vis-a-vis new sanctions and new demands on allies.

Squeeze #3. In 2017 Trump and Secretary Tillerson, now Secretary Pompeo, put Pakistan on notice they need to get involved in bringing their enabled tribal “extremists” (Taliban) to the table in Afghanistan. Pakistan’s primary investor and economic partner is China. The U.S. removed $900 million in financial support to pressure Pakistan toward a political solution in Afghanistan, China has to fill void.  [NOTE: Last month the World Bank began discussions about a financial bailout for Pakistan.]  Again, more one-way bleed for China.

Squeeze #4. China’s primary economic threat (competition) is next door in India. President Trump has embraced India as leverage over China in trade and pledged ongoing favorable trade deals. The key play is MFN (Most Favored Nation) trade status might flip from China to India. That’s a big play.  It would have massive ramifications.

Squeeze #5. President Trump launched a USTR Section 301 Trade Investigation into China’s theft of intellectual property. This encompasses every U.S. entity that does manufacturing business with China, particularly aeronautics and technology, and also reaches into the financial services sector.

Squeeze #6. President Trump, Secretary Ross, Secretary Mnuchin and USTR Robert Lighthizer dissolved NAFTA. One of the primary objectives of team U.S.A. was to close the 3rd party loopholes, including dumping and origination, that China uses to gain backdoor access to the U.S. market and avoid trade/tariff restrictions. [China sends parts to Mexico and Canada for assembly and then back-door entry into the U.S. via NAFTA.]

Squeeze #7. President Trump has been open, visible and vocal about his intention to shift to bilateral trade renegotiation with China and Southeast Asia immediately after Team U.S.A. concludes with NAFTA. [Current discussions with Japan are ongoing]

Squeeze #8. President Trump positioned the U.S. relationship with the E.U. as a massive potential loss for Europe (via Steel, Aluminum, and Auto tariffs) if they did not: (A) shift their trade relationship toward greater reciprocity; and (B) reconsider the size of their trade relationship with China.  After initially trying to push-back, Europe acquiesced.

Squeeze #9. President Trump has positioned ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) as trade benefactors for assistance with North Korea. Last year the KORUS (South Korea and U.S.) trade deal was renegotiated, and announced in March. The relationship between ASEAN nations and the Trump administration is very strong, and getting stronger. Which leads to…

Squeeze #10. President Trump has formed an economic and national security alliance with Shinzo Abe of Japan. It is not accidental that North Korea’s Kim Jong-un fired his last missile over the Northern part of Japan. Quite simply, Beijing told him to.  However…

Squeeze #11. President Trump cut-off the duplicitous Beijing influence over North Korea by engaging directly with Kim Jong-un.  The open exchange and ongoing dialogue has removed much of the ability of Beijing to leverage the DPRK nuclear threat for their own economic benefit.  This dialogue was as much, if not more, about dismantling the Beijing geopolitical influence as it was about denuclearizing the Korean peninsula.  However, no-one caught on to that part of the strategy.

Note:  This is what journalists used to do - when they were still journalists.  Today, most of the MSM "journalists" are too busy trying to keep people dumb about what has been going on to even take a look at reality.

By Lacey - Nov. 2, 2018, 1:27 p.m.
Like Reply

It all comes down to fake news.  If all you watch are those media outlets that said Hillary won by 10 points, you only watch fake news.  So all your information is false.