Mike....Ameritrade pop up.
10 responses | 0 likes
Started by Jim_M - June 9, 2019, 11:20 a.m.

Mike, I know it takes revenue to keep a web site alive, but the Ameritrade pop up every single page is a bit much.  If I delete it once, that should be enough.  I don’t need to keep seeing it every time I go to another page.  Then it just gets annoying and I’ll make sure I NEVER go to Ameritrade.

Comments
By metmike - June 9, 2019, 11:30 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Jim, I'll pass that along and see if anything can be done to make an adjustment.

I've been trying to contact the owner, Kate McCallum who gets 100% of the small revenue checks for those ads, for 8 months and she's not responded once.................so there may be a problem here. 

Or, maybe that should be, there IS a problem and I'm trying to figure out what to do. 

By Jim_M - June 9, 2019, 5:19 p.m.
Like Reply

Ok, thanks Mike

By Jim_M - June 16, 2019, 8:04 a.m.
Like Reply

Didn’t Kate have some health issues when Alex was alive?  I seem to remember him mentioning it.  I hope she’s ok.

By metmike - June 16, 2019, 2:43 p.m.
Like Reply

I sure hope not but doubt it based on the circumstances. I had numerous discussions with her over a year ago when she asked me to take over and her health was good. If something happened to her, I assume the tech guys would know. 

She disappeared for several months unexpectedly, last Summer, then sent me an email stating that she was just being irresponsible and would start honoring our agreement............that was 8 months ago.

She has not responded to 2 dozen emails.

So this is obviously a concern.

By Jim_M - June 17, 2019, 10:45 a.m.
Like Reply

We have to remember the web site was Alex's baby.  It probably doesn't have much interest to her outside of the revenue.  

By metmike - June 17, 2019, 2:37 p.m.
Like Reply

Actually, she told me that this was Alex's legacy and she was highly motivated to do whatever it takes to keep it going.

He was the founder 2 decades ago and wanted it to go on, though he was looking for somebody to replace him(he'd contacted me numerous times to consider it but I always said no way).

When it had completely died in the Spring of 2018, I got with Kate and agreed to take over to see if I could revive it. She agreed to send me the monthly checks for the first year in revenue and possibly longer. It's not much but she has just continues to get the checks and send me zero and has not responded for over 8 months. 

The last time that I heard from her, she apologized for vanishing the previous 3 months without responding and said that she was just being irresponsible but owed me a bunch of checks. 

I've been putting in a lot of time as you can tell over the past year and my wife is furious with me for letting somebody take advantage of me this way.......which has never happened before in my life. 

I would never have even mentioned it but am Mr. transparent and truthful on issues and its seems silly to try to protect the integrity of somebody that appears to be messing me over and being very disrespectful. 

If she suddenly shows up, I will delete this post and write something nice to replace it but as of now, it's time to share the truth.

I really enjoy it here and likely to stay for some time still but unless or until Kate shows up am no longer doing it as a favor for her to preserve her husbands legacy.

Alex was a great friend and person but not close enough for me to spend 40 hours a week for free for 15 months now to keep his forum going. 

And its not about the tiny amount of money. It's about honoring an agreement and being respectful to somebody that has spent thousands of hours doing something for you. 

By Jim_M - June 17, 2019, 10:26 p.m.
Like Reply

Agreed Mike.  If you're not getting anything out of it, build your own web site.  You shouldn't have to do it for free.  For everything you contribute here, even that is worth quite a bit.  

By 7475 - June 18, 2019, 6:23 a.m.
Like Reply

Mike

This ,to me anyhow,Is your site now.

You are running the show-it has your personality and principles.

Kate was involved with her bridge competitions and such but there is no reason to be ignored as she apparently has been doing.

Reward yourself ,or rather" treat" yourself as circumstances dictate. the time ,efforts and concerns you give this forum of misfits justifies action.

I mean no ill towards Kate ,but things change and interests often redirect.

John

By Jim_M - June 18, 2019, 9:33 a.m.
Like Reply

I agree 100% with 7545

By metmike - June 18, 2019, 7:40 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks much!

Interactions with nice people like you guys is a key reason to stick around.

Sharing authentic, useful information is another.

Ideally, our posting and traffic will continue to grow.