Israel blocks Omar, Tlaib from entering country
12 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Aug. 15, 2019, 3:15 p.m.

Israel blocks Omar, Tlaib from entering country amid pressure from Trump

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/israel-may-bar-omar-tlaib-from-entering-country-for-support-of-bds-movement

"Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, explaining the decision at length on his office's Twitter account, said that Tlaib and Omar's itinerary "revealed that they planned a visit whose sole objective is to strengthen the boycott against us and deny Israel's legitimacy."

Netanyahu said their travel plans referred to a trip to "Palestine," not Israel, and the congresswomen were not interested in meeting with Israeli officials. He went on to note that the Palestinian organization that planned the visit, MIFTAH, supports the boycott movement, and that people associated with the group have supported terror against Israel in the past.

He said Israel welcomes critics with the exception of those who support boycotts of the Jewish State."

Comments
By mcfarm - Aug. 15, 2019, 3:49 p.m.
Like Reply

although Israel's position is fully understandable I agree with Tony Katts, our local and great Jewish radio commentator, He says Israel should let her in the country so that her racists, bigoted, and idiotic pronouncements are fully heard. Once that happens only then will the world finally hear for themselves the kind of crap that come out of her filthy mouth.

By metmike - Aug. 15, 2019, 4:38 p.m.
Like Reply

I agree mcfarm,

I think that its unwise to keep people from visiting your country because of their politics.

Granted this is unique but it's actually a big win for the side that was denied visitation.

By joj - Aug. 15, 2019, 11:37 p.m.
Like Reply

The word is that Netanyahu had already announced they were being admitted and Trump got him to change his mind.  Tweet storm followed.  I think this is a net loser for Trump.  And, it makes Israel weaker for having caved to him on a matter of principle.

By mcfarm - Aug. 16, 2019, 6:44 a.m.
Like Reply

Trump? Are you sure it wasn't the RUSSIANS!!!!!!!!

By mcfarm - Aug. 16, 2019, 9:23 a.m.
Like Reply

ohh look. Now Israel is letting one of the racist in their country. Maybe that is Trumps fault also.

By metmike - Aug. 16, 2019, 11:37 a.m.
Like Reply

Fox News correspondent says he was 'really hurt' that Israel barred Omar, Tlaib

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/fox-news-correspondent-says-he-was-really-hurt-that-israel-barred-omar-tlaib

"Tlaib was then granted access to visit the country and her grandmother who resides there on a "humanitarian request," after she promised not to "promote boycotts against Israel," albeit she has since announced that she is not likely to go anymore."

By metmike - Aug. 16, 2019, 11:39 a.m.
Like Reply

Rep. Rashida Tlaib says she won't visit Israel after being allowed to enter on humanitarian grounds

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/16/politics/rashida-tlaib-israel-visit-intl/index.html

"I have decided that visiting my grandmother under these oppressive conditions stands against everything I believe in--fighting against racism, oppression & injustice," Tlaib said in a tweet. In a statement released shortly after her tweet, she said she has "decided not to travel" to the country. 

Tlaib had asked Israeli Interior Minister Aryeh Deri for access so that she could visit her relatives, "and specifically my grandmother, who is in her 90s and lives in Beit Ur al-Fouqa. This could be my last opportunity to see her."

By metmike - Aug. 16, 2019, 12:39 p.m.
Like Reply

Satire from the Babylon Bee:

Women Who Don't Believe Israel Has Right To Exist Not Sure Why They Got Banned From Israel

https://babylonbee.com/news/women-who-dont-believe-israel-has-right-to-exist-not-sure-why-they-got-banned-from-israel

"It's racism," said Omar in a press conference. "It's all due to racism. Well, that and a Jewish conspiracy. The Jews are behind this, for sure." (The evidence indicates she's correct on this assertion, a first for her accusations against Jews).

Tlaib agreed, saying she wanted to ask Jews about the Holocaust so she could relax and get a "calming feeling" while she was there.

"It just doesn't make much sense for this country that shouldn't even exist to ban us," she said. "What have we ever said against them, besides suggesting they are terrorists who deserve to be pushed into the sea?"

By metmike - Aug. 16, 2019, 1:10 p.m.
Like Reply

This is just a political game.

These 2 women had a big victory yesterday.

Everybody on the planet knows that they hate Israel and their trip was purely political in nature. 

However, after Israel banned them, for political reasons, it made Israel look very bad/intollerant(Trump too for encouraging Israel to do it).

They should have left well enough along but instead, one of them(trying to vilify Israel even more) claims the trip was not really political, this is her last chance to visit her 90+ year old grandma and asks to be approved for humanitarian reasons and promises not to work to destroy Israel while she's there........possibly hoping that Israel would continue the ban and that country look even worse(while making her look even better)

Israel approves her trip under these humanitarian, non political terms, that she herself was asking for.

Then she blows it and changes her mind and gives political reasons for HER deciding not to go after Israel gives her the green light, which tells us her humanitarian reasons were just a guise(or she would still be going to visit that grandma in her 90's).

By TimNew - Aug. 16, 2019, 1:40 p.m.
Like Reply

I keep hearing the word "Racism" bandied about in this and other cases, and when I look for examples of "Racism", I just can't find them .  Guess I am just not "woke" enuff. 

By joj - Aug. 17, 2019, 6:33 a.m.
Like Reply

It is a political move by Omar and Tlaib for sure.  And had Trump not inserted himself there would have been little noise about the whole thing.  20 years ago Luis Farrakhan, who is much, much more vile in his sentiments toward Israel, was allowed to visit Gaza by.... Netanyahu!

Trump wants to play the political game too!  He knows that his base supports Israel and that Democrats are split.  So to drive a wedge between moderate Democrats who support Israel and liberal Democrats who think US policy is not balanced in the ME he puts pressure on Netanyahu and Bibi caves.  I doubt it will work.

By mcfarm - Aug. 19, 2019, 12:14 p.m.
Like Reply

well we knew it didn't we? Seems more to the story as the msm decided to slant the damn thing again. Tliab had the oppurtuinty to go with the congressional visit and turned it down. Why? Ohh so she and the other terrorist, racist Omar could go on the MFDA dine and then call out Jews with just any any semite comment available. Dear joj what is Israel supposed to do here. They have laws just as we do that prohibit such visits from foreigners who come form afar to spread lies. Seems the grandma story was the lie and then grandma go thrown right under the racists bus... Seems Israel got it right after all, as they usually do. Good for them.