Sorry mojo
34 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Jan. 21, 2019, 3:51 p.m.

Your last link that provides the latest disgusting(to some)  fake news story from Rawstory with the F word in the title can't make the standards here anymore.

After the media's latest example of using fake news to attack Trump by victimizing a terrific young man and his classmates this past weekend, we are going to no longer allow you to post"carte blanche" on the ridiculous, hate filled, fake news attacks on Trump and just tolerate it because that's how much of America thinks.

I will always be tolerant of every view, expressed respectably,  especially those that I disagree with but will not let MarketForum be the mouthpiece of the most extreme hate filled, fake news that includes some of the most distasteful elements of all.

I am doing your side a favor because you obliterate all credility in the heads of clear thinking people that don't intensely hate Trump,  when you obsessively post the worst of this nonsense.

Please continue to post but use better judgment.  To help you to weed out the especially bad stuff. Try avoiding stories that have all 3 of the following in them:

1. Cursing in the titles

2. Fake news(zero substantiated evidence-wild speculation)

3. Stories so filled with hate that they are repugnant to others 

I will let almost everything thru still but when a story is in violation of all of these 3 items..........it doesn't make the cut anymore. 

This applies to all stories here from others too. 

Comments
Re: Sorry mojo
0 likes
By mojo - Jan. 21, 2019, 10 p.m.
Like Reply

By metmike - Jan. 21, 2019, 11:32 p.m.
Like Reply

mojo,

This a big fat lie about those upstanding and outstanding teenagers that were framed by the media.

I watched over an hour of the actual video and the media completely made up the story that you are stating.

Watch the video yourself or stop repeating the lies.

Use the link below and the description to do so.

The Media Wildly Mischaracterized That Video of Covington Catholic Students Confronting a Native American Veteran

|

TRENDING TOPICS

Journalists who uncritically accepted Nathan Phillips' story got this completely wrong.

https://reason.com/blog/2019/01/20/covington-catholic-nathan-phillips-video

From the story at the link. A description of events from viewing the entire footage by the author:

"Far from engaging in racially motivated harassment, the group of mostly white, MAGA-hat-wearing male teenagers remained relatively calm and restrained despite being subjected to incessant racist, homophobic, and bigoted verbal abuse by members of the bizarre religious sect Black Hebrew Israelites, who were lurking nearby. The BHI has existed since the late 19th century, and is best describes as a black nationalist cult movement; its members believe they are descendants of the ancient Israelites, and often express condemnation of white people, Christians, and gays. DC-area Black Hebrews are known to spout particularly vile bigotry.

Phillips put himself between the teens and the black nationalists, chanting and drumming as he marched straight into the middle of the group of young people. What followed was several minutes of confusion: The teens couldn't quite decide whether Phillips was on their side or not, but tentatively joined in his chanting. It's not at all clear this was intended as an act of mockery rather than solidarity.

One student did not get out of Phillips way as he marched, and gave the man a hard stare and a smile that many have described as creepy. This moment received the most media coverage: The teen has been called the product of a "hate factory" and likened to a school shooter, segregation-era racist, and member of the Ku Klux Klan. I have no idea what he was thinking, but portraying this as an example of obvious, racially-motivated hate is a stretch. Maybe he simply had no idea why this man was drumming in his face, and couldn't quite figure out the best response? It bears repeating that Phillips approached him, not the other way around.

And that's all there is to it. Phillips walked away after several minutes, the Black Hebrew Israelites continued to insult the crowd, and nothing else happened.

You can judge for yourself. Here is video footage of the full incident, from the perspective of the black nationalists. Phillips enters the picture around the 1:12 mark, but if you skip to that part, you miss an hour of the Black Hebrew Israelites hurling obscenities at the students. They call them crackers, faggots, and pedophiles. At the 1:20 mark (which comes after the Phillips incident) they call one of the few black students the n-word and tell him that his friends are going to murder him and steal his organs. At the 1:25 mark, they complain that "you give faggots rights," which prompted booing from the students. Throughout the video they threaten the kids with violence, and attempt to goad them into attacking first. The students resisted these taunts admirably: They laughed at the hecklers, and they perform a few of their school's sports cheers.

