New US Tariffs Spell Doomsday for China’s Economy
1 response | 0 likes
Started by silverspiker - June 6, 2019, 10:28 a.m.

New US Tariffs Spell Doomsday for China’s Economy

..... this is a good economic read of China .... snapshot ....

Comments
By metmike - June 6, 2019, 8:30 p.m.
Like Reply

This is a fascinating take  on the tariffs. 

I would guess that if China's economy did collapse, it would put every other economy in the world into a tailspin and the US would be greatly harmed too. 

So it's not good news. If it is true, however and China is aware of this risk, one would think that this would make them much more inclined to come to the bargaining table.

None of us can really know about this but I think that their leader has avoided an agreement to this point because he is hoping that Trump will not be re elected and all of this will go away and China can just go back to business(bad for the US-great for China) as before. 

That's what I would be doing. There is much, much more to gain in the long run if his gamble pays off than he loses in the short run by waiting.

Let's say Trump is re elected. Then, he makes the deal, which I would bet will happen if Trump gets elected in 2020. 

However, knowing Trump, if he is elected in 2020, he will make a new offer to China that's harder on them. 

Trump tells China to ‘act now’ on trade or face a ‘far worse’ deal in his second term

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/11/trump-tells-china-to-act-now-on-trade-or-face-a-far-worse-deal-in-his-second-term.html