Cleaning up Baltimore
10 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - Aug. 8, 2019, 3:05 p.m.

A man named Presler started an organization called "Americans helping Americans".

Since Baltimore had been in the news recently, regarding all the filth and rats, his team went to Baltimore to clean the mess, specifically Rep Cummings' district. Hundreds of helpers arrived from various states. They removed several tuns of trash.

Many citizens were quite grateful. Some of them said that their area had not been cleaned for decades. Makes you wonder, where all the money went that was destined for this purpose.

But then the truth came out... all these helpers were Trump supporters. 

OMG!! How horrible!! 

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-08-08/maga-supporters-clean-12-tons-trash-west-baltimore-streets

Comments
By metmike - Aug. 8, 2019, 5:03 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Gunter!

You pointed out some good stuff numerous times.

The article below is the quintessential example of how the media will not give Trump or Trump supporters a fair shake............no matter what they do:

Baltimore Sun Attacks Trump Supporter Who Organized Massive City Clean Up

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timothymeads/2019/08/07/baltimore-sun-attacks-trump-supporter-who-organized-massive-city-clean-ip-n2551319

By metmike - Aug. 8, 2019, 5:52 p.m.
Like Reply

This is the same Baltimore Sun that CNN was cheering for when it attacked Trump after his comments about their city.

Baltimore Sun takes on Trump's attacks with searing columns, news and fact-checks

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/03/media/baltimore-sun-trump-cummings/index.html

"One of the Sun's many headlines about the dust-up said, "West Baltimore residents say Trump tweets do nothing to help solve difficult issues."

"In some ways," Broadwater told CNN Business, "President Trump has a point: The condition of the trash and blight in some neighborhoods in Baltimore is terrible, and wouldn't be tolerated in wealthier, whiter parts of town. We cover the problems in Baltimore nonstop. But the difference between what the Trump is saying as opposed to other politicians who make similar observations is whether they actually try to help the city. People feel like Trump is just mocking them." 

metmike: Regardless of their position, they should have been able to acknowledge sincere gratitude that several neighborhoods were cleaned up by caring Trump supporters after Trump brought these rat and trash infested places into the national spotlight."

As somebody from Detroit(my Dad grew up in the inner city but not us) I am very familiar with what its like and what happens in the slums. It's probably inconceivable for country folks who live on, what seems a different planet. 

These people, born in squalor and raised this way, like most of us, accept their surroundings/environment. They don't have the mindset to know the best way to turn things around.

It usually takes people from the outside, with a different perspective, speaking out and in some cases, acting out.....that squalor and trash and rats are not good living conditions.

At least the Trump supporters used actions  and deeds to make a positive difference in the trash situation.   Which makes me wonder. If the Trump supporters were able to do this, why hasn't the Baltimore Sun, with all its local contacts/connections and concerns about the best interest of the city of Baltimore, in fact being THE major newspaper serving the residents of Baltimore done something like this?

I was a member of Operation City Beautiful for over 2 dozen years for our city, starting with my first month as a television weather anchor. The media, working with our city government leaders and the people of my community would surely, without question have cleaned up the trash that Baltimore has accumulated and that has led to this disaster, including the rats.

Where has the Baltimore Sun been all these years? What about the rest of the local Baltimore media and local government that knows about the problem? Don't just blame the residents. Blame the community leaders and the ones rebuking  Trumps comments with the most ferocity are actually the most to blame. Look at yourselves Baltimore Sun and Baltimore media and Baltimore government. You let your city turn into what it is. 

They let down Baltimore and the people living there, then take the position of defending the way Baltimore is?

Establish a strong base of people in the community with an "Operation Baltimore City Beautiful" organization like many cities do.  That by itself will makes things much better/cleaner.

By metmike - Aug. 8, 2019, 11:33 p.m.
Like Reply

Gunter,

This is one of the things that we do in Evansville Indiana to keep our city clean. Why is there no leadership in Baltimore doing this sort of thing?

http://www.cleanevansville.org/

Upcoming Events

DateThemeArea Of Focus
Saturday, September 14, 2019September Clean UpSt. Joseph - Lloyd Expressway
Saturday, October 5, 2019October Clean UpCedar Hall School
Saturday, November 2, 2019November Clean Up Morgan Ave - Greenriver Road
Saturday, December 7, 2019December Clean UpWashington Square Mal

By metmike - Aug. 10, 2019, 3:24 p.m.
Like Reply

Reporter Confronts Residents About Trump’s Baltimore Comments. They Demolish The Left’s Narrative, Heckle Al Sharpton.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/50364/reporter-confronts-residents-about-trumps-amanda-prestigiacomo

Fleccas also highlighted another inconsistency within the mainstream narrative. When controversial activist Rev. Al Sharpton popped up in West Baltimore following Trump’s comments, residents heckled the political figure, calling him a “phony” and a “hustler” and asking why he only comes around during politically opportune times.

“I feel like nobody cares about this area here, they’re not concerned about us,” a middle-aged female said.