It was at this moment that Phillips, who had attended a nearby peace protest led by indigenous peoples, decided to intervene. He would later tellThe Detroit Free Press that the teenagers "were in the process of attacking these four black individuals" and he decided to attempt to de-escalate the situation. He seems profoundly mistaken: The video footage taken by the black nationalists shows no evidence the white teenagers had any intention of attacking. Nevertheless, Phillips characterized the kids as "beasts" and the hate-group members as "their prey":

"There was that moment when I realized I've put myself between beast and prey," Phillips said. "These young men were beastly and these old black individuals was their prey, and I stood in between them and so they needed their pounds of flesh and they were looking at me for that."

Again, all the evidence suggests that Phillips got it backward.

He also claimed that he heard chants of "build the wall." While I cannot rule out the possibility that some of the kids indeed chanted this—those who were wearing MAGA hats are presumably Trump supporters—I did not hear a single utterance of the phrase in the nearly two hours of video footage I watched. Admittedly, the kids do a lot of chanting and it's not always possible to tell what they are saying. Their stated explanation is that they engaged in a series of school sports chants: That's what one student told a local news reporter. His account largely tracks with the video.

"there's shockingly little evidence of wrongdoing, unless donning a Trump hat and standing in a group of other people doing the same is now an act of harassment or violence. Phillips' account, meanwhile, is at best flawed, and arguably deliberately misleading."

"The boys are undoubtedly owed an apology from the numerous people who joined this social media pile-on. This is shaping up to be one of the biggest major media misfires in quite some time."

By silverspiker - Jan. 22, 2019, 12:31 a.m.
Like Reply

"A KEEPER OF A SACRED PIPE "

ppppffftttttt... wake me on MAY 1 DAY

By silverspiker - Jan. 22, 2019, 12:32 a.m.
Like Reply

Okay... Mr. ? Water-Keeper" ???

0 likes
By GunterK - Jan. 22, 2019, 1:03 a.m.
Like Reply

Dear mojp.

I grew up in Germany., at a time when all young boys immersed themselves in fiction novels idolizing American Indians (written by a very prolific German author, as well as US authors like James Fenimore Cooper).

Therefore, when I first saw the picture of this man with the drum and read the headline, my heart immediately flew to him in spiritual support.

However, this story has been debunked by now. As usual, the MSM does a thorough job in distorting the truth and misleading their audience. 

About the picture you posted....

first, about Mr. Philipps. 

I am not sure the term "hero" applies to anyone who served in the military. I thought that this term was reserved for people who did extraordinary heroic acts. Further research reveals that Mr.Philipps claims to have been a "Recon Ranger" in VietNam. Military experts tell us there was no such outfit during the VietNam war. 

And there are other incidents with him involved.... but that's not the issue.

What really counts is the truth about this incident., no matter what Mr. Phiipps' background is.

If you'd just take the time and look at the complete videos of this incident, or just read the comments of metmike on this subject, you'd know and admit that the MSM twisted this story around. They were first harassed by another group, before Mr. Philipps entered the scene.  And Mr. Philipps, was "mobbed"??? All you really have is a young boy smiling at an Indian beating his drum. 

Yet, the rhetoric by your sources stirs up hatred, to the point that these boys have now received death threats.

So, who is really "poisoning America"? Could it be places like rawstory? or the MSM?

By TimNew - Jan. 22, 2019, 3:35 a.m.
Like Reply

"there's shockingly little evidence of wrongdoing, unless donning a Trump hat and standing in a group of other people doing the same is now an act of harassment or violence."

Sadly, this is exactly what people who think like MOJO believe.

