Impeachment affect
35 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Dec. 28, 2018, 8:04 p.m.

How do you think the USA or world investment community, would re-act,  if impeachment proceedings were brought against Trump

I forget what happened when Clinton or Nixon faced impeachment

Dems seem hell bent on impeachment so I think such an event deserves some thought

In Canada we have a vote of no confidence and immediately have an election. No fooling around. If the people think the PM is a scroundrel, then he is gone. Or the people might decide the PM deserves to stay. It all happens so fast the world does not even know or care At least the people/voters decide what happens.

With Trump things would be a whole lot different, and I have to think the financial world would at least know which way the wind is blowing.

Comments
By frey_1999 - Dec. 28, 2018, 9:35 p.m.
Like Reply

The dems will not be the ones to impeach Trump just like with Nixon the Republicans will do the removal of trump 

By Lacey - Dec. 28, 2018, 11 p.m.
Like Reply

Don't think he gets impeached.  More likely 4 more years.

By Jim_M - Dec. 29, 2018, 7:04 a.m.
Like Reply

I agree Lacey.  Democrats can't fathom that thereare quite a few Americans that want legal immigration and some sort of barrier between the US and Mexico.  Trump will ride that horse to another 4 years.  If he gets concessions from China over trade, he will get something that no other Presidents for generations has been able to do.  That won't hurt him either, no matter how unstable his Twitter rants might make him seem.  

By silverspiker - Dec. 29, 2018, 5:43 p.m.
Like Reply

more

years...

ride the white horse

By patrick - Dec. 29, 2018, 7:42 p.m.
Like Reply

The thing that scares me about impeachment is what would follow a failed one
If we make it through a successful impeachment without a war with Canada, that would be a moderate plus.
Shoot at the King and miss? GOD help us.

By silverspiker - Dec. 29, 2018, 8:57 p.m.
Like Reply

?

... does not sound very patriotic son...

By MarkB - Dec. 30, 2018, 3:01 a.m.
Like Reply

This is no where near comparable to either Nixon or Clinton. And you are extremely shortsighted to even think it might be.

By joj - Dec. 30, 2018, 7:32 a.m.
Like Reply

Both Nixon and Clinton impeachment prospects led to a sizable downturn in the markets.  I don't think it is an issue of policy concerns.   Pence wouldn't change tax policy.  The issue is fear of constitutional crisis.  For example if the Supreme court were to rule that this or that subpoena were valid and Trump refused to obey the ruling.  These things scare the markets.  But in both '98 and '74 the market swoons were a buy.  

Trump is the sort of character who might just say "F.U." to the court.

Still, I doubt that he will be removed from office.  You need 67 votes in the Senate.  His base 35% love him.  I haven't seen a single poster adjust their opinion of him in the past 2 years.  I think Trump is correct that he could murder someone in broad daylight and the base would still support him.  Republicans remove him at their own political peril.

By Lacey - Dec. 30, 2018, 9:33 a.m.
Like Reply

Same with Hillary.  Maybe 100 people have accidentally died or gone missing but the Dems base could care less.

By frey_1999 - Dec. 30, 2018, 9:40 a.m.
Like Reply

you might be right Mark  

Nixon was a bout power and paranoia

Clinton was about sex

Trump is about selling out our country to the highest bidder and the cover up that follows

The Market will price in a impeachment process before it ever happens what it will not price in is the reaction of trump to the process as he very well might try to do a military coup to stay in power. if that is the case then all bets are off as He will most likely crater the whole country.

By frey_1999 - Dec. 30, 2018, 9:42 a.m.
Like Reply

would it be possible for you to show any proof of your claim about Hillary?

you could even start a new thread in teh NTR section for that

By silverspiker - Dec. 30, 2018, 11:21 a.m.
Like Reply

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling

By metmike - Dec. 30, 2018, 11:12 p.m.
Like Reply

"would it be possible for you to show any proof of your claim about Hillary?

you could even start a new thread in teh NTR section for that"

Great idea frey!

Then maybe you could also respond in that thread with proof of your statement on the previous post in this thread:

"Trump is about selling out our country to the highest bidder and the cover up that follows"

By frey_1999 - Dec. 31, 2018, 12:16 a.m.
Like Reply

I will answer you right here Mike 

The Russians paid trump 4 million in the trump tower Moscow deal that fell thru then you have the Saudi's who rented over $1 million worth of rooms at trump hotels that they never used by them. 

