what kind of society is this ?!?!?
8 responses | 1 like
Started by GunterK - June 4, 2019, 8:25 p.m.

You may have read about the double-amputee veteran who started a go-fund-me page to raise private funds for building Trump’s wall. He succeeded in raising some $23 mill dollars and they started building a section of the wall.

In February, I read an interesting side-note to this story…..

A 7-year old boy wanted to contribute to this fund-raising event. He opened a hot-chocolate stand in front of his house and pledged all profits to this project

Apparently the internet exposure helped this little boy raise a whopping $22,000 which he then contributed to the wall-building project.

That’s the cute part of the story, but there is an ugly side to it….

The hateful “left” is now demonizing this little boy. He was called a “little Hitler”

But that’s not all….. one tweet suggested murdering the little boy.

If you consider this person’s tweet to be appalling, it is even more appalling that the tweet with the murder suggestion received 65,000 “likes”

What kind of people are these fanatics on the Left?!?!?

Just as appalling is what’s going on within the major social media sites. As most of us know, many “conservative” contributors and/or websites have been kicked out of those platforms…. websites that tell us about events the MSM does not want us to know about…websites that let individuals exercise their right to free speech by expressing opinions, different from the MSM propaganda.

As an excuse for expelling these sites and individuals, the social media giants quote their intent to remove “hate speech”, even though these individuals have never threatened any one… they only reported news or expressed their opinions.

Yet, these media giants have no problem letting a “left”-leaning member threaten a little boy with murder

https://www.infowars.com/over-65000-likes-for-tweet-promoting-murder-of-pro-trump-7-year-old/

I am starting to feel ashamed that for so many years I have supported the “Left”. Well, maybe I shouldn’t be…. the “left” of today is not the same as the “left” of yesteryear.

Comments
By carlberky - June 4, 2019, 9:14 p.m.
Like Reply

It only takes 20 years for a liberal to become a conservative without changing a single idea

Robert Anton Wilson

By 7475 - June 4, 2019, 9:38 p.m.
Like Reply

Oh Gunter and Carl----

Dontcha know!

John

By TimNew - June 5, 2019, 3:54 a.m.
Like Reply

Redefinition of phrases is an important tool for the left.

"Victims" is an important one.  And "Hate Speech" is any criticism of "Victims".

And of course,  no tactic is "Out of bounds" when suppressing "hate speech".

Saw a meme where Captain America is slamming his shield into the head of a swastika  emblazoned "NAZI"  captioned with "So much for the tolerance of the left".  

This is how they view ANTIFA thugs assaulting an older man wearing a MAGA hat.

By joj - June 5, 2019, 10:31 a.m.
Like Reply

You sourced the infowars website headed by Alex Jones.  The guy who said the Sandy Hook massacre of children was a hoax invented by the left.  Nut jobs who followed Alex Jones called bereaved mothers and threatened them.

Do you accept wikipedia?

Alexander Jones is an American radio show host and far-right conspiracy theorist. He hosts The Alex Jones Show from Austin, Texas, which airs on the Genesis Communications Network across the United States and online. Wikipedia

By TimNew - June 5, 2019, 10:44 a.m.
Like Reply

are you saying the story is not true or are you just saying you don't like the source?

There are other sources.

By carlberky - June 5, 2019, 11:11 a.m.
Like Reply

The right to provoke, offend, and shock lies at the core of the First Amendment. This is particularly so on college campuses. Intellectual advancement has traditionally progressed through discord and dissent, as a diversity of views ensures that ideas survive because they are correct, not because they are popular.

Richard V. Reeves

Make no friendship with a man given to anger, nor go with a wrathful man, lest you learn his ways and entangle yourself in a snare.

- Proverbs 22:24-25

By GunterK - June 5, 2019, 1:17 p.m.
Like Reply

Hi joj,

You made a comment about infowars and Alex Jones.

I agree, Alex Jones sometimes has some far out theories. 

I also admit that I almost never listen to his radio broadcasts. 

However, I do visit inforwars every single morning. Infowars is a great source of information... not "opinions", but real information and real events... events our MSM would never report about. I especially appreciate their coverage of the European scene (one of infowars' reporters is from England... he reports about happenings (with videos) the European MSM tries to hide)..

Alex Jones is often called a "conspiracy theorist". This word had a different meaning a few decades ago, than it does now.   A few decades ago, a man telling a story of somebody in the US or Uk having leaked information to the Germans about the Lusitana carrying ammunitions, would have been called a "conspiracy theorist".

Today, this term is simply used for any person who does not buy into the MSM propaganda. Today this term has a derogatory intent... it is used to tell the reader "don't believe what this crackpot says"

One thing is for sure.... Alex Jones loves and cares for his country. he is a patriot

PS

Lucky this is the MF.... had I written this on Facebook Twitter, etc, they would have booted me out.

By metmike - June 5, 2019, 10:47 p.m.
Like Reply

Gunter,

Looks like there will be some accountability for these actions because they attacked the wrong 16 year old boy wearing a Trump hat. 

Covington Catholic student sues NBC, MSNBC for $275 million            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/29171/