Study: Global Warming will Cause More Baby Heart Defects
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Feb. 1, 2019, 6:08 p.m.

I couldn't wait for mojo to post this one. 

From Watts Up With That:

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/02/01/study-global-warming-will-cause-more-baby-heart-defects/#comment-2612394

This was my comment below:

Congenital heart defects are currently reported as being 40,000.
This study tells us that by increasing global temperatures at their current rate for that decade, around .13 Deg. C/decade there will be an additional 7,000  congenital heart defects.

Yeah, that makes sense, an 18% increase in congenital defects for babies because of just over a tenth of a degree of global warming. Makes sense if  I was the scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz before he got a brain!

Makes sense if the southern states today had a 10 times higher rate of congenital heart defects vs the northern states..........they don't.
Or if people born in hot climates had a 10 times higher rate of congenital heart defects vs those born in cold climates.........they don't.

Now a brand new correlation has been found and just the slightest increase in temperature has a massive effect.

Well, I guess we won't have to worry as much about the old correlation:

"Winter Cardiovascular Diseases Phenomenon"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3662093/

"There is a clear seasonal trend of cardiovascular diseases, with the highest incidence occurring during the colder winter months, which have been described in many countries. This phenomenon likely contributes to the numbers of deaths occurring in winter."

But wait...............global warming also causes extreme Winter cold from Polar Vortex's that are different than the ones in the 1970's and previous to that. We know for sure that those Polar Vortexes were from natural cycles. Natural cycles can't work anymore since man made climate change took over.  

Comments
By JP - Feb. 1, 2019, 7:09 p.m.
Like Reply

IMO, the real benefits of global warming (as elucidated by Tom Waits) are here:

Step Right Up

By metmike - Feb. 1, 2019, 8:25 p.m.
Like Reply

Ain't that the truth John!

I added this about that silly study:

From the study that they used:

RESULTS:
"Overall, we observed no significant relationships between maternal EHE exposure and CHDs in most regions during summer. However, we found that 3-11 days of EHE90 during summer and spring was significantly associated with ventricular septal defects (VSDs) study-wide (ORs ranged: 2.17-3.24). EHE95 in spring was significantly associated with conotruncal defects and VSDs in the South (ORs: 1.23-1.78). Most EHE indicators in spring were significantly associated with increased septal defects (both VSDs and atrial septal defects (ASDs)) in the Northeast."
CONCLUSION:
"While generally null results were found, long duration of unseasonable heat was associated with the increased risks for VSDs and ASDs, mainly in South and Northeast of the US. Further research to confirm our findings is needed."

metmike: They use one study that finds "generally null results" and spin it into a catastrophic climate change congenital heart defect study based on what appears to be some numbers that don't correlate well to support the theory. No additional research to support it.

Why would heat only correlate with a higher incidence of a certain condition in the South and Northeast?
Heat is heat. It doesn't know where you live. If heat and humidity combined was a factor.........and it is during heat waves, why only use temperature?

The study they used, identified 5848 CHD cases and 5742 controls
I'll bet that most of them spent 95-98% of their time in air conditioning during these high heat events.................aha, there's the real culprit!!!
Women who spend extended periods of  time with the air conditioner cranked up because of heat waves, 3 to 9 weeks after conception,  increase the risk of their babies having a congenital heart defect. ............but only in the South and Northeast.

That makes more sense than to say that women, who spend 2% of their time in heat, 3 to 9 weeks after conception have an increased risk of having a congenital heart defect.....but only in the South and Northeast.

Actually, neither one makes sense