Worthless dollars
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Aug. 22, 2019, 10:53 p.m.

Some of you may remember my "worthless dollar" post

I suggestd buying chinese stuff and sending them worthless dollars

MM quickly reeminded me of treaties that did not alloww such a practice if it rsulted in currency manipulation I am now aware the treaty is amongst the G20

Well:

It seems Trump has the same thoughtss i did about treaties and China is very concerned, warning of all out currency wars

China of course says they would win such a war, but experience tells us when china gets vocal, they are worried

Well: Trrump might be willing to call their currency bluff, with the Fed almost forced to come to his aid

Trump seems willing to break with the G20 treaty and any other currency treaties, and engage in a currency war with china, having a very sizable war chest to fight such a battle

And the Fed would be forced to engage with QE

China would see the Yuan or remenbi go up and the USD down in value. China would also see a capital flight, something that would cause a loss of face, which I have said before is very important to china

Now I am not the expert so if I said up when down should be the word or vice versus please forgive me as this is very confusing to me

The bottom line is Trump seems to have accepted the fact a straight up trade war with tarriffs can not be won, with china, and has changed course to a currency war which I sort of suggested, with worthles dollars. Worthless is a bit extreme but worth less would be the best description vs chinese currency. Yuan and remenbi means main land vs off shore currency so don't sweat the use of one or the other, it is essentially the same currency.

I posted Trump would never win a trade war with china

I posted Trump had to do some thing different

He is not buying stuff, as I suggested, he has gone directly to the bottom line and decided to wage a currency war, which seems to me a much better option

He isn't doing exactly what I suggested, but close

He would be going a step further and I think a win able decision

If it isn't a good decision, for Trump, then why is china so vocal about warning Trump to not engage in currency wars

One final thing

If china never honoured a contract, why would Trump abide by a treaty?? He has ripped up so many, a couple more is no big deal.

Trump has not pulled the pin just yet but he could and I hope he does

The currency market is positioning as if he will pull the pin, which is also not helping china

Best of all, Trump has decided beating your head against a brick wall and hoping for good things to happen, might be insanity

I posted something different had to happen and by golly, something different might happen

Comments
By metmike - Aug. 23, 2019, 1:31 a.m.
Like Reply

Wayne,

It's China that's been devaluing their currency not the US.

Since the tariff war started the value of the dollar has been going up, not down.

By wglassfo - Aug. 23, 2019, 2:54 a.m.
Like Reply

Golly Mike

Give Trump some credit for thinking

Of course the Yaun has gone down

The USD has gone up

All you did was post the obvious as of today and previous days

Do you think Trump doesn't know this

Do you think Trump knows a tariff was will not be won by the USA

This means something different has to happen

Do you really think Trunmp would do some thing to make the situation worse

You play chess. You know a player thinks several moves ahead

Do you think it possible Trump is thinking about what happens in a currency war.

Trump knows he will not win the trade war with the same ole same ole. He has already pulled back on some tariffs.

Golly Mike

Give Trump a bit of credit

Do you even understand what Trump wants to do

what happens in the days ahead will tell the story.

Trump could win a currency war

You would know that if you understood Trumps plan

By 7475 - Aug. 23, 2019, 11:31 a.m.
Like Reply

Hey Wayne,

So the Buck is tanking a bit after Powell spoke at Jackson Hole an hour ago.

Do you think the Donald had a "speak" with him yesterday?

John