So it begins
9 responses | 0 likes
Started by mojo - March 4, 2019, 7:36 p.m.

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler (D-NY) announced Monday that his committee has sent out a sprawling set of document requests to 81 different Trump-tied individuals, corporations and government entities.

The request signaled an escalation of House Democrats’ investigations into Trump and his allies, and their burgeoning focus on corruption, obstruction of justice and abuse of power that goes beyond just the Russia probe.

Some of the requests signal the committee’s interest in delving deeper into the Russia investigation, and cover several revelations that have emerged from Mueller’s probe.

But the committee is also interested in a slew of other scandals that have bubbled up during and since the presidential campaign, including allegations of foreign contributions to Trump Inaugural Committee, Emoluments Clause issues and hush-money payments to women alleged to have had affairs with Trump.

The committee’s investigation will proceed on three main fronts, according to a committee statement:

• Obstruction of Justice, including the possibility of interference by the President and others in a number of criminal investigations and other official proceedings, as well as the alleged cover-up of violations of the law;
  • Public Corruption, including potential violations of the emoluments clauses of the U.S. Constitution, conspiracy to violate federal campaign and financial reporting laws, and other criminal misuses of official positions for personal gain; and
  • Abuses of Power, including attacks on the press, the judiciary, and law enforcement agencies; misuse of the pardon power and other presidential authorities; and attempts to misuse the power of the Office of the Presidency.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/house-judiciary-trump-doc-request

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/here-are-all-81-of-the-trump-associates-who-house-dems-want-to-hear-from/ar-BBUmzNV?ocid=spartandhp

Comments
Re: So it begins
32 likes
By metmike - March 4, 2019, 8:49 p.m.
Like Reply

So it begins?

Check your calendar, it's March 2019 dude.  Over half of Trump's term has gone by with you telling us this  repeatedly for over 2 years. A new president will be elected next year.  The boy that cried wolf got a couple of chances before the village people got smart and stopped believing him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL67D9hoUdk

Mueller and his team have been investigating Trump for 2+ years at a cost of $25,000,000, looking for............anything that they can find and create.

By GunterK - March 4, 2019, 9:20 p.m.
Like Reply

this weekend, Hillary Clinton gave a speech, and she said that our democracy is in a "full-fledged crisis"

It seems to me, she is quite correct. A legitimate presidential election was held some 2.5 years ago, and the losing side still can't cope with the result and is trying to overturn the election outcome.

By metmike - March 4, 2019, 9:28 p.m.
Like Reply

The dems gave the election to Trump in 2016 by running a horrible candidate. Corrupt and not very likeable with no positive message Clinton.

It was entirely for that reason.........nothing else. 

I have been fairly confident that they would win the presidency back in 2020 again, even if they ran Bozo the Clown.

All they need to do is run Biden and try to stay low profile without getting carried away with their obvious lack of a credible agenda/message, and control their stop Trump, impeach Trump, block Trump, hate Trump rally cry which is the ONLY thing uniting them.

RUh Roh. They appear to be using bad judgement again. They have a bunch of crazies(the most popular one now is saying the planet is doomed in 12 years if we don't stop using fossil fuels......while life on the planet tells us the complete opposite.........as we head deeper into a climate optimum, not a climate crisis.

So the tactic is to lie to us and try to scare us into taking actions that would severely stifle the US economy and use that platform to go against the guy who has greatly stimulated the US economy and caused the lowest unemployment in decades.

Will people vote for a "save the planet" agenda based on a huge lie? To get the black vote, a few are even, for the first time in their careers suggesting reparations for blacks. 

Now that they have regained control of the house, we get to see how they will use their newly gained power to help the American people.................errr, never mind.

We are getting to see how they will use the power to stop anything Trump tries to do....using all sorts of investigations into Trump.

I have been pretty confident that Trump would not be re elected in 2020 because the MSM has been campaigning against him for over 2 years, with....probably over 1 trillion worth in free negative advertising from their 93% negatively spun stories.

However, like WxFollower noted earlier, it's not even anything close to being subtle anymore. It's an all out war that features people in journalism and communication professions violating ethical codes regarding their reporting of stories and objectivity when it comes to Trump. The people reporting news stories are no longer practicing professional journalism but instead are extreme political activists in a profession that allows them to blatantly abuse this, betraying/violating their ethical responsibility to the public/their viewers/readers. 

