Comments
By mcfarm - Jan. 1, 2019, 12:28 p.m.
Like Reply

I am so sorry for Mr Locke. Sorry that the libs in this society have everyone so wrapped up in racism. Sorry that is he such a bigot as to assume the police had nothing better to do that day than their job. Sorry that he s such a bigot to dare say "let a white women decide my fate". Sorry that he at that moment never once gave our last nominated Justice to the supreme court went thru this scenario but had the grace to trust the system without being a bigoted victim.

By carlberky - Jan. 1, 2019, 1:31 p.m.
Like Reply

"Sorry that he at that moment never once gave our last nominated Justice to the supreme court went thru this scenario"

At that moment he feared for his life. while the Supreme Court nomimee just got mad as hell.

By TimNew - Jan. 1, 2019, 1:49 p.m.
Like Reply

So,  what exactly is this article supposed to prove? A crime was reported. A man in the area fit the description.  The cops took a few steps to determine if this man was the suspect. They were polite and even apologized for detaining him.  It's a scenario that is repeated a thousand times a day involving all races.

Of course,  had he resisted, as he said he was thinking,  it would not have turned out so well.  Exactly as it would have turned out for any race. 

Now,  does someone want to attempt to prove that whites are never stopped and questioned by police?

By mojo - Jan. 1, 2019, 2:29 p.m.
Like Reply

Ever since Trump got elected there have been many instances of the police being called on black people just because they were doing things that someone didn't think they should be allowed to do. For example, just in the last months or so I've read reports of cops being called on black people for driving too fancy of a car while black, staying in a too fancy of a hotel while black, trying to cash a check at a bank while black, waiting in a Starbucks to have a business meeting while black, etc. etc.

You very seldom used to hear about stuff like that until Trump got elected. It seems that Trump has made it ok to let your racist flag fly. We need to get rid of Trump so all the racists will crawl back under their rocks.

By TimNew - Jan. 1, 2019, 3:05 p.m.
Like Reply

LOL,  so since you hear about it more often now, it must have something to do with Trump.

There have been asshats for decades, centuries actually, and I sincerely doubt this is something new.

Things are better than they were,  but not as good as they should be.

By mcfarm - Jan. 1, 2019, 6:47 p.m.
Like Reply

great comment carl. All that it shows is how damn lightly you take a good man's life and reputation being ruined forever by false claims. Maybe some day soon a white lady will threaten you an yours and you can wonder where you go to get your life back. Good luck with that. Libs like to be cruel and unfeeling about a few things. The life and reputation of a good conservative Christian has to be one of the upper 2 or 3.

By carlberky - Jan. 1, 2019, 7:31 p.m.
Like Reply

"Maybe some day soon a white lady will threaten you."

mc, I don't care what color she is … I say, "Bring it on !". I'm 88 and that could only help my reputation !  

By silverspiker - Jan. 1, 2019, 8:04 p.m.
Like Reply

If that is Centre Street in New York City , , , , ,downtown Manhattan that is one serious federal courthouse building where everybody's going to get ID's outside or inside white or black