RR economic indicator - recession watch
2 responses | 2 likes
Started by bear - June 19, 2019, 1:04 a.m.

same RR traffic for N. America is down by 3.2%... and most categories are down.  the only thing that is up substantially is autos and auto parts.   of course I am wondering how much of this is still due to bad flooding across the central parts of the country. 

for the aussies,  same RR traffic is down by 9% ... and all categories are down.

for the euro zone,  traffic is down by 3%... and all categories are down. 

Comments
By wglassfo - June 19, 2019, 9:24 a.m.
Like Reply

You probably know more than I do

Is this significant or just something to watch if the RR indicator continues on a down ward slide or sort of levels out at some near point

My sons serves the construction and heavy machinery industry, although he does not have a large shop [20 people]

He is swamped with new orders but this could be an isolated thing with his shop

Even during the steel tariff he was busy

New orders came in last week so he is not working off old contracts, and everybody else in his biz is also busy [locally]

This has to be a here thing for my son, as the RR indicators tell the big picture

Tks for your many posts on RR

By bear - June 21, 2019, 12:56 a.m.
Like Reply

https://wolfstreet.com/2019/06/18/trucking-swerves-into-slump-after-u-turn-from-red-hot-boom/

of course, the consumer seems to have a positive outlook,  but shipping has definitely turned down.  (but still up from a couple years ago).

i'm not sure how much of this is due to the tarrifs issue, and how much is due to the flooding thru the middle of the nation.