Steele Dossier: serious problem for Dems or just false equivalency attempt by Pubs?
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by WxFollower - May 7, 2019, 11:13 a.m.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/opinion/criminal-justice/422592-steeles-curious-comments-suggest-dossier-was-insurance-plan%3famp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/2018/1/5/16845704/steele-dossier-russia-trump

What do folks on both sides make of this? Are pubs right on thinking this is potentially serious regarding Dems/Hillary? Or is this just an example of false equivalency as Dems claim? Is each side as usual just twisting things to support their view with maybe both being right? My guess is that the true answer is somewhere between the extremes of each side.

Discuss. I’d like to hear from BOTH sides. Even better would be to hear from folks who take a middle road view for a change as our country is way too divided. Usually something in the middle ends up being the closest to the truth. I remain neutral because I’m still trying to wrap my brain around all of this mess as well as the Mueller report. A lot for me may be riding on what Mueller says in his testimony to the House Judiciary Committee.This is all giving me a big Excedrin grade headache <G>. I much prefer analysis of black and white facts like analysis of 24 hour changes in model based degree day projections.

Comments
By mcfarm - May 7, 2019, 11:36 a.m.
Like Reply

well the facts are there just read them. The deep state hires spies to collude with Russia ad frame the Trump team...started way earlier than they will admit. I think carter page, papadopulous, Flynn and others have a strong case and although Page says he wants no money thee guys and many more have money coming their way. I think comey, brennan, clapper and team have jail in their future

By metmike - May 7, 2019, 11:53 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks much Larry, especially how you are introducing this topic!

Fact(from one your articles):

"Some of us have long criticized the secret court as operating below the constitutional standard set out in the Fourth Amendment for searches and seizures. In this case, using that secret court, a dossier funded by the Democratic presidential candidate was given to the outgoing Democratic administration to investigate advisers to the Republican challenger and his business dealings. That alone should be deeply troubling, even without the unproven allegations."