Just coincidence I suppose

Those are just two known and proven examples. 

Btw it would be nice if you would demand out trump supporters the same you demand f ft on his detractors but I won't hold my breath.

By metmike - Dec. 31, 2018, 9:59 a.m.
Like Reply

frey,

When I asked you to provide proof of your wild/unsubstantiated accusation accusing Trump of selling our country out, you responded with deals that happened with wildly speculative assertions on how this somehow means that Trump was selling the US out well before he was president and has absolutely ZERO to do with how the president is selling out our country, other than that he had business with those countries(and dozens others) to feed complete garbage into minds that are using garbage to fuel their hate Trump cult.

Then, you responded by suggesting that I am picking on you for putting your complete garbage..........on the trading forum. You only see garbage when it disagrees with your point of view.

However, you did make one good point earlier, this garbage belongs in the NTR forum.

My first post was not worded properly, so I fixed it.

By metmike - Dec. 31, 2018, 10:03 a.m.
Like Reply

I would have moved this thread over much earlier but our son is still in ICU in Denver. 

By frey_1999 - Dec. 31, 2018, 10:31 a.m.
Like Reply

And yet not one word to Lacey about his claim that Hillary was responsible for 100 people that are dead or missing.

funny how that works

By frey_1999 - Dec. 31, 2018, 10:41 a.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - Dec. 31, 2018, 11:06 a.m.
Like Reply

That's your evidence that the president is selling out our country????

My wife and I need to get to the ICU to see our son. You are welcome to continue to entertain yourself by posting things that you think make a connection to Trump selling out our country. If I see one with substantive, legit evidence, I'll let you know tonight.

The other side has just as much right to post Clinton stuff too here in the NTR forum. 

Why am I only confronting you on the issue?

You are/were the guy being the hypocrite and getting carried away with your crazy Trump allegations(again) and not a shred of legit evidence that points to selling out our country. Evidence of business transactions is not evidence of selling out our country. 

There actually is a ton of evidence of Clinton doing it while she was in office. 

Lacey's statement suggesting that Clinton killed 100 people is clearly a wild speculation that is pretty far fetched. However, he isn't telling us this constantly and telling you that you shouldn't post your NTR stuff on the trading forum out of the other side of his mouth. 

No, I'm not a republican. 

Have a great day!

By frey_1999 - Dec. 31, 2018, 1:14 p.m.
Like Reply

I have stated many times its not a republican thing or a dem thing it is a trump thing.

although with how the republicans are acting with the investigation of trump it is sliding more and more to a republican thing. 

So there is 35 indictments and some dozen convictions or guilty pleas without a shred of evidence,and everyone of them admitting to have lied to cover up dealings they had with or for trump.

Your right NO evidence

BTW -  you claim there is evidence on clinton selling out the country why with this evidence and 12 yrs of the republicans running at least a dozen different investigation on Hillary can they not get a conviction? are they truly that incompetent?

btw I am by NO Stretch a Hillary fan  and think it was a mistake to run her. when she couldn't beat Obama that told you all you needed to know. Biden and Kasich would have been a good race and Our country would have been way better off with either of them.  

By TimNew - Dec. 31, 2018, 1:47 p.m.
Like Reply

So, you also feel Dillinger was innocent of everything except tax evasion, right?

Funny thing happened on the way to Hillary's last indictment.  Comey found lot's of chargeable offenses.  There are people doing time for similar and even less severe offenses.  But gosh darn it,  there was no intent!!  Even hammers and bleaching software did not constitute intent.  Weird,  Huh?  

As I've mentioned,   you ask any 100 people how many people they know who have committed suicide, died in suspicious accidents or were murdered, most will say none..  A few will say 1 or 2.  The Clintons?  100 or so. And many of these people were potential witnesses against them.  Weird  Huh?

