Sessions out as AG
17 responses | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - Nov. 7, 2018, 3:11 p.m.

I think Trey Gowdy would be a supercalifragilisticexpialadoscios replacement. 

Comments
By mcfarm - Nov. 7, 2018, 3:26 p.m.
Like Reply

I really thought that sessions was a good choice....boy was I ever wrong...unless something really big was going on in the background he was as useless as tits on a boar.....Gowdy would be  great choice but when he made his farewell speech he was determined to go home to family and friends.....and w=away from the sewer of dc...I suppose a call from the President might change a guys mind but he seemed determined

By joj - Nov. 7, 2018, 7:25 p.m.
Like Reply

According to 538 this puts Muller on shaky ground.  Perhaps that will force Muller to move faster?

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-jeff-sessionss-resignation-could-mean-for-the-mueller-investigation/

By mcfarm - Nov. 7, 2018, 7:39 p.m.
Like Reply

move faster and do what? release some private report that the public will not be able to see {likely} or release some short notes version that contains half truths with no relationship to Russian collusion {because the only place there was collusion was from the Clintons} which he claims he is forbidden to look at...what a cluster in other words

By frey_1999 - Nov. 7, 2018, 11:51 p.m.
Like Reply

Well any working with the dems just went out the window. It will. E interesting to see if the Turtle  has a spine  as he is on record saying  firing  Sessios would be unacceptable.  My guess he doesn't and plays the part of a pasty. So now that trump has lost his stooge Nunes he now will depend on the two pi$$ poor excuses of SCOTUS justices to cover his rather large butt

By TimNew - Nov. 8, 2018, 3:42 a.m.
Like Reply

Mueller's mission has been completed. Based on the rather benign midterms,  it will be deemed a failure and he is of no further use to the dem party. He'll fade into obscurity as the left begins the process of pretending none of this ever happened while they move on to the next scandal. 

By mcfarm - Nov. 8, 2018, 6:31 a.m.
Like Reply

correcto Tim a the left's new committee leaders announced their agendas yesterday and boy have they ever stepped into it already...number 1 are Trump's tax returns.....wow that ought to be so  pleasing to the voting public. Next on the list, impeach Kavannugh, one of the most qualified judges ever appointed. And of course pencil dick from California has already announced a new and deeper investigation into what? Those dastardly Russians of course and all the Trump collusion.....what a fine agenda all mapped out. The voters will respond and not kindly.

By carlberky - Nov. 8, 2018, 7:02 a.m.
Like Reply

IMHO, now that the midterms have past, Mueller's report will be released in a few days.

By TimNew - Nov. 8, 2018, 7:50 a.m.
Like Reply

Would not surprise me one bit, and I bet it's a big nuffin burger that a few will attempt to dramatize for a few minutes...   But if it had significance,  we'd have seen it before the midterms.

We're already gearing up for the next "nuffin burger".  "THE <GASP> TRUMP TAX RETURN SCANDAL!!!!"

By cfdr - Nov. 8, 2018, 8:55 a.m.
Like Reply

IMHO, now that the midterms have past, Mueller's report will be released in a few days.

That would be my guess too, Carl.  After all, what has it been - well over a year?  And, many millions of dollars?

And, I'm guessing that Mueller does not want an active AG looking over his shoulder.  Or - redefining the scope of his investigation to include wrongdoing by the Obama DOJ.

Sessions firing could not be a surprise to anyone.  With Schiff, Waters, and others so anxious to go after Donald Trump, it is not surprising that the president would want a war-time AG.  Jeff Sessions made it clear early on that he would not investigate the previous administration.  I understood his point on this - it would set a dangerous precedent.  But now that some of the BSC (bat-s*** crazy) are chomping at the bit to wage war, Trump feels that he has no choice but to get ready to do battle.

Notice how Nancy Pelosi has turned away from this wing of the Party?  She is talking about working with the President where possible.  And, the President has expressed similar intentions.  Pelosi knows what a full-blown war will be, and she apparently wants to avoid it.  I have no doubt that there are secrets that Donald Trump has that he would not like to see come out.  How can he not, being in the business he was in for so long - in the middle of the second most corrupt place in the US?  And, from what we have been hearing for the last two years, the Democrats have lots and lots of things they do not want to see the light of day.  Just look at the resistance in declassifying documents.

So, when The Donald first announced that he was a candidate, I told my wife (and others) to - get the popcorn, the circus is in town.  Well, the circus gives no indication that it is anywhere near ready to leave town.  In fact, if Nancy and Donald cannot head off the war, the main acts might finally enter the ring.

Anyway, IMHO, the only way to remain sane and look at this is like it is a circus.

We might need a lot more popcorn.

By joj - Nov. 8, 2018, 8:59 a.m.
Like Reply

Prejudging a Mueller report based on all the information you are privy to?  It may be nothing.  It may be something.  I don't know.  

I do have one question.  Given that Trump was unable to secure financing from banks in the latter half of his career (because they think he's unreliable), the question is where did he get the money?  Russian mob?  Would taxes reveal that?  Again, I don't know.  Is money laundering something that "doesn't count" because we elected him knowing he was a thug?  Or... does it lead to Putin (who basically runs the whole shebang in Russia).