By mojo - Jan. 22, 2019, 9:12 a.m.
Like Reply

You're absolutely right, Tim. MAGA caps have come to symbolize racism, bigotry & hate.  If you show up at any kind of public event wearing one you are provoking & antagonizing people & deliberately asking for trouble.

Those 'nice innocent catholic boys' knew that, heck everyone knows that, so spare me the fake outrage.

By TimNew - Jan. 22, 2019, 9:35 a.m.
Like Reply

"MAGA caps have come to symbolize racism, bigotry & hate."

No MOJO,  that's what you and yours have assigned to the MAGA caps.  Some who wear them may think the same. I have not heard anyone say that, I suppose it's possible, but I don't think it's true of most.

No,  you and yours choose to assign evil intent because you can't debate purely on issues.  It's a tactic of totalitarian regimes throughout history. 

In America,  people are allowed to have differing opinions.  They are allowed to discuss and debate them. They can even vote for people who share those opinions.

When that stops,  this will no longer be America.  At least not the one that has grown and thrived for the last few centuries.

By mojo - Jan. 22, 2019, 9:43 a.m.
Like Reply

I know that you don't want to believe it & don't like it, but it's true. MAGA caps have become the new white hoods.

By TimNew - Jan. 22, 2019, 10:42 a.m.
Like Reply

You mean those white hoods worn by democrats back n the day the KKK had some presence?  Back before the pubs took over the south?  Nahhh MOJO,  that's just something you need to believe.

BTW,  have you seen how many African Americans wear those hats?  You dems wouldn't even let them join the KKK back when.

By carlberky - Jan. 22, 2019, 12:14 p.m.
Like Reply

BTW,  have you seen how many African Americans wear those hats?  

Not really, Tim.

You dems wouldn't even let them join the KKK back when.

For Pete's sake, I wasn't even alive when that was true.

0 likes
By cliff-e - Jan. 22, 2019, 12:44 p.m.
Like Reply

There are those who are shamefully doubting Mr. Phillips military service...too young and no such unit as reconaisence... I had an Uncle who served in Vietnam doing night patrol. Dad said he never talked about it much other than to say he was getting tired of cutting leaches off his skin. It changed him forever. We should never doubt a mans military service to his country.

http://www.historyplace.com/unitedstates/vietnam/index-1969.html

By TimNew - Jan. 22, 2019, 12:56 p.m.
Like Reply

Well Carl, the internet Is full of photos if you care to look and in a conversation laced with sweeping generalizations, such as anyone who supports any of Trumps initiatives is a racist white supremacist, I figured a reference to the dems KKK laced history was entirely appropriate. (I won't even get started with Antifa)

And Cliff,  the only questions I've seen are about how the story was depicted.   What anyone was doing 50 years ago has little bearing on the current latest hatchet job perpetrated by the MSM.  

Best thing about this debacle is that there are far more people questioning the MSM today than there were last week.

By metmike - Jan. 22, 2019, 1:12 p.m.
Like Reply

"There are those who are shamefully doubting Mr. Phillips military service...too young and no such unit as reconaisence... I had an Uncle who served in Vietnam doing night patrol. Dad said he never talked about it much other than to say he was getting tired of cutting leaches off his skin. It changed him forever. We should never doubt a mans military service to his country."

Unless he was a republican(-:

Thanks for bringing this up cliff!

Got me wondering why people would question him on this and I decided to do some checking., using pure numbers and authentic  facts of course, along with giving the guy the benefit of any doubt.

Fortunately, there was somebody that's already done/doing this.

Doesn’t REALLY add up’: Tweep’s thread on Nathan Phillips’ claims of Vietnam service will make you go HMMMMM

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2019/01/21/doesnt-really-add-up-tweeps-thread-on-nathan-phillips-claims-of-vietnam-service-will-make-you-go-hmmmmm/

0 likes
By joj - Jan. 22, 2019, 7:39 p.m.
Like Reply

"You mean those white hoods worn by democrats back n the day the KKK had some presence?"

