MM todays weather
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by mcfarm - Aug. 6, 2019, 6:23 p.m.

just checked my radar for the 100th time the last 2 days. We had a near 90% chance of rain today and I see our 90% chance somehow arrived clear down in Evansville. Congrats for you guys. We are needing the rain badly. Right at 1.5 since around 6/24 and much of our crops are showing the stress. Beans extradinarilly short for this time of year and at a stand still.

Comments
By metmike - Aug. 6, 2019, 6:35 p.m.
Like Reply

I completely missed the rain too mcfarm! It went south of me....dang but not surprized as I was thinking most places would miss out but it got real close here. 

I know you are talking about the NWS forecast for this rain(and I have wondered why they had so much in the local forecasts in the Eastern Cornbelt) because mine has been for us to get short changed:

By metmike -            

Liquid equivalent precip forecasts for the next 7 days are below.

"Rains are questionable in the dry central/eastern belt locations this week! Amounts likely to be disappointing.    

We have the real deal rains finally moving up into the late week 1 period, starting in the southwest belt/Plains, then continuing to spread northeast into early week 2."

By metmike -

Current Dew Points

"Moisture pooling up towards the cold front in the Southern Midwest.

Not enough to generate robust rains in the dry and getting drier spots of the Central and Eastern Cornbelt this week. "

By silverspiker - Aug. 7, 2019, 4:07 a.m.
Like Reply

good for the company to do 6AM in a.....

24u