This is what will burn them. Larry sees it as pretty obvious from the sources that he noted but one can name dozens of others. Trump bashing stories can reinforce the hatred in people that already hate Trump, like mojo. However, the line has been crossed so far to one side, that some people will never believe a Trump bashing story from a source that has bashed Trump for 2 years almost non stop. It's assumed now, that this is all they are doing is bashing Trump again. 

2+ years of it and us being told, "this is the beginning of the end" and bombshell after bombshell leading to the next bombshell(we are told).

After awhile, those that don't hate Trump and don't live for the next story twisted to make Trump seem worse than Hitler, undergo Trump bashing fatigue from sources that they know are blatantly biased..........and they tune it and their message out.  This is already starting to  happen. They are losing more and more trust in those sources.

This particular thread from mojo is a good example. Who read the title and actually thought "oh my, I wonder what mojo has on Trump this time" vs "oh my, I wonder if mojo is up to 200 times in posting a message like this"

Even if Trump does something horrible, if mojo reports it, we will NEVER believe it because he has told us 200 times previously about all the horrible things Trump did.....that's what he does..........report horrible things about Trump, whether Trump did something horrible or not.  This causes Trump bashing fatigue and what is greatly threatening the democratic party right now.

Now that the democrats have the power to do so, they're turning up the investigation heat......just because they can do it, seriously threatening  to expose people that are tired of it to additional, political Trump bashing fatigue.

I am no longer confident that Trump will not be elected.

Such an easy candidate to beat in the next election but the party running against him is doing all the wrong things...........again.

The best hope is Joe Biden. Have him take the high road and not get into the political fighting with Trump..........instead, showing kindness and compassion........and complete tolerance of Trumps views that he disagrees with.........respectfully. This would contrast him with Trumps biggest weakness..........his personality flaws.

Promote Biden as a pleasant, honest man that cares about the American people...........very likeable.

This is where the dems blew it with Clinton. Dems stayed home because she was not likeable or honest and had no message...........many never Trump people just didn't vote. 

However, this strategy will be harder to sell if the entire Democratic party is doing the opposite of Joe Biden. They need to tone down the hate because..........some of the less extreme dems are already suffering from Trump bashing fatigue. 

By joj - March 5, 2019, 8:02 a.m.
Like Reply

So sad watching conservatives defend criminals.

How many criminals have been caught in Mueller's investigation?  I'm losing count.

But it is the beginning in that the people have voted in a Democratic congress that will perform oversight (unlike GOP stooges).  Mueller's probe might be ending, but this is the beginning, in that much of Mueller's probe will lead to more findings by the house.

I'm still hoping for no impeachment.  Let the people decide in 2020.  If we reelect the criminal, well, that is who we are and we'll just have to live with it.

By cliff-e - March 5, 2019, 8:21 a.m.
Like Reply

And yet another enlightened individual though even Ty doesn't believe Mueller has more to reveal. 

http://www.yahoo.com/gma/former-trump-white-house-lawyer-calls-mueller-american-081303202--abc-news-topstories.html 

Apparently Cohen's testimony has encouraged others to begin speaking up for what's right.

By mcfarmer - March 5, 2019, 9:01 a.m.
Like Reply

Maybe we will follow North Carolina and have a do-over.

Who would the republicans run ?

We can all act like the last two years never happened. Just a bad dream.

By cliff-e - March 5, 2019, 9:41 a.m.
Like Reply

Mcfarmer I think John Kasich would be a strong contender due his moderate views and admiration amongst members of both parties. But sadly the Pub party no longer exists having been hijacked by radical 45 followers. We'll soon see how President Pence performs although I think he was just put there to assume a "Wallflower" position.

As the pace of executive branch wrongdoing investigation(s) gain speed it's also now time to consider a new direction after the nightmarish 45 regime has ended.

By metmike - March 5, 2019, 12:06 p.m.
Like Reply

"Mcfarmer I think John Kasich would be a strong contender due his moderate views and admiration amongst members of both parties."

He could definitely do well. 

By silverspiker - March 6, 2019, 11:37 a.m.
Like Reply

.... Please seek help while you ....

Thumbnail