Conserve Natural Resources
1 response | 0 likes
Started by metmike - March 9, 2019, 10:24 p.m.

Anybody on MarketForum for more than a few weeks,  knows my position on (human caused) climate change..............it's greatly exaggerated and the last 40 years has featured the best weather/climate for life on this planet since the Medieval Warm Period, 1,000 years ago.

If we continue on this path, conditions will approach those of the Holocene climate optimum over 5,000 years ago that was warmer than this.............definitely not a climate crisis. Absolutely no way a climate crisis as our planet continues to green up. The only place that a climate crisis exists is on global climate models simulating conditions on computers for the next 100 years based on a speculative theory that has been busting in real time.

However, most people sincerely want to do the right thing and be good Stewards for life and this planet. They are just being misled into thinking that cutting back on the beneficial gas CO2 is the right thing, when increasing the CO2 is exactly what is causing life to flourish the most.

Cutting back on the use of fossil fuels is a good thing but not because of the CO2 emissions.  Here are some good ideas for us environmentalists interested in applying authentic ways to help the planet..............and save money at the same time!

Three Pillars to Save Earth and Money

https://millionairemob.com/conserve-natural-resources/

The one that I personally utilize with gusto relates to heating and cooling our house. When my wife is not here(during the day or out of town) I turn off the AC completely.  Even if it's 98 degrees outside, no air conditioning no exceptions.............except in our bedroom to sleep at night. 

100 years ago, air conditioning didn't exist. People acclimated to the heat in the Summer and didn't know any different. 

In the Winter, I turn the heat down to 48 degrees. I wear a couple pair of sweat pants, sweat shirts and Winter coat, along with a hat and sometimes gloves but not while on the computer because its too hard to type. We have a huge house...............it saves tons of money, cutting the heating/cooling bill by over 50% from what it would be  compared to keeping the temperature more comfortable.

Of course my wife is not always thrilled when she first gets home and I forget to turn the heat or AC back on but she tolerates most of my idiosyncrasies pretty well.  

Comments
By metmike - March 9, 2019, 10:42 p.m.
Like Reply

Another good one is conserving water.

Here in Southwest Indiana, we have an unlimited supply because of being along the Ohio River.

Much of the planet is not like that. Over 2 billion people don't have enough fresh water to drink and sanitize. Americans living in California or in the S.Plains that use the Ogallala Aquifer will be experiencing water shortages.............forever, based on their geographical location and the climate. 

They don't have it so good and must conserve or they are not acting in the best interest of everybody in those regions. 

Many people think they need to take a shower everyday. This is insane and a huge waste of water. This is understandable if you do physical labor, sweat (from activity) or are dirty every day. However in the colder months, in the absence of physical labor/exercise and exposure to a lot of dirt or other elements that requires washing your body............washing a body that was just washed the day before is completely  unecessary.

What were things like 200 years ago and during the previous 5,000 years? Especially in the Winter with sub freezing temperatures for weeks in the colder climates?

I understand the need for personal hygiene and one can wash their face and hands as often as desired but we are  wasting a lot of water with too many showers out of habit.