l Argentina inflation
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - April 17, 2019, 4:22 p.m.

Argentina is having massive inflation

I don't think it will affect world grain prices but since they are freezing food prices I would expect farmers will be forced to sell to Brazil, until domestic supplies are in danger and then they will be forced to close the border, for exported grain

That isn't a big deal for us, but our NA economy could experience the same kind of inflation some day

On our farm since we can store a yrs worth of production, I would not sell a day sooner then the day I write a cheque

50% inflation is a big deal if your cost soars 50% higher then your selling price

I would not shrug off such a senerio, we just don't know when it will happen

The stk market is due to falter some day and the signals are obvious that the Fed will adopt a loose moey policy to offset the stk market losses thus propping up the asset value with printed money

We did this once already, but some day inflation will be the end result, that can not be controlled

History shows that printing paper is the go to answer

A recession will result in printed paper

Trump has already signalled that policy and the Fed seems to agree, that stk prices can not falter or the economy will do the same thing

The problem is:

The horse may escsape the barn before the door is cloased or the door may never get closed

Severall things are possible and inflation ranks high as a possivbility  IMHO

We are not Arggentina, but the economy is signalling the same problems, just a bit of delay

If the USA or China ever have a problem, then look out for inflation

The USA is assuming debts of huge amounts, today and entitlements that will never be paid, except by printing and trying to sell bonds in ever increasing amounts

The public will demand their entitelments, thus what other avenue is open other than printing more bonds

The only  way for the decision makers  to pay the debts, is to print ever larger amounts of paper

That is why i say the easiest way to escape a recession, debt relief or any other unforseen problem is for the Fed/Treasury to  print paper

And that is when the danger of inflation can happen

The last time China was not a major player

Today china, russia and the USA, any one of those three could plunge somebody over the cliff

And that can have unexpected consequences of major proportions

Just to add a bit more fuel to the fire is the buy backs

This does not do anything for the economy, but it does increase the share values, and the monetary benefits that go along with share values

This is all short sighted decisions and some day we will have mmajor problems

Be ready to defend yourself if inflation hits in a major way or also we could see a recession 1st

For dang sure, something will happen

I just don't know what and when, but eh country ias soft and laid back going thruough the same motions every day

What would you do if your income was cut by 2/3rds either by recession or sky high consumer prices

What would you do if the economy suddenly lost a major part of the jobs due to something

Don't say it won't happen because something will happen

It always happens

Comments
By Richard - April 17, 2019, 5 p.m.
Like Reply

Massive inflation is coming to the USA. $350 WTIC is going to F* people up.

By bear - April 19, 2019, 6:50 p.m.
Like Reply

in the u.s.a.,  the commodity cycle has been operating on a 30 yr cycle.  for example,...

oil topped out approximately 1950, 1980, 2010, and should top out in 2040...

(give or take a couple years in either direction).

depressions in the western world happen on a 100 yr cycle.  1830's, 1930's, and about the 2030's...

so I expect a depression in the 2030's,  the fed will go absolutely bonkers with printing money,  and we should get a huge commodity run up into about 2040...

the 100 yr cycle can be off by 10 years either direction.  so our depression could start in the early to mid 2020's.

By metmike - April 20, 2019, 12:04 a.m.
Like Reply

Dang bear, those are some long term cycles.  

By cutworm - April 20, 2019, 9:18 a.m.
Like Reply