I love it when the southern man tries the sleight of hand with the Democratic Party and the KKK.  As if the confederate states were full of liberals.  Yeah that Strom Thurman was quite a liberal.  Shame on you.

Southern man better keep your head.

Don't forget what your good book said.

I heard screaming and bull whips cracking.

How long, how long.....

By metmike - Jan. 22, 2019, 8:22 p.m.
Like Reply

Since you brought it up cliff and it piqued my interest, which revealed that the numbers/facts on this guy didn't add up for him to have been in Vietnam as he has stated, I couldn't help but do more checking to have more certainty.

So I went back to Wikepedia again as I did 2 days ago when checking to see who this guy was:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Phillips_(activist)

"Phillips served in the U.S. Marine Corps from 1972 to 1976. He has described himself variously as a Vietnam era veteran[8] and a Vietnam veteran,[9][10] but never served in Vietnam (numerous news agencies have erroneously reported that he was a Vietnam war veteran).[11] He described his role as "recon ranger".[6]"

Wow! That's not what it said just 2 days ago when I read the page. Wikepedia changed this. It previously  stated that Nathan Phillips was a Vietnam veteran without the manipulated verbiage to explain why, now we are to believe that everybody just misinterpreted what he really meant while calling himself a Vietnam veteran. 

Interview with CNN this past weekend:

https://m.cnn.com/en/article/h_1dc42c3dec10ec0d383aa008f55e4bf1

Phillips: And I'm a Vietnam veteran and I know that mentality of "There's enough of us. We can do this."

Interesting other comments in the interview:

CNN: One of the things they said is we weren't protesting against Native Americans. We were there for the March for Life and we were just chanting -- and this is kind of putting the blame on you -- and that this person came into our space and we were just getting all hyped up. Do you buy that?

Phillips: Not in the least. 

CNN: What really happened?

Phillips: They were there looking for trouble, looking for something. Everybody knows the right to life and (pro-choice), it's been like this and they're hateful to each other. And it's because I'm a veteran -- I'm a Vietnam veteran -- that these two groups even have the right in this country to have protests, to have conflicting opinions

My dad spent 30 years, organizing prayer groups to pray outside of various  abortion clinics in the Detroit area to save mostly African American unborn babies. He spent the majority of his Saturday mornings doing this for 3 decades and I would always join him when in town. I met over 100 of the people that he prayed with.

Almost all of these people are extraordinarily peaceful, spiritual and kind. They ALL know to not be confrontational or judgmental.  

They ALWAYS allowed the women to pass in and out of the clinic, staying a certain distance away while they prayed together for an hour, then go home or have coffee and donuts afterwards. 

In all those years, I only heard of one person that was sort of nuts(not violent but got carried away with pushing his ideas on the women going into the clinics. He had a big van that was completely covered with pictures of aborted fetuses. 

They respect human life, whether its in the womb or outside of it. The statement in bold letters above is just the opposite of the truth. In this case, it's not about whether you are pro life or not but whether the guy is telling the truth. 

If you just watch the 2 hours of video its pretty clear. 

By carlberky - Jan. 22, 2019, 9:07 p.m.
Like Reply

"I figured a reference to the dems KKK laced history was entirely appropriate."

"What anyone was doing 50 years ago has little bearing on the current latest hatchet job"

Wow, Tim. Two consecutive paragraphs, and one double standard. 

0 likes
By metmike - Jan. 22, 2019, 9:47 p.m.
Like Reply

The most amazing thing is this, related to NBC having an interview with the 16 year old on tomorrow:

Savannah Guthrie, NBC slammed for upcoming interview with Covington Catholic student: '#RacismEnabler'

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/savannah-guthrie-nbc-slammed-upcoming-interview-covington-catholic-student-racismenabler-215850443.html

#boycottnbc      

https://twitter.com/hashtag/boycottnbc?lang=en

Savannah Guthrie called out for interviewing student from Lincoln Memorial incident: 'You don't have to do this'

https://www.aol.com/article/entertainment/2019/01/22/savannah-guthrie-called-out-for-nicholas-sandmann-interview/23649906/

They don't know anything about this 16 year old kid........but they passionately hate his guts, along with his classmates.  He won't even be able to vote for another 5 years!

