june Gold Swing trade
10 responses | 0 likes
Started by mikempt - April 24, 2019, 11:32 a.m.

Im long June gold @1277 . This is a swing trade,dont know when Im getting out,all I know is that im in  $$$$

Comments
By Richard - April 24, 2019, 4:35 p.m.
Like Reply

I am long gold and silver also so I am hopeful and wishful with you. Today's rally stopped exactly at some serious resistance and for a true break out we need to close one tick above today high in June Gold and July Silver. Will tomorrow be a Power move up or another down-back and fill day?

By metmike - April 24, 2019, 10:45 p.m.
Like Reply

Good luck you guys!

I don't trade metals but to me, it looks like this weeks highs, from Sunday night at 1281.9 is the major resistance as it's also the area that acted as strong resistance/highs from the 17th-1282.1.

Get above that and it will look pretty good. The major, major resistance looks up around 1288 but you probably are not going to stick around to see if we can muster that much strength for a more solid confirmation of a bottom. 

Stochastics lines turning up, with the fast crossing over the slow from very low levels.............a constructive sign for a bottom. 

Of course we've had a solid down trend since the Feb 20 high of 1356, with 2  bear flag type formations 1 in March that lasted almost a month before breaking to the downside, the other one in early April only lasted for 2 weeks before breaking to new lows............which is where we were earlier this week.

Actually, if one draws a down trend from those Feb highs to the 2 highs after that associated with the bear flags, we have an accelerating downtrend. 

At 1278 right now Mike, you're still in the money.

By becker - April 25, 2019, 12:21 a.m.
Like Reply

People on the planet: 1b in China + 1b in India + 1b rest of world = gold has a bid. Don't ask why. Be honest, fiat is = inflation. Is there another game for paper debt? Negative interest rates, LOL...

By metmike - April 25, 2019, 10:46 a.m.
Like Reply

Hope you guys are still long gold!

1283.0, at new highs for the week and technical indicators looking strong.

Now we're back down to 1280. 

This is why I don't trade gold.

By Richard - April 25, 2019, 12:50 p.m.
Like Reply

I'm out. With the metals unable to stay above resistance (yesterdays highs) AND the fact that the XAU is taking out yesterdays lows, AND the fact I was up money, I decided to grab it and run. For the first time in many months, I am Totally flat  

mikempt
0 likes
By Richard - April 26, 2019, 9:49 a.m.
Like Reply

Good job Mike. I wish I hung in the longer with you.

Re: mikempt
0 likes
By mikempt - April 26, 2019, 10:07 a.m.
Like Reply

Good job on taking profit! I'm still hanging in there,I hope my greed doesn't get the best of me $$$

By Richard - April 26, 2019, 12:03 p.m.
Like Reply

Be careful here at 1290.00 basis june. Gold looking toppy. 

By metmike - April 26, 2019, 12:13 p.m.
Like Reply

Gold was nuts this morning.

Spike down to 1276 at 7:30am on news............then very strong, up to almost 1290 2 hours later and been steady around there ever since(the last 90 minutes)

By Richard - April 27, 2019, 11:47 a.m.
Like Reply

Gold is not looking toppy at all and is looking like a nice break out.