a "No" to the F35
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - Feb. 2, 2019, 10:27 p.m.

I consider this article TR, for people who own or trade Lockheed and/or Boeing stock

As you may know, the F35 airplane has struggled with a long string of failures and cost over-runs. Now, a large chunk of expected business for Lockheed may go someplace else

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-02-01/germanys-snub-lockheed-f-35-could-put-nato-strategic-nuclear-readiness-crisis

Comments
By GunterK - Feb. 2, 2019, 10:29 p.m.
Like Reply

ooops, sorry, mr. moderator,,, this was meant for the TR section

By wglassfo - Feb. 3, 2019, 1:36 p.m.
Like Reply

I have been posting for some time about SWIFT payments. Essentially, some countries are trying to avoid the SWIFT payments as a way of circumventing the sanctions Trump has imposed on Iran. My latest info suggests that 62% of world settlements use the USD. So: If Trump wants to sanction anybody, [As I understand it] he refuses the use of SWIFT as a method of payment, thus refusing countries from using USD and trade with Iran.

Some countries notably Russia, china, I think India is still on the fence and now we have Germany maybe on the fence. Brazil and others have talked but no action thus far.

Now some countries want to avoid the sanctions imposed by Trump. They now have an incentive to look else where to find some way, to make payments

I don't think any thing will happen over nite, but if the USD useage for payments falls low enough, then USD will come flooding back to the USA

Countries will sell USD and buy gold, other currencies or even print their own backed by gold reserves. Who knows

But, Trump is playing a dangerous game with the reserve dollar. Once set in motion, the flood of dollars back to the USA will cause inflation as the value of the USD falls. It's complicated, but I think the reserve dollar has a limited time span.

Americians have grown used to the reserve dollar. In Canada we know what it is like to not have the reserve dollar

Americians will be in for a rude awakening some day when the USD loses value and is no longer the reserve dollar. No longer will the USA just print up a batch of bonds to support the deficit and other social obligations.

Nothing lasts for ever. China and Russia are working really hard to see the reserve dollar lose value. If other countries join, [Germany, or even the entire euroland] then the time frame is that much less.

That is one reason why we keep hearing about a one world order

Personally I think a one world order would be very bad for our country and yours.