Can this...
5 responses | 0 likes
Started by cliff-e - June 13, 2019, 8:32 a.m.

be defended? Or is it time for the 45 crowd to say enough is enough?

http://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/12/trump-i-think-id-take-damaging-2020-info-rival-from-foreign-agents.html

Comments
Re: Can this...
0 likes
By carlberky - June 13, 2019, 11:17 a.m.
Like Reply

As a private citizen candidate, why not? As an official of the Federal Government (President, VP, Senator, or Congressman), no way

Edited    On second thought, if it is not for fraudulent or treacherous purposes, it is not collusion.

0 likes
By TimNew - June 13, 2019, 2:42 p.m.
Like Reply

Two things.

1st; Did it bother you when the DNC/Hillary hired a foreigner to compose a fake dossier that was later used to obtain a FISA warrant?

2nd;  What Trump actually said was that he would listen to the evidence and then decide if he should report it to the proper agencies/authorities.

But partial/misquotes from Trump are getting to be pretty standard,   so go with it. 

0 likes
By WxFollower - June 13, 2019, 5:52 p.m.
Like Reply

"Sen. Lindsey Graham, often a vocal supporter of President Donald Trump, admonished him Thursday, saying it would be 'a mistake' to accept political opposition information from a foreign agent."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/lindsey-graham-accepting-foreign-political-dirt-a-mistake/ar-AACQ9Wf?ocid=spartanntp

"If a foreign government comes to you as a public official and offers to help your campaign, giving you anything of value -- whether it be money or information on your opponent -- the right answer is no,"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This isn't coming from a lib but rather from someone who usually strongly supports Trump. Maybe, just maybe, Trump is actually wrong?

By TimNew - June 13, 2019, 6:43 p.m.
Like Reply

For the record, I've criticized Trump several times.

Anyway,  here's a quote from the interview. "It's not an interference, they have information -- I think I'd take it," Trump said. "If I thought there was something wrong, I'd go maybe to the FBI -- if I thought there was something wrong."

Maybe,insted of letting a politician tell you what to think,  you read the above, and maybe watch the video, and form your own opinion.

By metmike - June 13, 2019, 10:39 p.m.
Like Reply

People have completely lost their ability to read and think objectively and use critical thinking when it comes to the press creating Trump vilifying narratives intended to mislead them. 

Read his actual words in the interview from cliff's link(similar titles were made from other sources)

Trump: ‘I think I’d take’ damaging info on 2020 rival from foreign operatives

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/12/trump-i-think-id-take-damaging-2020-info-rival-from-foreign-agents.html

He says that he would listen to somebody from another country if they had information...then decide whether to report it to the FBI.  When given the example of a stolen briefing book, he says "Well, that’s different, a stolen briefing book. This isn’t a stolen"

So he is telling us clearly that he would listen to potentially legit information but not accept STOLEN items. 

Then he says that after he listens he would decide whether to go to the FBI. What the heck is wrong with that and how does it justify top news and twisted headlines for a couple of days?

Too funny. The same FBI that leaks information illegally to the press to try to have an influence and uses fake information from foreign countrys to investigate and try to destroy Trump.......yea, that FBI.

So we are to believe that its not ok to listen to a foreign country that has information on your opponent that might be legit but apparently, it's ok for your opponent to pay foreign governments to make up information to use against you like the Clinton campaign apparently did.  We will be hearing a great deal more on that shortly.

And it would be perfectly ok to use stolen or illegal stuff on your opponent if the source was from the good old USA  and not evil Russia. 

And it's apparently been ok to use leaked, stolen, illegal and sometimes  fake information from unidentified sources for the MSN for the past 2.5 years(including from the head of the FBI) but if Trump says that he would "listen" to what a foreign country had to say about his opponent before deciding whether to report it to the FBI, he's a big traitor and...................here's the narrative they want "He is capable of colluding with an enemy country like Russia to have an influence on an election" Which we are to connect with the circumstances of him getting elected in 2016 and why he should not be president.

Which he did not do and as mcfarmer has stated, he is glad they spent 35 million on the investigation and it wasn't a waste because it proved  to him (and anybody that is open minded) that he did not collude with Russia.(of course now, the position is that he obstructed justice and covered up for those crimes that were not committed and this qualifies as  impeachable offenses-folks, what universe are we living in that this stuff continues? If this were any other person, we would all be screaming out that this person's rights as an American cititizen are being blatantly trampled on.

On the interview, this is an example of Trump being completely honest about his own thoughts and how almost  every other politician would respond if they were approached...........except every other politician would give the politically correct lie. 

"Yeah, I would immediately contact the FBI to do my duty to my country."

Trying to paint this president, that puts the USA way ahead of all other countrys interests, more than any president in history, to the point of him being obsessed with it and it causing extreme friction with numerous foreign countries as somebody that would collude with foreign countries and act like a traiter to get dirt on his opponent doesn't match up with the realities. 

Oh, but his son was going to listen to what Russia had to  say about Clinton.

Give  me a break.