More totalitarian thinking from the left. They don't like Chic Fil-A, so no one can.
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - Sept. 8, 2019, 8:53 a.m.

The crime?  Their CEO believes that marriage is between a man and a women.  Some people agree with this thinking. Many others disagree but understand why he feels that way.  And then you have others who can't tolerate opinions different from their own. "You disagree with me?!?!?! You Racist/Bigot/Homophobic/misogynist/Idiot".

With a business,  you have two choices.  You purchase their product/service or you don't.  For any reason you want to use.  If enough people agree with you, the business thrives or it doesn't. That's how things are supposed to work.

But for many leftists, if they choose not to do business with a company, they want to make that decision for everyone else.  That's totalitarianism defined. 

Ever notice that totalitarian governments are almost, if not always leftist?  That's because leftists tend to think they know what's best for everyone and are the only ones "Smart"enough and "moral" enough and "ethical" enough to make basic decisions for everyone else.  And since they have the intellectual/moral/ethical high ground, any means they use are justified.

https://www.christianheadlines.com/contributors/michael-foust/kansas-faculty-chick-fil-a-on-campus-makes-students-feel-less-safe.html?utm_content=buffer962fa&utm_medium=fbpage&utm_source=chpg&utm_campaign=chupdate&fbclid=IwAR35Qv5NDUV2vbKigALDVvW14Ufb6Sa54xYQhzbZlJHiAZCJuNwi2_kzQyw

"A group of University of Kansas faculty members is calling for the removal of Chick-fil-A from their campus, saying the popular restaurant is a “bastion of bigotry” and that it makes some students feel less safe."

Comments
By WxFollower - Sept. 8, 2019, 9:52 a.m.
Like Reply

This is why the smartest thing to do strictly from a good business sense standpoint (and in some other situations, too) is to try to keep divisive political positions to yourself. Otherwise, you’re risking turning off a large portion of (potential) customers.

This reminds me of Oscar winners when many will say “who cares about your position on so and so?”. I liked your movie and let’s leave it at that. But when they open their mouth about a hot political issue, it risks turning off some folks without the advantage of doing much to help their image. The risk/reward ratio is unfavorable.

I do agree with you that it is the far left that is the least tolerant of opposing views. At least that has been my impression for years. These folks are obvious hypocrites with this intolerance. It is either their way or the highway. Of course, far righties can be very bad, too. Example: white supremacists. I really abhor extremists on both sides as they can even be dangerous.

By TimNew - Sept. 8, 2019, 11:42 a.m.
Like Reply

I think it's interesting that society has reached a point where the belief that marriage is between a man and a woman in controversial enough to warrant this level of reaction.

As far as extremists.  There's a significant difference there. On the right,   you'll not be likely to find many/any who think white supremacy is just swell. On the left,  the same is not true.  You'll be hard pressed to find any who condemn ANTIFA or any other # of left wing extremists.

By mcfarm - Sept. 8, 2019, 12:48 p.m.
Like Reply

WX, in this case you seem to be asking a Christian to not be Christian......not blaming you of course but nowadays the white conservative Christian seems to be the one asked to roll over