Wearing the MEGA hat tells us what party that he would probably vote for if he could vote today. 

The treatment that he and his classmates are receiving by one party surely locks in his vote for the other party for a very long time.

By GunterK - Jan. 22, 2019, 9:50 p.m.
Like Reply

The Washington Posts now admits that "VietNam war hero" Nathan Phillips never served in VietNam. 

This doesn't impact the Covington story a whole lot, but it does show that the  WaPo and other MSM have been misleading the public all along, in a quite successful attempt to incite hatred and violent threats to this boy, as well as his school.

despicable...evil.....

By mojo - Jan. 22, 2019, 10:38 p.m.
Like Reply

It doesn't matter if the guy is a Vietnam veteran or not. That punk proudly wearing his MAGA hat & smirky grin shouldn't have gotten in his face like that. I hope that kid doesn't make a habit of doing that because if he does it to the wrong person it could end badly for him. There are some really crazy people out there running around loose on the crazy streets of America. 

By metmike - Jan. 22, 2019, 10:51 p.m.
Like Reply

We should try to understand what just happened here by viewing the incident in the eyes of these teenagers.

For most of them, this was the trip of their life. They had been planning it for a very long time. Going to Washington DC, our nations capital to participate in the pro life rally,  because they believe in the sanctity of life........whether its unborn babies, or old people. That was the cause that motivated them to take this trip.

Whether you agree with pro life or pro choice does not matter. These teenagers, instead of having a positive experience supporting a cause they believe in and for most of them, getting to see our nations capital for the first time, with stories to tell their parents and friends when they got home have had their lives turned into living hell.

They got abused by one group on Saturday, then profoundly abused by an entire country the next day after being framed for something they didn't do or stand for, then when the video showed them to be innocent of the absurd charges, they continue to be abused by one side. Some in the media, instead of apologizing(which would have provided them with some relief), have doubled down and made things even worse for them. 

Their school had to close today because of safety concerns. Numerous death and bodily harm threats to them and their families. Literally millions of people who don't know anything about them now intensely hate their guts. They are being called all sorts of names on social media. 

They did absolutely nothing wrong. In fact, the video shows that they were the ones being abused and handled it very well.  BTW carl, the one kid taking off his shirt was part of the school cheer that they do. 

We even had 2 posters here calling them names............I had to change the title of the original post on this topic started by one of them because it was so offensive.........directed at the one kid.

This is NOT Trumps fault.

Nobody can make you, me or anybody else intensely hate and blatantly disrespect people that we know nothing about. Not just hating people but hating kids because of a hat they were wearing supporting the current president.

Blaming Trump is a cop out. People acting this way are accountable for their own actions and feelings. They are behaving as if these kids intentionally  did something horrible to them..........as if they came to their house slit the tires on their car or did property damage or attacked them. They are hating them in a personal way. Nobody can MAKE you to be that way...........under normal circumstances.

However, this is not normal. You all know what a cult is and have heard about how members act when the leaders have them brainwashed to interpret realities differently than how the rest of us do.

Their belief system incorporates some false elements in such a powerful way that  they are no longer able to distinguish between what is true and what is not true in a particular realm(s). This enables the cult leaders to control them too.......... which drives their behavior.

No doubt that we have 1 side reading this that is absolutely positive that this explains Trumps power over his supporters.

But I am talking about the inexcusable treatment/trashing of these young adults via the hate Trump cult............. thanks to their mainstream media cult leaders.

No way that, a few years ago, most of these people would have thought that intense hatred of complete strangers and wanting harm to come to them was normal.

You might be able to get away with that excuse when hating Trump and blaming him for all of it but these kids are not Donald Trump. All they did was wear a MAGA hat. Anybody that currently hates these kids because of that has to look in the mirror for the blame.................and realize that your minds have been captured in a sort of a mainstream media Trump hating cult. 

