more "fun" with Windows 10
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - April 19, 2018, 10:38 p.m.

When Windows 10 first came out, I accepted their offer to upgrade my desktop from Windows 7 to 10. After that, some of my old, yet important apps didn't work anymore. Eventually I switched back to 7, and have kept it that way. During the switching-back process, 1 of my old trusted apps was disabled, but I accepted that loss, glad to be back to 7

I also work with a laptop, as my back-up device. I don't use it frequently and opted to upgrade to 10 on this machine. I am not doing much work on it, and so far there have been no complaints.

Until today.....

Windows wanted to make an upgrade.....Ok, let's do it. After about 2 hours, the upgrade was done, and now the laptop is totally messed up. Can't get Windows to load anymore. A blue screen gives me "advanced options" to fix things, and absolutely nothing works. The only option left to do was the "nuclear option"..... go back to original factory settings and lose everything

Thanks, Microsoft..... good job!

Comments
By cliff-e - April 21, 2018, 7:19 a.m.
Like Reply

Started with XP which lasted 10 years then went to 7... still using 7 for 5 years now...won't switch to 10. So tired of Windows schenanigans...will buy a Mac next time.