Two men then complained that Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD) has been representing the area for 25 years and has nothing to show for it.

“He allocated $4.6 billion for illegal immigrants but he hasn’t donated any money right for North Avenue ... West Baltimore. Where has he been at? It’s drug-infested, it’s homeless people right there in West Baltimore — two blocks from his district. He don’t come there everyday. I haven’t seen Elijah Cummings in ten years ride up and down North Avenue,” one of the men said, noting that the last time he was around was following the death of Freddie Gray, which was quickly politicized.

When asked about President Trump’s comments, one of the men answered, “Me personally, I want him to say things like that because it’s true. ... I don’t have no problems with the man. I really respect him as a man because he’s upfront, he’s truthful. They keep wanting to say, ‘he a racist, he a racist, he a racist’; that’s not the problem, especially with black people, because I don’t see white men killing my own kind, you know what I mean.”

Baltimore residents speak out:

Make sure to listen to the last 3 minutes.

https://www.mixedmartialarts.com/forums/OtherGround/Baltimore-residents-heckle-al-sharpton:2785313

By metmike - Aug. 10, 2019, 3:38 p.m.
Like Reply

Is the MSM showing any of this stuff?

Why not?

Are they helping to solve the problem or are they making it worse?

Why?

The solutions are there. This thread shows them.  

Why aren't the people in government being paid to represent and take care of these people applying these common sense solutions known to others outside the community? 

Why isn't the local media, that reports all these crimes and disaster stories, day in and day out doing anything?

What was Al Sharpton doing in Baltimore? What were his solutions?

By carlberky - Aug. 11, 2019, 8:59 p.m.
Like Reply

There is no denying that "Americans Helping Americans" is a wonderful organization which has done a great job for many years. 

There is also no denying that this particular event, recruited for and participated in by only Trump supporters, taking place in Rep Cummings' district, was politically motivated to embarrass the Democratic party and the city of Baltimore.

Although there will be deniers, in your heart you know it is true,

By TimNew - Aug. 11, 2019, 9:11 p.m.
Like Reply

How sad that the "Advocates" for these poor people make it so easy to be embarrassed. And further, how sad that  you choose  to view a humanitarian effort from a group with a long history of humanitarian efforts as somehow purely political.  

Lots of money has been sent to the area,  but it's all been mostly spent in "Other Ways".

That's what should bother you.

By carlberky - Aug. 11, 2019, 10:05 p.m.
Like Reply

"you choose  to view a humanitarian effort from a group with a long history of humanitarian efforts as somehow purely political."  

Tim, this carefully selected group of Trump supporters staged a one-time event which has no history at all.

You can continue to deny it was political, but you should proudly claim it. It was brilliant.

By carlberky - Aug. 11, 2019, 10:59 p.m.
Like Reply

https://www.facebook.com/pg/AmericansHelpingAmericans/events/?ref=page_internal

Let's put this sham to bed.  

Apparently, "Americans Helping Americans" did not host the event.

Upcoming Events

Americans Helping Americans® does not have any upcoming events

Past Events

MAY 10  Make a Wish Grant a Wish - Bridges to Prosperity 

Thu 4 PM · Hosted by Americans Helping Americans® 

Foxfire Mountain Adventure Park Sevierville, TN 

By metmike - Aug. 12, 2019, 1:05 a.m.
Like Reply

The reason I suggested everyone watch/listen to the last 3 minutes of this video is that when it's an interview with the volunteers.

https://www.mixedmartialarts.com/forums/OtherGround/Baltimore-residents-heckle-al-sharpton:2785313

As somebody that has volunteered for a living the past 25 years, I have a very strong opinion that these are authentic and sincere people, not as some accuse them of being...........using these residents to embarrass the entities that are failing them.

Not once do the volunteers place blame on others. Not once in the interview do they bring in politics, in fact, just the opposite.

They came together as an act of love according to the organizer.  One guy has a history of helping the homeless and saw Scott's twitter message, it was natural for him to respond.

Scott says that they will be back and he  is working with the community on doing more.

They clearly did some good, making  a positive contribution to cleaning up the community and also a positive contribution in making the world in these Baltimore neighborhoods much less divisive. 

Many people on the other side don't have the mindset of people like this and maybe that's why they are suspicious. Maybe it's hard to imagine people that would support Trump would be like this...........caring and having love for complete strangers, which is why Scott says that he did it.

Incredibly, LOVE was the theme of today's how to help a fellow human being.

"How to help a fellow human being August 11, 2019-Love "           

Started by metmike - Aug. 11, 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/36595/

We need more people like this and more acts of love like this.

Unfortunately, the other side will not embrace this for what it is because it weakens the false narrative about Trump and his supporters. 

Racists would not do this. People that support a racist president would not be acting this way...........unless they were really just using these black people to embarrass the ones who should have been doing  better job taking better care of these people.

These all appeared to be caring people to me.......like the ones that I've teamed  up with in different volunteer organizations.

We need more people like Scott and his 200 volunteers in this world...........performing ACTS of love for complete strangers in need.