What has been programmed into brains is to hate anything, everything and anybody connected with Trump. This behavior, defines the new normal.........which previously was abnormal.

Mainstream media like CNN, that imposes Trump hating on its viewers around the clock, 365 days a year.

Are they really reporting authentic news or do they have you in their cult?

CNN claims to be the most trusted news source in their ID every hour.

This fact below is evidence that tells us something is really, really abnormal(based on viewing things before Trump) about the news that they and other major media players are feeding to their viewers:

CNN Interviewed Stormy Daniels' Lawyer 59 Times In Less Than Two Months

https://www.dailywire.com/news/30149/cnn-interviewed-stormy-daniels-lawyer-59-times-paul-bois

One of the biggest news stories for the past 3 days has been a 16 year old and American Indian facing each other for a minute last weekend. One of them played on his drum, the other one smiled.

In what universe is such a thing of such great importance that it gets the center of attention for days normal?

The universe that has been carved into our brains by the mainstream media.

I was the main anchor on the local CBS affiliate(doing weather) for 11 years and  know a few things about how the news/media affects people.

By metmike - Jan. 22, 2019, 11:03 p.m.
Like Reply

mojo,

You provide us with the quintessential example to illustrate my previous post.

By frey_1999 - Jan. 22, 2019, 11:14 p.m.
Like Reply

And it is estimated that Obama's birth certificate was brought up as many as a thousand times.

And that was a fabricated  lie  but I never once have heard you call out Faux news over it.

Seams odd 

By metmike - Jan. 23, 2019, 12:26 a.m.
Like Reply

Frey,

There you go again with the same response used previously.

"The moderator is being unfair singling us/me/our side out and picking on us, while letting the other side get away with murder."

and

" They did the same thing with Obama"

Just to remind you Frey, you are the only person here to ever call me a liar, then when I approached you on it nicely, you insisted that I was liar, a second time. This qualifies as YOU getting 2 bigger breaks than anybody since I've been moderator.

On mojo,he was banned for life by the previous moderator and I reinstated him.

So the complete opposite of what you're stating is true.

I've had to issue minor statements/corrections to the other side and each time they respond cooperatively.

With the silly Obama excuse. So what does that have to do with your behavior?

If a cop pulls me  over for driving 80 mph with a 60 mph speed limit should I tell him "but officer, there was a car going 80 mph in front of me, I should be able to break the law if he can.

Be adult and take responsibility for your own actions.

Even if that absurd defense was legit, the actions of the Trump bashers vs Obama bashers is like you guys going 200 mph. Obama bashers didn't take it so far as to intensely hate and frame innocent kids of Obama supporters and the hatred for anything Trump is an order of magnitude above what we saw with Obama..................and the mainstream media, with Obama interpreted almost everything he did positively..........doing the complete opposite with Trump. 

By TimNew - Jan. 23, 2019, 1:12 a.m.
Like Reply

JOJ, the attempted revision of the left is a never ending source of entertainment.   

Now,  I realize that liberals like to claim that there was some sort of magical transformation where dems suddenly become pubs, thus "cleansing" the modern dems, (who remain the most racist group in this country),  but if such a magical transformation occurred, it was well after the civil rights movement  and legislation of the 60's(by and large opposed by the dems).  For example, Ronald Reagan was the first pub that gained any traction in the south (that was in 80's), and that was after Ga sent Carter to the White House.

I remember when I first moved here in the 80's, the last vestiges of the dem party were mostly in the rural areas. Their local governments were densely populated by proud dems and occasionally you'd see signs like "Ni##er, Don't let the sun set on you here". Of course, Byrd, Hillary's mentor, was a Grand Kleagle, or some such and very much in power into the 90's.

