Trump trade war and AG Markets
1 response | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Aug. 27, 2019, 6:08 p.m.

I see an article today where the USA corn association is blasting trump for messing around with the Ag markets

Specifically, he was blasted for the 31 waivers granted to oil refineries

Now some of those were small and the oil people claimed this put undue hardship on those refineries

It is a fact the price of rins did drop, big time, for all oil refineries which the corn producers claimed was a gift to the entire oil industry

Well they may be small, but it did lower the cost for all refineries, not just a small number of targeted refineries, and everybody can now use their own, octane boosting, cancer causing products

So: the oil and corn producers fight for market share

The corn lobby [which it is] also blasted trump for making Ag the front line in the on going trade war

Trump keeps on saying that the americian farmer will win big, just giive him a bit more time

The corn lobby is saying Trump has already ruined the grain market and nothing will fix it again. How will the americian farmer ever win back a lost market

Re: china setting up suppply lines to source from other countries

The corn folks still remember when the wheat deal happened with russia and russia decided to get down to buisness and grow their own wheat which they did

The wheat market has never recovered and today russia is an exporter of wheat. That is what the corn lobby says happens when you lose an important market

Also, what happens next yr when 100 million acres are planted to corn because we have unsold old crop soy beans. The argument is that Trumpp has messed with Ag and Ag is paying the price.

Unfortunately in Canada we do not recieve payments for lost markets

Looks to this outside observer that no matter who is right or wrong, the americian farmer is looking at the fall prices of grain and blaming Trump

I know all this has been said many times before but, it seems that things are becoming much more on the radar of farmers as they see prices going down hill, as harvest approaches. 50 cent a bu can be the difference between profit and loss on a 200 bu crop of corn, depending on your cost structure. Rented ground is for sure mostly a loss. You folks rent a bigger % of ground then we do...What we have are mortgage payments

I was wondering if the corn lobby speaks for very many farmers when 2020 comes around and voting decisions are made in Ag country. The article was very anti Trump but any thing can be slanted so I am just asking,  where is the truth of farmer sentiment, given the many grievances reported in the article

Comments
By mcfarm - Aug. 27, 2019, 6:39 p.m.
Like Reply

do not know the answers Wayne but I do know we have the corn lobby, the bean lobby, corn producers union, the NFIB, the beef producers, the cotton producers, corn check off, national corn producers, Indiana corn producers, pork producers, sheep herders of America etc lobby this lobby that. Seems to me we have plenty of organizations claiming they all want to help.....their selves..... to some fine prime rib dinners with our congressmen and senators under pretense of all about saving us farmers. Trump sees the big picture and how unfair the trade has been with China....so far I am with and continue to be with Trump