Tucker Carlson on the State of the Nation
7 responses | 0 likes
Started by JP - Jan. 3, 2019, 6:12 p.m.

It appears to me that Carlson is especially unhappy with Republican leadership -- his monologue lasts until the 15:21 minute mark.  Well worth a watch I think, no matter which side of the aisle you sit on. Of course, YMMV.

Tucker Carlson Monologue 

Comments
By carlberky - Jan. 3, 2019, 7:03 p.m.
Like Reply

Ever since he first came to prominence, Tucker, a young punk who told the country what he thought was wrong with it, was immensely disliked by this old pharte.

I watched the video and came away agreeing with what he had to say. Unfortunately, nothing is going to change. It will remain Politics before People.      

By JP - Jan. 3, 2019, 7:16 p.m.
Like Reply

"It will remain Politics before People."

I agree. And I believe that is true on both sides of the aisle. But I hate the Republican leadership the more for it, because they pretend it's otherwise.

By mcfarm - Jan. 3, 2019, 7:56 p.m.
Like Reply

now that is really odd Carl. I live among a den of repubs in fly over and not of one of us has ever thought of Tucker other than a mild mannered entirely smart principled person...and yet you call upon yourself to call him a punk unliked by the right.  Wow do you ever take the goat award again. We on the right recognize those among us who are establishment and those who care about the country....Tucker cares

By carlberky - Jan. 3, 2019, 8:53 p.m.
Like Reply

mc, do you need glasses ? That might explain your problem with reading comprehension. 

" ... disliked by this old pharte." (That's me, mc.)

" ... came away agreeing with what he had to say ". 

If it will make you feel better, he's no longer a young punk. 

By TimNew - Jan. 4, 2019, 4:36 a.m.
Like Reply

Carlson makes a lot of excellent points, but I came away with the feeling that he thinks government is the solution.  IOW, we don't need less government, we just need different government. I can make the argument (and have) that the "unfairness" he is talking about, and the decline of the American Family, is a direct result of government involvement. And more, different government will just result in more unintended consequences.  You may note that the problems he decries have a sticking relationship to the growth of our government over the last 50 or so years.

We the people can solve our own problems if the government gets out of the way and allows it.

By mcfarm - Jan. 4, 2019, 6:56 a.m.
Like Reply

Tim, do not know if you watch Tucker much but if there is one thing he believes bigger government is not the answer

and Carl your explanation falls ways short. Just admit you tried another cheap shot because well, that is what libs are good at

By carlberky - Jan. 4, 2019, 7:26 a.m.
Like Reply

mc, I guess glasses wouldn't be much help for tunnel vision.