I don't know the answer to these questions.  But apparently the Trump apologists do already.  Nuffin' burger.

And one other question:  Will Trump keep up with the "invasion" coming from South America.  You know the ones who are bringing "leprosy and small pox" (which don't exist anymore).   Or was THAT a big nothing burger that will fade into the rear view mirror, having served his purpose, like all his other BS?

By cfdr - Nov. 8, 2018, 10:11 a.m.
Like Reply

OH, joj, I saw I had a reply, and i was hoping for a serious discussion rather than just another TDS post.

By TimNew - Nov. 8, 2018, 10:11 a.m.
Like Reply

I am basing my GUESS on the outcome of Mueller's investigation  on observations.  It's a pretty good guess IMO,  but we won't know for sure till we do.

Trumps taxes?   Have you ever run a corporation?  If they go after his 1040 only,  it will show squeaky clean, no matter what.  Some w2's and assorted transactions between him and the corps in the form of 1099's for dividends and what not. Some clever expenses.  Nothing of note .  Then we'll see cherry picking and misinterpretation (Ala; the Romney Dancing Horse nonsense) that will amount to nothing.

And if you then want to go after all of his corporate filings,  we'll spend years and years, likely finding nothing, because these are all legally filed documents, and if the IRS found nothing, there's a darn good chance no one else will either.  Best outcome?  Long after his 4, or even 8 years,  we'll get some speculation about what this particular line item on such and such a form that no ones ever heard about before could possibly suggest something a little off..

But, in the meanwhile,  we'll get lots of baseless accusations, that amount to little more than political capital for his opponents..  Just like we've seen in ... (Choose any number of scandals for the last 2 years)

By cfdr - Nov. 8, 2018, 10:34 a.m.
Like Reply

You could be right, Tim.  But - should he be required to open his tax returns up for his enemies?  That could be the question that first needs to be answered.

As for Mueller - after all this time and millions of dollars, I would be amazed if Mueller didn't have at least a few surprises up his sleeve.  I'm guessing that there is a whole lot of horse-trading going on in Corruption Center, USA.  I'm guessing that there are a whole lot of people there who desperately do not want all the cans of worms opened.  Think about Britain's reaction to the threat to declassify what was behind the application to the FISA court - and you wouldn't think that would be such a big deal for another sovereign country.  Personally, I would love to see every can of worms opened in Corruption City.

But, again, think about the activity now under the surface to avoid this.  It has become obvious that Donald Trump doesn't want to go down this road.  But, the question seems now to be - can the more rational Democrats control the BSCrazy ones?

I'm worried we'll run out of popcorn!

By joj - Nov. 8, 2018, 10:47 a.m.
Like Reply

cfdr - (TDS post aside) ... Short of learning that Trump is a Russian agent, I have no desire to see Trump impeached.  But the refrain from his supporters that Mueller has found "nothing" is astonishing to me.  All the indictments surrounding Trump's team suggests that Mueller's findings are worth listening to.   Firing Comey because of the Russia investigation (Trump's words not mine) was worse than bad form.

Circus, as you say, is the order of the day.  Nothing will get done in the next 2 years, which is a shame.  We need legislation for infrastructure badly.

By TimNew - Nov. 8, 2018, 11:20 a.m.
Like Reply

You put any long time DC operative under a microscope,   and you'll find something.   But none of these indictments are relevant to the intent of the investigation, which was to find irregularities in the election.

By cfdr - Nov. 8, 2018, 12:03 p.m.
Like Reply

joj:

But the refrain from his supporters that Mueller has found "nothing" is astonishing to me.

Yes, jumping to that conclusion is very premature.  Too much effort and money spent to not have some surprises.

Firing Comey because of the Russia investigation (Trump's words not mine) was worse than bad form.

The only "bad form" in Trump firing Comey was the way it was done.  I fault Donald Trump for the inability to fire people face to face.  And, in the case of Rex Tillerson, I fault Trump big time for the way he did it.

But, in firing Comey, the main problem was that he did not do it immediately after the election.  Even the Democrats were furious with him.  It was clear at that time that Comey had no business heading the FBI.

Plus, the President had the right to fire him - period.  He didn't have to justify it to anyone.

Tim:

You put any long time DC operative under a microscope,   and you'll find something.

Yes.  Also, living in the NY real estate market is probably the same.

But, think about the current situation.  Just my thoughts, but think about how many really big cans of worms there are that could be opened.  It was Waters, wasn't it, who commented on the files Obama had to use politically?  Think about the Clintons and what they have to have amassed after over twenty-five years in Corruption City.  On the other side, we all know (whether or not we want to admit it) how corrupt the DOJ and the FBI have been, and how illegal Hillary's actions have been.  Nancy Pelosi is a smart person, and she knows that these cans of worms are much better left sealed.  Donald Trump is a smart person, and he knows the dangers of open warfare.

High stakes poker being played over the next couple of months.

By joj - Nov. 8, 2018, 8:48 p.m.
Like Reply

The president has the right to fire whom ever he likes.  He didn't owe anyone an explanation.  BUT.... He did GIVE an explanation.  He did it because of the Russia investigation.  Pretty straight forward.  That ain't right.