With the locust like migration of liberals to Georgia from their failed liberal experiments in other parts of the country, Ga is starting to turn purple. Heck we nearly elected a socialist for governor last year.   With this slow transformation, I'll be watching for an uptick in KKK activity.  Maybe we'll get some ANTIFA too?  Those Dems are such peaceful and tolerant folk...  :-)

And of course, in a few decades, when they can no longer quietly support Antifa because too much truth has come out in spite of all the MSM efforts to the contrary,  the left will start referring to them as "Those Evil Republican Antifa Thugs".

By frey_1999 - Jan. 23, 2019, 5:11 a.m.
Like Reply

Mike I think that in all fairness you need to define if your posting as the moderator of this site or as Metmike  a poster with a personal belief of the subject that is being discussed.

By metmike - Jan. 23, 2019, 8:05 a.m.
Like Reply

Frey,

This particular moderator believes in truth and honesty, authentic facts and science, love, respect and kindness for others, tolerance for those that disagee respectfully but confronting those that blatantly violate minimal standards here and elsewhere.

Making the world a better place via actions and by example.

You and mojo have been having a difficult time with this.

By mojo - Jan. 23, 2019, 9:14 a.m.
Like Reply

By TimNew - Jan. 23, 2019, 10:05 a.m.
Like Reply

You'll never see this MOJO, but where the MAGA hat is concerned, the hatred and bigotry is all yours.

By metmike - Jan. 23, 2019, 11:01 a.m.
Like Reply

To be fair, most in the media still do a good job on many other issues and some are objective on this and responding humbly/with honesty after the incident:

Rush to judgment on Covington school standoff should be a wake-up call for media: Robyn Urback

https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/covington-stand-off-1.4987065

"The viral video of the standoff between Covington Catholic High School students and Indigenous Americans ought to be one hell of a wake-up call.

It should rattle every journalist. Many of the people who are supposed to be fact-finders — skeptical investigators — accepted the narrative that a group of teen boys in MAGA hats catalyzed a confrontation with Indigenous Americans outside the Lincoln Memorial in Washington on Friday, based on a two-minute-long video clip. 

I shared the clip, uncritically, on my own Twitter feed. We were wrong to jump the gun. I was wrong. We goofed, badly."

By JP - Jan. 23, 2019, 11:43 a.m.
Like Reply

"To be fair, most in the media still do a good job on many other issues and some are objective on this and responding humbly/with honesty after the incident..."

Yes, after the damage is done and their original version has become the "truth" in most people's minds, they backtrack -- not because they are trying to right a wrong, but because they know the damage has been done permanently in most people's minds and their subsequent backtracking will never change that -- this just gives them cover, so that they can claim to be "neutral." Bastards.

By metmike - Jan. 23, 2019, 12:09 p.m.
Like Reply

I'm pretty sure that this lady at the link above is sincere.

However, I did work as the main weather anchor on television for 11 years and had numerous friends that were also local celebrities.

There are some nice, genuine people in the biz but because people put you/them up on a pedestal, it really gets to  some of their heads. A couple of the most arrogant snobs that I ever knew were local news people.

And once they think they know something............just like the rest of us, it takes numerous times the contradicting information to realize that they/we are wrong.......if  it ever happens.

I actually can understand this. When people treat you like you are a big shot everywhere you go..........it's natural to start thinking that you are something special and that you are better than them. Seriously, this is human nature. 

When you have a mind thinking this way reporting the news, they think that they are reporting the facts as interpreted thru their eyes.

From minds that are certain they know more than everybody else(after all-they are the enlightened ones) and are able to discern what is truth and what is not truth immediately........before putting it to an objective test(checking for evidence that they "might" be wrong).

By joj - Jan. 23, 2019, 12:23 p.m.
Like Reply

Hey Tim,

Did your folks ever go to one of those well attended lynchings you used to have down south?

On the subject of hate.

Or, would you like to revise that history too?

By TimNew - Jan. 23, 2019, 1:33 p.m.
Like Reply

My folks are/were from Buffalo, NY.   So, no lynchings.  The odds would have gone up dramatically had they been southern dems.