Soybeans from you to S.W Ontario and on to china
5 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Nov. 7, 2018, 12:06 p.m.

Seeems as if what I hear is true, us Canadians are unloading your soybeans at Windsor terminal and surrounding elevators for trans shipment by laker boats/trucks to eveqntually sell into the china market. Reason being I "think" this is correct because most all the elevators were full and corn harvest had barely begun. So although somebody must be making a dollar or two, we are at least shipping as much as we can to china and helping you folks out, at least from the Ohio/Toldeo area. We have limited shipping capacity and a short season before freeze up, but the grain trucks are running heavy to Goodrich which is another terminal to load lake boats. I have no idea what those trucks are hauling but soybeans would be my guess.

Lake boats unload on the St Lawerence seaway terminals, into ocean boats for a trip to china.

Seems a shame that it takes basis adjustment to approx. 7.00 to get beans to china, but we are helping all we can, even if it is by default and money in somebodies pocket. Forget all that I said in a previous post about domestic production etc. If there is money, seems people have a blind eye for the rules.

At least we have our own dryer and bins which is open 24/7 so we did not get caught with elevators full and corn harvest just starting. Plus that was too far out of our area and not feasible to truck and fill our elevators.

Comments
By cliff-e - Nov. 7, 2018, 8:59 p.m.
Like Reply

Not surprised at all by this. In 1979 during the Russian grain embargo they still ended up getting US grown grain but thru different channels. So now we have Don the Con's tariff BS that ruined our grain markets but China is still getting US grown grain. Trump screwed the US farmer and 3rd party grain brokers are making off like bandits. On the flip side our fertilizer prices have increased 10+% due to SA growers being able to contract new crop for "at par CME prices" to encourage expansion so the fertilizer was shipped to SA instead of US farmers. There again Trump's tariffs have screwed the US farmer via higher input costs.

By mcfarm - Nov. 8, 2018, 6:34 a.m.
Like Reply

don the con ruined our grain markets......that is factual false and been proven here time after time for the last 6 months....cliff you not Bill Clinton and if you repeat something often enough it still does not make it true...on top of that it get real old real fast

By cliff-e - Nov. 8, 2018, 10:51 a.m.
Like Reply
By frey_1999 - Nov. 9, 2018, 8:36 a.m.
Like Reply

That are at best missleading  and at worst a direct lie 

Show were its been proven that trump's trade war has not damaged farm prices

By cfdr - Nov. 10, 2018, 9:28 a.m.
Like Reply

Show were its been proven that trump's trade war has not damaged farm prices

frey, if you have a reading/comprehension problem, please read this several times.

NO ONE HAS EVER SAID THAT TARIFFS HAVE NOT DAMAGED FARM PRICES.

Interesting that this is the same problem in most arguments about global warming.  No one has ever said that there has been no warming.  No one has ever said that man made CO2 has not caused warming.

It's a puzzle to me, but once again, I marvel at the differences in how peoples' brains are hard-wired.