Quotes for July 9, 2019
1 response | 0 likes
Started by metmike - July 9, 2019, 12:28 a.m.

American-Actor Born: July 9, 1956  Tom Hanks

You cannot look up at the night sky on the Planet Earth and not wonder what it's like to be up there amongst the stars. And I always look up at the moon and see it as the single most romantic place within the cosmos. Tom Hanks 

Truth is, I'll never know all there is to know about you just as you will never know all there is to know about me. Humans are by nature too complicated to be understood fully. So, we can choose either to approach our fellow human beings with suspicion or to approach them with an open mind, a dash of optimism and a great deal of candour. Tom Hanks

Everybody has something that chews them up and, for me, that thing was always loneliness. The cinema has the power to make you not feel lonely, even when you are. Tom Hanks

At the end of the day it's got to be a good movie, it's got to be a funny movie, and it's got to make people think, 'Hey, I couldn't have spent my time any better.' Tom Hanks

There's a difference between solitude and loneliness. I can understand the concept of being a monk for a while. Tom Hanks If you're funny, if there's something that makes you laugh, then every day's going to be okay. Tom Hanks A hero is somebody who voluntarily walks into the unknown. Tom Hanks

Comments
By carlberky - July 9, 2019, 10:09 p.m.
Like Reply

Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.

Forrest Gump

Stupid is as stupid does.

Forrest Gump

The problem isn’t me talking.  It’s you not listening.

Captain Phillips

Have I got things to tell you!  Jerry

What happened?  Joe

I'm engaged.  Jerry

Congratulations. Who's the lucky girl?  Joe

I am!  Jerry

Lemmon and Hanks (Some Like It Hot)

Well, I like you, and I want to spend the night with you.  Susan

Do you mean sleep over?  Josh

Well, yeah. Susan

OK... but I get to be on top.  Josh

Perkins and Hanks (Big)