By frey_1999 - Dec. 31, 2018, 2:21 p.m.
Like Reply

Ah yes the old seven degrees of Bill and Hillary Clinton

an Auto Mechanic dies because his car hits a telephone pole but because he has a donation check for Bill Clinton its Clinton's fault.  

and again the Vince Foster lie brought up no matter how many times it is disproved

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/vince-foster-avoid-testifying/

you really need to get better material 

By TimNew - Dec. 31, 2018, 2:35 p.m.
Like Reply

Yeah, right.  Vince Foster and a auto mechanic..   Actually, there are a few more than that.

https://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2016/08/10/the-list-of-clinton-associates-whove-died-mysteriously-check-it-out/

BTW,  SNopes has been discredited so many times,   you may want to look elsewhere.

By wglassfo - Dec. 31, 2018, 2:45 p.m.
Like Reply

Seems to me there was a committee investigation into the Clinton Foundation in which a couple of whistle blowers and others gave evidence that the Clinton Foundation was not a tax free charity foundation

Evidence was presented that the Clintons used the foundation as their own personal and family piggy bank

Further evidence showed they owed taxes on some where between 400 million and 2.5 billion, as the investigation was not complete and the witness simply did not know

The whistle blowers refused to give the committee the numerous pages of documents as they wanted to keep control of the documents in presentation to the IRS

The reward the IRS was offering I believe was 30% of the funds collected by the tax evasion fraud

I watched this on live video from the committee room as the whistle blowers gave evidence

I don't know if this belongs in this thread except the posts seem to have swung to the clintons

By Lacey - Dec. 31, 2018, 8:19 p.m.
Like Reply

Frey, zerohedge had a piece from a poster of about a dozen convenient deaths related to security people or others involved with their care that possibly witnessed something that the Clinton team felt needed to be silenced.  I do not have time to go find it. If I come across it again, I will post it.

By Lacey - Dec. 31, 2018, 8:24 p.m.
Like Reply

And Frey the Saudis spend that kind of money at any hotel they go to because of the size of their entourage.  Like Michael Jackson.  Nobody pisses money away like the Saudis.

By TimNew - Dec. 31, 2018, 8:30 p.m.
Like Reply

You have to realize that we have people, Frey and assorted others, that appear to be convinced that the Clintons are selfless civil servants who put the good of the country ahead of their own.  Seriously.  I'm not kidding.  Really.  I mean it.  They really appear to believe that. 

By mojo - Jan. 1, 2019, 7:59 a.m.
Like Reply

You have to realize that we have people, Tim and assorted others, that appear to be convinced that the Trumps are selfless civil servants who put the good of the country ahead of their own.  Seriously.  I'm not kidding.  Really.  I mean it.  They really appear to believe that. 

By TimNew - Jan. 1, 2019, 9 a.m.
Like Reply

LOL  MOJO,    your reading comprehension is once again on display.  On several occasions I have been critical of Trump.  I see him for who and what he is.  You, on the other hand, see anything short of an epileptic fit over all things Trump as rabid support. It's one of the many telling symptoms of severe and acute TDS.

By mojo - Jan. 1, 2019, 9:23 a.m.
Like Reply

Anyone that doesn't have severe and acute TDS is a traitor and is complicit in treason.

By TimNew - Jan. 1, 2019, 9:28 a.m.
Like Reply

"Anyone that doesn't have severe and acute TDS is a traitor and is complicit in treason."

Another great example of TDS.  Think it through MOJO.  What you are saying amounts to "If you do not cling to irrational delusions based largely on partial truths or outright lies,   you are a traitor"..

By mojo - Jan. 1, 2019, 9:46 a.m.
Like Reply

People that still support Trump are the ones clinging to irrational delusions.

By TimNew - Jan. 1, 2019, 10:15 a.m.
Like Reply

It makes it so easy when you provide so many examples.

Take your "GOP TAX Cut Massive Failure" from this morning.  It goes on to claim that wage growth has not been affected when in fact we are seeing the first signs of wage growth at 20 year highs. A number that is extremely likely to improve with a tightening labor market.

The jury is till out on just how big of an impact the tax cut will have,  but calling it a failure is nothing short of delusional.

Trump has his warts,  no doubt.  But intentionally ignoring his successes is dishonest.

By carlberky - Jan. 1, 2019, 1:46 p.m.
Like Reply

Tim, new records in wage growth achieved by tenths of a percent is hardly the results hoped for.

By TimNew - Jan. 1, 2019, 1:54 p.m.
Like Reply

That is not the only result and it's just getting started.  But that's besides the point.  I referred to an article that Mojo posted that claimed no wage growth at a time when wages are actually beginning to grow.